Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Freshman User

88f150*300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford still having quality issues

Went to my local Ford dealer and checked out about 8 different Flexes on the lot. Every single one had at least one misaligned door, misaligned door mouldings (where doors meet bottom of the window glass), and paint coming off of the front bumper where it meets the fender. The Flex I was interested in was Ingot Silver...on the right side of the vehicle, there was a distinct color difference between the front and rear door. I think that was due mostly because the metallic flake in the paint wasn't uniformly dispersed throughout. You can actually see heavier areas of flake in some areas more than others. This is a big turn off...especially when the base Flex lists for $30,000.

I haven't purchased a NEW Ford since 1996 because I had 2 horrible experiences with brand new Fords (1993 & 1995 model years) and vowed never to buy a new Ford ever again.

It's a real shame as I really like the Flex and had my heart set on it ever since I saw them in the magazines as prototypes. I thought maybe the Flex would be my way back into the Ford family...especially since Ford's quality has come up according to recent surveys.

On a brighter note...the interior is qorgeous and looks well put together.

Oh well...maybe I have to wait a little longer for the quality to improve.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Postmaster

vloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88f150*300 View Post
...on the right side of the vehicle, there was a distinct color difference between the front and rear door. I think that was due mostly because the metallic flake in the paint wasn't uniformly dispersed throughout. You can actually see heavier areas of flake in some areas more than others..
If there is any damage from the transport, it will be painted. They are not required to reveal this repair unless it exceeds a certain amount.
Quote:
This is a big turn off...especially when the base Flex lists for $30,000.

I haven't purchased a NEW Ford since 1996 because I had 2 horrible experiences with brand new Fords (1993 & 1995 model years) and vowed never to buy a new Ford ever again.

It's a real shame as I really like the Flex and had my heart set on it ever since I saw them in the magazines as prototypes. I thought maybe the Flex would be my way back into the Ford family...especially since Ford's quality has come up according to recent surveys.

On a brighter note...the interior is qorgeous and looks well put together.

Oh well...maybe I have to wait a little longer for the quality to improve.
The quality isn't too bad now. Just be aware of "other circumstances" that might change things.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Freshman User

88f150*300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vloney View Post
If there is any damage from the transport, it will be painted. They are not required to reveal this repair unless it exceeds a certain amount.

Ok...but what about the misaligned doors & moulding? And the paint coming off of the front bumpers? I believe these to be quality issues. Sloppy work and no attention to detail. How deep does this go with the vehicle? Not very inspiring when you're getting ready to part with 30,000 hard earned dollars.

The quality isn't too bad now. Just be aware of "other circumstances" that might change things.

I would really like to hear about the "other circumstances". Can you elaborate on this?
Thanks and I look forward to more feedback here. So many views of this thread with very little response.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Postmaster

vloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud of
Quote:
Thanks and I look forward to more feedback here. So many views of this thread with very little response.
The paint mismatches and alignment issues would be more to the quality controls of the body shop it was taken to after the transport issues......not Ford.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM