We thought it would be helpful to put together an informative thread to explain the rules and suggest some tips for the calendar contests going on at MemberCalendars.com, so here goes:
Rules to remember
1. No people in the photos. If you have a nice photo with you or someone in the car, do your best to touch up the image and remove people/company signs and logos. We want a car and a background, thats it.
2. Photos need to be set up as landscape, or, as rectangles with a 4:3 aspect ratio. There is a help button on the website explaining this in more detail, look for it when you are prompted to upload your photo. No small files or huge files will pass the upload checker.
3. Make sure it is YOUR photograph
4. One photo per user per car. If you have 2 or more cars and pictures for them, have your significant other or a friend sign up and submit. No images (even if they are different angles) of the same car, please.
1. Altering an image with a design software such as Photoshop is ok. Make sure you don't make a car into something it is not (like adding or removing parts). This is not a necessary step however, don't feel like you have no chance if your photo is untouched and natural. Some people prefer that, which is why this is a public vote.
2. Group photos of cars are encouraged, as long as they are all similar cars that are eligible for the specific contests in which you are entering them. (So no Mustangs with a Camaro and a Firebird, got it?)
3. Feel free to post a couple of images on the Calendar threads here on the forum (even this one) to get some opinions from other members. You might have 2 or 3 photos you are considering so have your own mini-vote to determine which one to submit, if that helps you decide on one.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!
Spread the word to others who might be interested in submitting a photo. If there aren't enough images to make a calendar, there will be no calendar. If you like this idea and concept, which isn't new (club calendars have been around since there have been clubs and printing presses), you have to promote the idea to others. Of course we want to see all the calendars be successful. Every calendar we print will credit your forums, which is good for the enthusiast community. There's a noob born every minute, this will only help the exposure of the forum networks.
Only YOU can create calendars, we're just the ones who will ultimately put the ink on paper for you.
Good luck to all and feel free to ask questions or comment, we're doing all that we can to respond to everyone.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.