Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September Chat / All Topic Thread

Another month come and gone..

To continue last months thread:

Originally Posted by Will P
Good day today! I started my new job at the power plant near Hot Springs. Now I'll have enough cash to pour into my truck projects.
Congratulations. Always nice to start a new job.

What do you do at the power plant?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
Another month come and gone..
Already!!!!?????

Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy water balloon fights gone wrong Batman, it's time to build an Ark here in SW Missouri. between 4 & 6 inches have fallen over the last 24 hours. To say the creeks are at flood stage is an understatement.
Originally Posted by tojoski
To continue last months thread:

Congratulations. Always nice to start a new job. What do you do at the power plant?
And like a goober, I replied in that thread instead of the proper month. Looks like I'm in trouble now....please don't send me back to Florida. I won't do it...you'll never take me alive.
Good day today! I started my new job at the power plant near Hot Springs. Now I'll have enough cash to pour into my truck projects.
Congratulations on the new gig, I know exactly how you feel to go to a new job where the potential is there to make some serous change. Are you working at the "hot water" plant off Henderson? Or one of the Hydro-electrics on the lakes?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Will P
Senior User
I will be at the steam plant that is on Lake Catherine. I'll start out as a maintenance/operator I. I'll spend a while learning all the systems in the plant from a mechanical side and then from the operations side. I'll probably end up in operations though. Everyone there is already past early retirement age or right at it so they are all ready to jump ship and let us younger guys take over. I think I'll be able to put in 20 years or so and then retire myself and make good money along the way. It is really exciting to me because I am getting to see how things that I learned about in college really work. It is a good feeling to know that my education is actually worth something to me now.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I will be at the steam plant that is on Lake Catherine.
I'd forgotten there was a steam plant on Catherine...though thinking back, it's been 20+ years since I went to a church function that was on the Lake Catherine.

Poor Joey (my son) turns 10 on Wednesday, for an early birthday present his loving sister flushed a toilet on him while he was in the shower this morning. To make a long story short...in a panicked rush to get out of the scalding water he hit the frosted glass shower door which shattered & sliced his left knee wide open...and sent him to the ER for 26 stitches to fix the tear. Anyone want to see photos? To say he's on some good pain killers is an understatement. What some kids will do to get out of school for a couple of days.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:01 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
sliced his left knee wide open...and sent him to the ER for 26 stitches to fix the tear
OUCH!!!! poor kid, I know just how he feels.
Zack, I thought all shower doors were supposed to be safety glass, you know the kind that shatters into a million small pieces. I'd check any others if it wasn't.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Found out earlier that I am off work tomorrow. If I'd have known that, I would have played hooky Tue and left today for Pigeon Forge. A week in the Smokies, a truck show and cruise, life is good

Old 09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Have you roadtested the 53 with the teardrop since the cooling system mods ?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning everybody, got to sleep in until 0815...that's when the 3-ring circus fired up this morning.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
OUCH!!!! poor kid, I know just how he feels.
Zack, I thought all shower doors were supposed to be safety glass, you know the kind that shatters into a million small pieces. I'd check any others if it wasn't.
This house was built in '65, and I can only assume that's when the shower door was installed. The other bathroom has a tub & curtain arrangement for the shower; guess when the shower stall is the size of a broom closet you can't use a curtain?

The boy is doing better, supposed to see a speicalist on Wednesday to make sure everything is ok around the knee. The ER doc said all of the tendens & veins/arteries around the knee cap where untouched. And he thought it was actually the knee cap that stopped the slicing. So, we get to find out just how good my new insurance is.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Have you roadtested the 53 with the teardrop since the cooling system mods ?
I pulled it to town Sat. and had no problems. It doesn't seem to run any warmer with the trailer in tow than without.
Got most of my stuff done today, might just leave a day early I am so ready to be outta here.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
And now for today's dose of humor. For a little background about my working arrangement....it's 158 miles from my house to where the trailer sits, takes me right at 2 1/2 hours to make the trip....and it's another 10 minutes to the depot where I go on duty. So when I come up for the week I give myself just at 3 hours to get to the trailer...drop off food/clothes to the trailer; repack my cooler and get my tail to work. Last night...thinking I needed to be at the depot at 0500 I got up at 0130 giving myself enough time to shower, finish loading the truck and make the trip.

Anyway...things are going about as smooth as could be. I roll into the parking a little before 0500...and wondered to myself "where is everyone?" Went about my routine of icing my cooler down, getting paperwork together, clocking in...etc. After about 10-15 minutes I can't stand it anymore wondering where everyone is at; should be at least two other guys coming on-duty with me. I start digging through some older notices and finally discover the job that I'm working today goes on-duty at 0600

The positives in this whole deal are (A) I didn't oversleep (B) I wasn't late to work. Both have happened this summer.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Ok, here's a chuckle I got off another board:

best of craigslist: Hey Crackhead

Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Ok, here's a chuckle I got off another board:

best of craigslist: Hey Crackhead
That's pretty funny, can't say I know exactly how he feels (no one has touched my ****-zoo-key).

Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
About the only thing I've ever had ripped was gas...and it was my own kids doing the ripping. Not quite the same, I guess.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Hi all, from the Great Smokey Mountains! Decided to bring the 53 up here for a truck show, pulled the teardrop camper 660 miles yesterday without a problem. Now it's time for a short nap and then I'll do a little sightseeing and picture taking. I'll post some pics later.
True Blue Truck's Fall Ford Truck Fest Show in the Great Smoky Mountians

Quick Reply: September Chat / All Topic Thread