1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door locks

1958 panel truck has no door lock on driver side? Has one on the passenger side door.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
That's the way the truck was built...you were supposed to enter and exit the vehicle on the "safe" curb side so that you didn't get hit by traffic on the driver's side.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM
anderson sc
Senior User
That is very interesting! Thanks! I guess I'll have to figure something out to fix that.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
To add onto what Charlie said, if you didn't know it already, is that before to exit out the passenger side door, you can flip your interior drivers door handle clockwise (opposite the direction you pull it to open the door) and it will lock the door. THEN slide over, exit the passenger side and lock that with the key - locking the entire cab!

Try it!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
anderson sc
Senior User
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
To add onto what Charlie said, if you didn't know it already, is that before to exit out the passenger side door, you can flip your interior drivers door handle clockwise (opposite the direction you pull it to open the door) and it will lock the door. THEN slide over, exit the passenger side and lock that with the key - locking the entire cab!

Try it!
Thanks guess need to get bench seat! Oh I can get my wife to reach over a open my door. But I have been telling my wife I'm not painting this truck, LOL. She said she won't be riding in it then. So maybe door poppers would be a way to go. LOL Sure going to have fun with this project. Oh I also told her I was going to bolt two broken rocken chair's on the roof that I was showing her I'd had picked up the other day. She said I don't think so. She calles the truck stinky. It does smell like it was a goat house or a chicken coop once. Have to say it the stinkest project ever brought home. Thank you for your input! This forum alway's been good help! Thanks!!!