1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

10 mpg

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 mpg

in 4wd on the beach 12-13 mpg running 60-65 mph in 3rd gear towing a 19-ft boat on the way back home. damn i love my truck!!

this is corolla, nc...spent last week on vacation in nags head. it was absolutely a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! : D

Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
awesome! Nice pics!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N-I-C-E
Must of been a heavy 19ft boat not to use OD......
On another note:
Small world huh?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool! My Mom is a retired skool teacher from Md. that now lives in Corolla (she's a volunteer Fire Fighter now, station 6?). Hopefully you'll never meet her on a professional level (or anyone for that matter). Anyway I love my Mom very much so I get down there as often as I can (specially in the summer :-)). She lives behind Food Lion and north about a mile on Walehead. Anyway, small world. Looks like you had a blast! I am happy to see the SHIvy on your exhaust side!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 AM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Cuda_jim
N-I-C-E
Must of been a heavy 19ft boat not to use OD......
On another note:
Small world huh?
not that heavy, but i am paranoid about towing in OD. i've heard horror stories...

Originally Posted by Copedawg
Cool! My Mom is a retired skool teacher from Md. that now lives in Corolla (she's a volunteer Fire Fighter now, station 6?). Hopefully you'll never meet her on a professional level (or anyone for that matter). Anyway I love my Mom very much so I get down there as often as I can (specially in the summer :-)). She lives behind Food Lion and north about a mile on Walehead. Anyway, small world. Looks like you had a blast! I am happy to see the SHIvy on your exhaust side!
sweet! i love it down on the obx. my mom used to joke around about people who lived at the beach spending money to vacation at a different beach but it's soooo worth it!

yeah...boyfriend drives a chevy, but he's wonderful enough i keep him around anyways (he used to have a mustang and a bronco- traded the bronco for the boat, which i love too, so i guess it's ok! LoL)

Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 AM
thebig350
Senior User
Nice, miss. I particularly like the vanity plate (and the proudly displayed Confederate flag). On a side note, is that a shadow or a little ding under the pass side headlamp?

Brian

Old 08-29-2010, 09:38 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
not that heavy, but i am paranoid about towing in OD. i've heard horror stories...

sweet! i love it down on the obx. my mom used to joke around about people who lived at the beach spending money to vacation at a different beach but it's soooo worth it!

yeah...boyfriend drives a chevy, but he's wonderful enough i keep him around anyways (he used to have a mustang and a bronco- traded the bronco for the boat, which i love too, so i guess it's ok! LoL)
You can see what I tow and I use OD all the time. Its just one of those common sense things. If you keep your speed up, my favorite is 70, then you have enough RPM's to leave it in OD. If you start to get under load (I use cruise all the time) then I hit the OD buttom. If towing under 60 then I only use OD going down hill or have a tail wind. Just watch the trans temp gauge and use common sense.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:54 PM
plgebbia
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
You can see what I tow and I use OD all the time. Its just one of those common sense things. If you keep your speed up, my favorite is 70, then you have enough RPM's to leave it in OD. If you start to get under load (I use cruise all the time) then I hit the OD buttom. If towing under 60 then I only use OD going down hill or have a tail wind. Just watch the trans temp gauge and use common sense.
......X2...... I towed 10,000 pounds with an auto for a while and I always used O/D, but I was careful not to lug it. It also liked to cruise at about 70mph.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to here you had a good time. Not to mention that your truck is running well.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by thebig350
Nice, miss. I particularly like the vanity plate (and the proudly displayed Confederate flag). On a side note, is that a shadow or a little ding under the pass side headlamp?

Brian
thanks...and that's her new flag. bf got me a lot of nice stuff while we were away. he's awesome and that is a big ding- one of these days i'm gonna make up a crazy story about how it got there but ain't got around to it yet lol

Originally Posted by Fullcrew7.3
Glad to here you had a good time. Not to mention that your truck is running well.
hell yeah!! she's been lovin the weather lately