Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup holder issues!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 AM
starkid7345
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some auto parts stores have a cup holder that has three suction cups that hold it to a window and its free to hang and move all angles. my dad has them on his wing windows and they work great in his 95 f150.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Flatbedbill
Junior User
Here is the Ford call out # for the seat mounted consule in my 96 5sp bench seat 045A36.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:48 AM
ChristopherN
Elder User
I got one of these because my seats are not stock.

Hopkins/Black console with storage compartment and 2 adjustable locking drink holders (SC-BLK) | Console | AutoZone.com

Works great and it sits on the middle seat, belted in.

Job done.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
White Max
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Even my rubber-floored, manual windows/locks XL has the studs on the front of the bench seat for the factory cupholder. That was one of the first things I snagged off eBay after buying the truck. As a matter of fact, there are three of them on eBay right now, as are the mounting studs, if your seat is missing them.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I too am sick of having a 44oz drink, and fighting with it, the wheel, and the shifter......

Not sure how I will approach this one exactly....I've kept my eyes open for a 40/20/40 seat.....With the flip down armrest/cup holders......

Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 PM
redlightning93
Senior User

Originally Posted by Big_Al59
They did come with a 2 place cupholder, sits right in front of the middle front part of the bench seat. There are 2 large studs at the lower edge of the seat, almost to the floor. The cupholder fits over the 2 studs. Think there has been a couple threads on this before if you wanted to search for them.
My 93 5spd has one in it. Sits a little low and forward for me. I bought a center console that sits on the seat, has a couple cupholders and gives me somewhere to stick all my junk.
Yep

Originally Posted by Roger T. Pipe
Pretty sure they are only on XLT models, not XL.....
Roger
Nope, came on both XL and XLT

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
All the XL truck that I have seen have the cupholder on the front of the seat. My XLT has it too.
Yessir

Originally Posted by White Max
Even my rubber-floored, manual windows/locks XL has the studs on the front of the bench seat for the factory cupholder. That was one of the first things I snagged off eBay after buying the truck. As a matter of fact, there are three of them on eBay right now, as are the mounting studs, if your seat is missing them.
Here is what it looks like:

Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM
joekacker
Junior User
I have xlt lariat no cup holder.. Even worse, the guy I bought it from had a cup holder bracket on the truck, but didnt come with the actual HOLDER in the truck when I bought it. So Ive been burning my babys on hot coffee.. Damn Ford

Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 PM
White Max
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine looks a bit different than the one redlightning93 posted a pic of, but it's the same general idea.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
redlightning93
Senior User

Originally Posted by White Max
Mine looks a bit different than the one redlightning93 posted a pic of, but it's the same general idea.
Actually, the XL Cupholder is made a little different. Not as large but the same principal.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
All the XL truck that I have seen have the cupholder on the front of the seat. My XLT has it too.
my XLT has the little thin cup holder (the two cup one that is rather narrow) its saddle brown (i think) but im gonna be swapping it out for a tiny bit larger one with adjustable cup holders so I can use some of my other cups i really like to use so Ill be putting it up here soon, if you would like pics of it I could snap some tomorrow, it goes right on the trans hump so i know it would fit there just fine, it does also have the slots for the two hump things that stick out of the bench (which your truck should honestly have) but its thin so it should fit where your wanting it and you can repaint it if you want...

let me know if you would want it...i have a pic of it, not the best but should give you an idea (and I do sit with the bench moved forward so it does come close to the 4x4 lever)...

hope these help you out with getting an idea about different cup holders and honestly i rarely put drinks in my truck so i really dont needed it LOL and if i get another one i may not use it so im thinking of not getting one and saving the cash...

Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I wouldn't give ya a nickel a piece fer everyone one of those factory cupholders.....nothing personal....But in a "Personal opinion" about them...I don't like taking hard left turns and redecorating the passenger side floorboard/seat/door panel/dash....Just a huge mess...

Prolly will go all custom on one.....

Just depends on how frisky I feel....

Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ohio Ford Farm
LMAO that just made my day! Its been a hellish last two months and I needed a good laugh Thanks!

meh when I had a friend in the truck and the cup holders filled i just use the shoes I have as cup holders, work well enough anyways...even the seat belt works just fine

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
I wouldn't give ya a nickel a piece fer everyone one of those factory cupholders.....nothing personal....But in a "Personal opinion" about them...I don't like taking hard left turns and redecorating the passenger side floorboard/seat/door panel/dash....Just a huge mess...

Prolly will go all custom on one.....

Just depends on how frisky I feel....

Ill be swapping up to a different one that has adjustable holders so if the OP wants mine ill send it to them, and they can have it at the price of shipping...I wont need it and its useless to me, as I said I rarely will ever have drinks in the truck and usually if they are in the truck its because my buddy wanted me to stop and get food on the way to the house...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got this one

Well organized as one can see ... lol

Holds a D&D large ice coffee or hot. I think a Med/small coffee would fall in the hole... I have stuck rag in the bottom for smaller drinks.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
cool, i like that one, im looking for something similar, but I am looking at a smaller one that will sit where my current pos sits LOL!!! gonna run to pepboys or auto zone tomorrow and look at a few!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
cool, i like that one, im looking for something similar, but I am looking at a smaller one that will sit where my current pos sits LOL!!! gonna run to pepboys or auto zone tomorrow and look at a few!
All the ones in the auto parts stores I went to Auto zone, CAP, Napa,and the other one there cant think of its name. Were too small for my taste. Would be good for the floor though.

This one was a gift. Told it was in the 50 dollar range. Over all.. I like it
Pros:

Holds all the lose stuff that clutters the cab (slips under the seat crack)

Doubles as a arm rest.

Its loose atm (and in the pic) but didn't move at all when its strapped down.

Cons:

I did have to cut the stitched roll off the end of the strap and take the buckle off the lap belt. Its loop was too tight.

Cup holders don't pull out of the unit to wash. (but unit can pull out of truck so 50/50)

Being on the seat - If you hit a big pot hole and get a splash, its on your right thigh.... Not just the floor. I have learned to keep my hand over the cups on gavel roads for this reason or pull the cup out.

Quick Reply: Cup holder issues!