Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Senior User

ed foster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finding the 6.0 serial number

Sorry, guys. I just have to vent. I'm trying to get a new EGR valve for my '04 6.0 and a lot of places are asking for the engine serial number. So, after 3-4 places asking I look on this site and find out where the number is located. On the left rear crankcase. I knew walking back out to the truck it was going to be an issue since the back third of the motor is under the firewall. Sure enough, there was no way to read the number even with my Milwaukee fiber optic cam. Am I missing something or did Ford have their head up their a-- again? What would be wrong with duplicating the number on a 10 cent plastic sticker somewhere on the truck? I mean, it's only a $5000 option.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Your FICM has a label with the serial number and build date of the engine. Not easy to see, but a hell of a lot easier than the rear of the block.

See: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/87...ce-inside.html

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed foster View Post
Sorry, guys. I just have to vent. I'm trying to get a new EGR valve for my '04 6.0 and a lot of places are asking for the engine serial number. So, after 3-4 places asking I look on this site and find out where the number is located. On the left rear crankcase. I knew walking back out to the truck it was going to be an issue since the back third of the motor is under the firewall. Sure enough, there was no way to read the number even with my Milwaukee fiber optic cam. Am I missing something or did Ford have their head up their a-- again? What would be wrong with duplicating the number on a 10 cent plastic sticker somewhere on the truck? I mean, it's only a $5000 option.
They should only need the VIN number. Also, I can give you the proper EGR valve part number for your year truck - if you are interetsted. You would just need to tell me where your ICP sensor is located.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
I'll sell you one.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 PM