1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

so about a tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so about a tranny

really need to get serious about this transmission but ive been scratchin my head for a while about it. cant decide what to do! i know BTS is probably the best transmission. but i dont really want to drop 5k + on a transmission. so DI trans in houston will put a 450 hp capable tranny in my truck for 4400 bucks. no billet parts in that one but triple disk presicion conv. so thats a viable option. the other is to have my tranny rebuilt with racer x parts or something at a local trans shop around the house... probably other options that im not aware of but i need help either way... what would you do!?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
in all honesty, if your willing to spend 4400 on a NON guarenteed tranny such as BTS whats nother 600$? hvae you been over to the Nation at all? there was a guy recently who blew his tranny after x amount of years and he had a new tranny at his door step in 2 days flat, didnt have to pay for anything just ship his tranny back to BTS. the horror stories i have heard about local shops is rediculous. i remeber reading a story when a shop rebuild this kids tranny with " top of the line" parts and it failed with in a few short miles, he decided to take it appart himself, he found cheap chinese solenoids and crappy disks, and they wouldnt warranty anything or what ever the beef was.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
so... what are you sayin, that bts doesnt warranty theire tranny's or they do. and my thoughts are not that its not worth the extra money for a bts if thats what your sayin, but that DI transmissions sounds like they make a good transmission as well and it IS warrantied. its also installed for 4400 dollars. its also at my convienence here in houston area. im just wondering if anybody here has had any dealing with DI trans

Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Noooo! Bts has hands down the best warranty on the face of the earth lol when you go to bts you'll nber have to worry ever again, go on to powerstrokenation dot com and ask about bts and see what they say