Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Scooters

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Thinking seriously of going back tomorrow evening to get it. Like to ride it more first. Hopefully he will get the brakes fixed soon. You are right about the tinkering, I love older vehicles and can't seem to leave well enuff alone. Only thing that will definately have to go is the hard bags, need some good leather bags for it. He has the original seat, exhaust and several other original parts.This is what I would like for it to look like.

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I've been to Bowling Green, KY, I've been to Grand Bay, AL, I go to Tn every year. I usually put around 12k per year on my bike, so you can tour on a shovel with no problems, but I still carry a roll of tools with me.
Then again, my '61 flareside is my daily driver, and I carry tools in it too.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I still carry a roll of tools with me.
We'll have to get together on what's included in that kit. I'm going to buy this shovel

Old 08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Bummer Talked to the fellow this AM, deal was done. He called a few minutes ago, decided he doesn't want to sell the bike I figure his 14 y/o son decided he wanted it, OH WELL!!!!!!! The search continues.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:52 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Bummer Talked to the fellow this AM, deal was done. He called a few minutes ago, decided he doesn't want to sell the bike I figure his 14 y/o son decided he wanted it, OH WELL!!!!!!! The search continues.
He's going to put his 14 year old on that shovel head . Isn't that kind of like giving a 16 year a GT500 or a "tweaked" PSD? No way would I put a 14 year old on a scooter that big. Stick him on a 250 Honda for a while until he can prove that he's got a straight head on his shoulders...but then that's just me. What do I know?

I'll keep an eye out for you in this area if you'd like Jeff. With NWA I'm sure someone is willing to unload a shovel or pan head.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I know where there's an older Shovel('72 I think), but it's in need of way more work than the guy who owns it wants to admit. In fact, it belongs to the guy who owns the campground(who's name just happens to be Guy)where I'll be the weekend of the GTG. He thinks you could tinker a bit and ride it. I think it'd have to be taken to pieces and put back together if you wanted it to hold even a little bit of oil.
I'll keep an eye open for you.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Zack, if you find a Pan, I'll sell Jeff my Shovel and buy the Pan. Like to find a '65 if you could swing it ;-)

Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I know where there's an older Shovel('72 I think)
Crow, I'm not beyond buying a project bike if the price is right. I usually build my rides from parts from several sources, just so that I end up with what I want. Let me know if it is reasonable.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
You going to make it up to Mtn View for the GTG? I believe he's still got it and we can see it at the campground.
I know where there's another that the guy just sunk a ton of money into and ran out of funds before he got it finished. Don't know if that one's for sale or not, but I'll check.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Zack, if you find a Pan, I'll sell Jeff my Shovel and buy the Pan. Like to find a '65 if you could swing it ;-)
I make no promises...but I'll keep an eye open. Just like window shopping...I keep my eye open for all kinds of Fords & scooter that are for sale; pretty sure I'd be in trouble if I had the $$$ to spend.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:06 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
pretty sure I'd be in trouble if I had the $$$ to spend.
I wouldn't be, I'd just have a salvage yard and used vehicle sales

Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
You going to make it up to Mtn View for the GTG? I believe he's still got it and we can see it at the campground.
I know where there's another that the guy just sunk a ton of money into and ran out of funds before he got it finished. Don't know if that one's for sale or not, but I'll check.
If nothing drastic happens, I plan to be there. Check on the other. All of these prospects have my head spinning, scoots here, scoots there, just needs to be one here I've also got a bid on one on E-bay, it ends Sat.
Harley-Davidson: eBay Motors (item 300458326228 end time Aug-28-10 17:19:05 PDT)

Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Hey, I'd give the guy a call and punch the "buy it now" button. If it runs like it looks you won't beat it. Neither of the bikes I was mentioning look that good.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:49 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Neither of the bikes I was mentioning look that good.
Yeah, it looks good, but like another friend says, "chrome don't get you home" The bike looks good and if all of the work listed has really been done during the time listed, he's probably got more than that in it.
I got a notice this AM that the reserve had been lowered, but my high bid still doesn't meet it. If nobody buys it today, I'll probably "buy it now"tonight and make a road trip to Missouri this weekend.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Hmmm, next weekend, my wife is gonna be out of state and I've got a 3 day weekend.

Quick Reply: Scooters