Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I'm Back.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Back.........

Well, i really never left...not that i didn't try...
If everybody will remember back to May, 2010, i sold Bit Mo' so i could go be an overseas contractor...that never panned out, and i have been salivating over every dang PSD i see...

that said, i agreed to buy a 2002 F-350 quad cab fat azz XLT this afternoon to satisfy my PSD withdrawals...i will be picking the newer, bigger, Bit Mo' #2 up Monday afternoon...modding will be soon, such as the ZOODAD, it needs it bad...the CCV, the 50c mod, foil delete, red line delete, EBPV unplugged, and a muffler delete or 3" exhaust (haven't decided which), and the Max A/C mod. Pics will be upcoming, i took some with my phone but can't figure out how to load em on the comp...

I TOLD MY WIFE TO NEVER ASK ME TO SELL MY TRUCK AGAIN...she said OK...

All in all, i'm just glad to be back, i was getting sick of all the BLUE......remember the Aurora...yuck...

Anyway, as always...and i am looking forward to at least one great weekend of wrenching...

Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
itsjustdan26
Elder User
Great to have you back man! Glad to hear that your gettin another truck. It sucks the job didnt pan out, somethings just arn't for everyone.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Welcome back David...sorry the job did work out, but everything happens for a reason.
welcome to the fat azz club, cant wait to see her.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:58 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Originally Posted by Franko72
Welcome back David...sorry the job did work out, but everything happens for a reason.
welcome to the fat azz club, cant wait to see her.
Thanks Dan and Frank,

Franko, i just left a post on your lengthy thread about your tranny...i would say you see my new rig everyday, but it seems you haven't seen it in awhile...and it sux terribly...seriously, my new one looks pretty much just like yours, crew quad, fat azz, white with taupe two-tone, diamond plate box in the bed, and ALCOA wheels...sharp...yours, and the others that look like em are the reason i picked this one...i was driving along and saw it parked at the dealers, they traded for it yesterday at 4 pm...i HAD to turn around...i got a pretty good deal on it...$12900 + fees...$13650 out the door...ain't bad...but, now i'm in hock...

Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome back David. Sorry the job didn't pan out foy you though

Old 08-29-2010, 08:14 AM
farmdad
Posting Guru
David, sounds like you got a good deal. Bet the dealer wondered why there was such a quick turnaround on that truck. Hope you let them detail it for you among other things dealers do before they sell a vehicle.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Waynenap
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N V US Lawn Care
Thanks Dan and Frank,

Franko, i just left a post on your lengthy thread about your tranny...i would say you see my new rig everyday, but it seems you haven't seen it in awhile...and it sux terribly...seriously, my new one looks pretty much just like yours, crew quad, fat azz, white with taupe two-tone, diamond plate box in the bed, and ALCOA wheels...sharp...yours, and the others that look like em are the reason i picked this one...i was driving along and saw it parked at the dealers, they traded for it yesterday at 4 pm...i HAD to turn around...i got a pretty good deal on it...$12900 + fees...$13650 out the door...ain't bad...but, now i'm in hock...
Congrats! Get us some pictures when you can. What's the mileage on it?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Originally Posted by farmdad
David, sounds like you got a good deal. Bet the dealer wondered why there was such a quick turnaround on that truck. Hope you let them detail it for you among other things dealers do before they sell a vehicle.
Yeah Mark, that's all why i have to wait until Monday...a really good polishin' and i asked 'em to check the tranny...thanks Franko...

Originally Posted by Waynenap
Congrats! Get us some pictures when you can. What's the mileage on it?

Pics will be up just as soon as possible...the miles are high, but they're all highway......308k...only place i could find on the whole truck is an elbow dimple on top of the wheel cover...looks like the PO leaned in to get something out of the bed and rested his elbow on the well...other than that, this truck is friggin' flawless...the only downside (besides being back in debt) is this one ain't like my old E99, there's a dang cat on it, and all the other stuff previously mentioned that need to be addressed...

Old 08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
308k miles for 12900? Have you signed the paperwork? Seems awfully high to me. Good to hear from you again.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Originally Posted by tdpower
308k miles for 12900? Have you signed the paperwork? Seems awfully high to me. Good to hear from you again.

yeah, it's high miles, but have you priced these trucks...i just did a quick reference search on Autotrader, ebay, and KBB...find one for less than $15k with those miles...they just are hard to find...and the 7.3 is a dissappearing relic amongst motors out there...the dealer was already on the phone trying to get some of the 50+ guys looking for one up to the dealership when i saw it...miles or not...i'm pretty sure that it will be going for a LONG effin time with the help of my FTE brothers...

Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Any time a dealer tells you they have people lined up to buy it they are pulling your leg. This is a buyers market now. How much did you sell your old truck for? Personally I would look around some more. Just a quick look on CL I saw better deals than that.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Any time a dealer tells you they have people lined up to buy it they are pulling your leg. This is a buyers market now. How much did you sell your old truck for? Personally I would look around some more. Just a quick look on CL I saw better deals than that.

CL can't finance me...

I wasn't saying there aren't better deals, but, there are not any 2002 quad dually's for sale within 200 miles of me...the draw for me was the 7.3, and this is a really nice truck, it has not been beat up...and what i was saying is that the dealer traded for the truck at 4 on Friday and had a list of guys who were looking for one, he had been calling them Saturday morning to come look at it...i just happened to meet my boss next door to get paid, saw the truck, and happened to be the first one on it...BTW, it was 9:15 am Saturday morning...the trucks similar to this one that i can find are all over 500 miles away, yeah, it might save me a few bucks on the price, but it'll cost me the same to get there...lol...i appreciate the input, but this is really what i want now, and also what i wanted when i settled for the first Bit Mo'...bottom line, i'm happy, be happy with me...thanks...

Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Ok, I'll leave it at that and be happy for you. Welcome back!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
I dont think the price is that far off from they are going for down here. I just did a generic KBB (didn't know your options) on it and I came up with $15k.
when you have to finance your painted into a corner and yah you'll pay a bit more (pardon the pun), but we have all been there a time or two.
Heck, mine KBB'd at $12, I payed $8,000 cash and just sank (and I do mean sank) $2500 for a trans.
I found my truck on CL, it posted at 9pm, I called at 8am the next morning, and the owner said he was getting calls till 10:30 pm about it. I was the first of 7 or 8 guys coming to look at it that day, but I bought it first.
Was he BS'ing me...who knows. All I know is I got the truck I wanted for a fair price and I'm happy.
As long as your happy, it's your truck, and your money. Thats all that matters.
Im happy for ya....Your going to be up all night tossing and turning thinking about her.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Ok, I'll leave it at that and be happy for you. Welcome back!

Thanks Grant...glad to be back...1 day to go, well, @ 19 hours til i get it...i'm so dang excited...i'm sitting in the POS Aurora right now on the comp...i really hate this car...

Quick Reply: I'm Back.........