Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Freshman User

06sonicsport4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best SI/SO bolt on exhaust for my 2010 4.6 3v

I am looking for a quality, and good sounding single in single out kit. I have had exhaust on all of my previous trucks, but never a bolt on kit. I feel like getting a kit for this truck for the clean look, and if I get tired of it I can put the stock back on. I have heard some sound clips on youtube of gibson, and magnaflow. Also a corsa system that sounded pretty good. The gibson sounded too poppy, but maybe it was just the recording. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior User

ns_redneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have a magnaflow. mine is duel out. but i think the single would sound about the same. i love mine it sounds awesome, but not bad on the highway. I drive a 3600 km trip a couple times a year and it don't bother me at all.

2011 f-150 xtr package. convence package. lariet grill. magnaflow exhaust. hood deflector. venvisors. sync system. harley tail lights. taunnoe cover.
2009 f-150 xtr package. magnaflow exhaust. lariet chrome mesh grill. ventvisors. extang trifold cover.{traded in}
1979 f-150 6inch lift 35 inch boggers. 460 bigblock. c6 auto. np 205 transfer case.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Posting Guru

Greg B has a good reputation on FTE.Greg B has a good reputation on FTE.
Magna-Flow would get my vote as well.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Freshman User

You got a picture of your dual out system? I would like to see what it looks like.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Senior User

ns_redneck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

there are more in my gallery. it was an easy install. took me 1 and a half hours without jacking the truck up. All the hangers are welded on and go in factory positions or a factory hole on drivers side. and its all stainless.

2011 f-150 xtr package. convence package. lariet grill. magnaflow exhaust. hood deflector. venvisors. sync system. harley tail lights. taunnoe cover.
2009 f-150 xtr package. magnaflow exhaust. lariet chrome mesh grill. ventvisors. extang trifold cover.{traded in}
1979 f-150 6inch lift 35 inch boggers. 460 bigblock. c6 auto. np 205 transfer case.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Posting Guru

That's the same system as my neighbor has on his 06 F150. It sounds awsome.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Freshman User

I went with the Dynomax kit because I have also always heard good things about it. Major mistake, it in installed on the truck i did it yesterday, the install wasn't that bad ya but it is way too loud. Way too much drone inside the cab. It sucks, I just hope the stock exhaust will go back on because I am sure going to try to put it back on come sunday.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Posting Guru

I have heard nothing but good about Magnaflow, MBRP, Borla, and Banks. All are good quality and won't drive you out due to noise or drone.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Senior User

LBF is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06sonicsport4x4 View Post
I went with the Dynomax kit because I have also always heard good things about it. Major mistake, it in installed on the truck i did it yesterday, the install wasn't that bad ya but it is way too loud. Way too much drone inside the cab. It sucks, I just hope the stock exhaust will go back on because I am sure going to try to put it back on come sunday.
You might be able to replace the muffler with another brand - might save you a little grief.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Freshman User

I am just going to put the stock system back on, I like the way it sounded the thought of exhaust just always interested me.. I have always had exhaust on all my trucks. But there is a reason why Ford makes the 09-10 trucks so quiet, and nice riding. I am going to keep it that way.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
2009, 2010, 201046, 3v, 46, bolt, escape, exhaust, f150, ford, muffler, ons, performance, swap, system