Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Swap Meet

I just wanted to remind or inform everyone about the swap meet at the Western Complex this week end. Saw the advertisement last week in the classics section of the paper and can't wait. If memory serves correct, Saturday 8:30 is the start time.
--Mike G

Old 02-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Swap Meet

I don't know if many made it to the show but it was nice. Lots of stuff and indoors! There wasn't too much for the 390 I am building, but several vendors had numerous carbs and manifolds as well as other engine stuff for other Fords. I did see a guy toting away a nice tailgate off a late 60's when I pulled up.
Next one will be at Bandimere in May (still a little burrrr).
--Mike G

Old 02-10-2003, 02:54 PM
chadburns
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap Meet

Ahh, now Mike, you were supposed to say how bad it was. Seeing as how I didn't make it there. A good carb and manifold would have been nice to locate. Gonna need a 4v for this motor I am working on. Know any good places for Edelbrocks?? Thanks. Oh, did you get anything while you were there???

Chad Burns
1968 F-250 390 2v auto
Aurora

Old 02-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Swap Meet

Hey Chad:
I did not make any purchases as I was not armed with a little red wagon to tote things. My main quest, oddly enough, was for an Edel performer RPM to make the 390 happy. There were in fact a few, maybe four aluminum manifolds, however they were dual-quad or single plane set ups. There was an individual who brought a factory 4 manifold over from the salvage yard and slapped a $50 tag on it. Figured I could do better myself and wouldn't have to lug it around the complex. There is a vendo there, didn't get any info, but they actually had a trailer loaded with manifolds and carbs. I had seen them before at Bandimer so I will hold out 'till May and hope they have some FE goods.
Hope to see you there, --Mike G

Old 02-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Spudco
Senior User
Swap Meet

Hi Guys,

I made it to the swap meet on Saturday, but was very disappointed. I couldn't get there 'til 2 and they closed way too soon!! I don't know what time they closed, I was off in that cloudy haze that comes over me when I'm surrounded by thousands of old car and truck parts.

I was blown away with the number of vendors! Lots of guys with a dozen or two parts and lots of junk, but man it was cool. I only got to "quick look" about 1/4 of the stuff before they pushed me out, kickin' and screamin'. I had to work Sunday so I couldn't get back.

I did see some 352/360/390 parts but nothing I had to get.

See you at Bandimere. Spudco

Old 02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Swap Meet

Saturday was only 'till 4 pm. Not enough time to shop for sure. I too was surprised about the number of vendors, particulary the larger out of state folks. I had also overheard an announcement for the people to reserve their spots for next years show.... The Bandimere show is not nearly as "national" as this one was but may have more of the local garage cleaning parts we need.

Not much of the FE stuff, but then that gives us another chance to shop again!

--Mike G

Old 02-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Talking Swap Meet

Mike,

How about next year a bunch of us FTErs get together for breakfast EARLY the first day of the show and compare notes on what we need, get in there right as the doors open and then meet for lunch and let everybody know what we found?

Spudco

Old 02-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Swap Meet

That sounds like a great idea to me! Definitely count me in. We will also need to bring along some sort of carting devices. Seems there were quite a few older folks toting the "Little Red Wagon" aroung the hall.
--MG