Sponsored by: Moser

I finaly finished my truck!!! pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finaly finished my truck!!! pics

So last Friday I finally got done what was a 2.5yr rebuild on my '78. In this rebuild it got a built up 460(550+hp), built up C6 auto, rebuilt tranfer case, and for axles it still has the front 44 underneith with an ox locker and 3/4 ton spindles and breaks to convert it to 8-lug. The Rear is a fresh Super Camper Special Dana 70 with a brand new factory Ford limited slip. 456 gears. Lift is 9" in front, 6" with a shackel flip out back, and a 2" body lift. Wheels and tires are 42"x 15" Swamper SX2's on 20" x 12" KMC XD Rock Stars. Paint is a 7 layer flame job sprayed in clearcoat over the existing flat black/ rust. All hand pinstriped. Theres alot more that went into the truck that I wont bore everyone with, so any questions please feel free to ask. Heres some pics of how she looks now. These were taken this past weekend in Woodstown New Jersey at the Lowrollers End Of Summer Bash (minitruck show). I drove the truck 3 hours to get there too. Theres a bunch more I want to do like powder coat everything under the hood, but that will come this winter prob. Id really like to thank everyone on the forum here thats helped me out along the way. Ive had a bunch of questions on things that you've all helped me through. For those newbies who havent seen me on here lately i was on all the time like 2 yrs ago. Enjoy!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Witty73
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Awesome job, I love it. Very well executed, some subtle changes and some that just reach out and slap you. Overall a very nice, one of a kind ride. Have fun!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
Cool looking truck, very nice job.
I like the phantom flames and and the overall dark look.
Congratulations

Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Old 08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice dentside!

That's one beastly looking machine! I think you'de roast anyone with that truck in a truck VS truck race!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Thanks guys! Hey Witty73, those are those flares I got off that guy in St luis from Craigslist if you remember that thread a few weeks back lol. Thanks again to everyone who helped out with that btw.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
79Indy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very EVIL! It looks great!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
bmarkline
Elder User

These are the only pics I have of inside right now but its pretty nice inside, new carpet, seat reapolstered in diamond pleat velour, Full stereo system with 4 speakers and two 10" subs, yada yada yada

Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Blown 331
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great! You didn't waste any time getting those flares on there.
Whats the story on filling the cowl vent? Looks slick. Does it affect the HVAC or are you not running it?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
tinaheels
Senior User
dam she is sweet.nice job on her

Old 08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
doug70
Senior User
Nice Truck

Good job, now comes the fun part. Enjoy the ride. Wish I was that far along. I am trying to get mine done in a year. Just can't find the money tree.

Doug

Old 08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
jsutton
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats dude! That looks awesome! I love the rockstars!!! Can't wait to see some pics of the stereo setup. I like the way you ran the wires through the fender apron, very clean!!! Did you just take the inner fender cover out of the wheel well and work them that way? Also did you mix up some tinted clear for the lights or is that VHT nightshades?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
bmarkline
Elder User
The deal on the cowl vent was that the seem sealer from factory inside the the cowl dried up and split, so rain would drip under my dash on my feet and fuse panel when i was driving. Instead of cutting everything away and rewelding it all to seal everything, I just cut out the vent portion for a custom look. Before welding in the new peices I made funnels under the wiper drain holes, that have a tube on each side to run water out. Then I drilled holes on the sides of the cowl with a hole saw to let air still get in for my heater/ vents. I dont have AC.

I've since put screen over these vent holes to keep rodents out (i live in the woods) and with the plastic wheel well liner now back in it will never see rain or mud.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
bmarkline
Elder User
Originally Posted by jsutton
Congrats dude! That looks awesome! I love the rockstars!!! Can't wait to see some pics of the stereo setup. I like the way you ran the wires through the fender apron, very clean!!! Did you just take the inner fender cover out of the wheel well and work them that way? Also did you mix up some tinted clear for the lights or is that VHT nightshades?
Thanks man, the stereo is going to get all redone accually. I want to get a receiver with a flip out screen, sat radio, and a back up camera for safetys sake. Then behind I want a new box built that will hold my Infinity 6x9s and the MTX subs both rather than having seperate peices. New bigger amp and a security system/ remote start too. Door speakers are getting replaced with my Infinity component set. Yeah i did away with all the wiring on the wheel wells, its between the upper metal ones and the lower plastic ones. Starter selenoid is just on the other side of where it used to be, and I have a sealed removable access panel in the plastic wheel well to get to it now. I did away with the factory ign setup for a MSD 6AL unit under the glovebox in the dash, and have a powermaster one wire alt now too so that cleaned up all the external voltage regulator junk.

For the lenses I mixed up some PPG clear like normal, then just kept adding some black to it till I got the look I wanted.

Quick Reply: I finaly finished my truck!!! pics