ok i just got a new Harley f150 with all the bells n whistles and only a 5.4 not the new 5.0 or 6.2 unfortunately.
i have alot of questions.
1. what is that green cylinder mounted on the exhaust? vibration tuner maybe?
2. whats with the ugly alien looking intake with all its extra chambers? is this performance enhancing or just to minimize the howl of inrushing air when under hard acceleration? can i just replace it with same diameter pipe?
3. why the hell did they build the exhaust with 2 -2.5 pipes feeding from headers/cats into a 2.5 inch y-pipe that then enlarges to 3 " just before the muffler/cat flange, then back down to 2.5 inches again untill muffler then dual tailpipes? whats the point of offering mandrel bent pipes from headers back if you choke flow off with smaller diameter portions of y pipe and exhaust pipe.
4. what are the little pump/primer looking dealies on rear brakes? something to help maintain or bleed brakes?
5. whats the best computer chip tuner to get, keeping in mind i will be doing an upgraded exhaust system and intake and no nearby tuner shops?
6.is the 18 inch spare tire a good indication of the smallest winter tire n wheel combo i can get and still not rub the brakes?
7. can i upgrade the hard drive in navigatoin/stereo system? is it just a normal computer ide or serial ata hdd or ssd? just imagine putting a 1.5 terabyte hdd in there.
i challenge you ford experts for these answers. i have been out of the truck scenne for the last forty months and am eager to get back into it!