1992 Flareside rear step bumper - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



1992 Flareside rear step bumper

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM
breno1987's Avatar
breno1987 breno1987 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 95
breno1987 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1992 Flareside rear step bumper

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a rear step bumper for a 1992 flareside -I've searched every scrap yard and auto recycler within 100km of my home, as well as a vicious internet search with no luck whatsoever! My flareside has the indented fiberglass bumper that is flush with the rear of the body and I don't like the look of it, nor is it very functional. I've seen alot of flaresides from the same era with a step bumper and I would really prefer it. I have even taken bumpers off of standard model f-150's and rangers, rigging my own mounts and trying them, but it just doesn't look natural.

Is there ANYONE out there that has a flareside sitting around as scrap or know of any place that would have this part I am looking for. I would love to work out an arrangement to purchase it, pay for shipping etc. and get it up here to Canada. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
nflfreak43's Avatar
nflfreak43 nflfreak43 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 2,700
nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breno1987 View Post
Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a rear step bumper for a 1992 flareside -I've searched every scrap yard and auto recycler within 100km of my home, as well as a vicious internet search with no luck whatsoever! My flareside has the indented fiberglass bumper that is flush with the rear of the body and I don't like the look of it, nor is it very functional. I've seen alot of flaresides from the same era with a step bumper and I would really prefer it. I have even taken bumpers off of standard model f-150's and rangers, rigging my own mounts and trying them, but it just doesn't look natural.

Is there ANYONE out there that has a flareside sitting around as scrap or know of any place that would have this part I am looking for. I would love to work out an arrangement to purchase it, pay for shipping etc. and get it up here to Canada. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!
hey actually the Fiberglass smooth bumper "roll pan" is not stock. if you was closer i would trade ya but that aint gonna happen with ya being in canada.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
FlaresideF150's Avatar
FlaresideF150 FlaresideF150 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 106
FlaresideF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfreak43 View Post
hey actually the Fiberglass smooth bumper "roll pan" is not stock. if you was closer i would trade ya but that aint gonna happen with ya being in canada.

Would you be intrested in selling it? I have a 95 flareside and ive been looking all over for a rear bumper.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
nflfreak43's Avatar
nflfreak43 nflfreak43 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: La Vergne, TN
Posts: 2,700
nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
and do what run around without a bumper? and no..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:57 PM
95stepside's Avatar
95stepside 95stepside is online now
Elder User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 505
95stepside has a great reputation on FTE.95stepside has a great reputation on FTE.95stepside has a great reputation on FTE.95stepside has a great reputation on FTE.95stepside has a great reputation on FTE.
^^ haha i was just thinking the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
503racing's Avatar
503racing 503racing is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gallitzin, Pa.
Posts: 185
503racing is starting off with a positive reputation.
are you still looking for the rear stepside bumper? i got one in Pa. getting pics and gonna post them. overall its good dont believe its rusted or dented, but needs the plastic trim pcs.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Millenium Edition's Avatar
Millenium Edition Millenium Edition is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 106
Millenium Edition is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503racing View Post
are you still looking for the rear stepside bumper? i got one in Pa. getting pics and gonna post them. overall its good dont believe its rusted or dented, but needs the plastic trim pcs.
Not sure whether he is or not, but I am lol
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flareside rear bumper Shadowrider123 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 4 08-16-2014 07:26 AM
WTB: 92-96 F-150 Rear Flareside Step Bumper gentlemansbeard WTB - Parts & other 0 07-15-2014 08:48 PM
Want to replace 1992 F-150 Flareside roll pan bumper with steel gentlemansbeard 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 0 07-15-2014 08:28 PM
Ranger frame dimensions at bumper mount breno1987 Ranger & B-Series 4 08-20-2010 01:58 AM
86 f-150 flareside rear bumper brackets 86Flareside 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 12 05-16-2003 06:19 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Tags
1978, 1992, 1995, 1997, back, bumper, bumpers, f150, flare, flareside, ford, rear, rollpan, side, step, truck

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.