Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
Hey, Dude.
Careful on the attitude.
Your already not winning any awards with the Michigan members.

Not that you or anyone else cares.
But, you should care, as well as those above you should as well.
Just stating a fact!

If the off topic posts continue in the nomination/volunteer for chapter leader thread, then prizes will be awarded. Just shows the lack of respect for the position I would suppose.

Some of the posts have turned into personal attacks on members who have volunteered to be chapter leader. Of course, you all have read the guidelines about personal attacks in open forum haven't you?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sounds like a really fast ride Pat. Too fast and uncontrollable for me.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just recieved this PM
"
John,

In looking over your profile, it is apparent that you have not be active in the MI chapter.

Because of this, I do not believe you will be approved as a candidate for chapter leader.

I wanted to contact you in private because I wanted to give you a chance to withdraw from the cl race and save embarrassment by not being approved by FTE.

Maybe in a year or so of activity in the chapter you can volunteer when the position is open once again.

Now time to get the activity up in the MI chapter.

Perhaps you can voluteer to the new leader to be his assistant, gain experience and help the chapter grow.

George"

I think it is time for me to leave this site. I have attended numerous meet and greets and have talked on hear many times. I have restored a 1968 Ford F-100 and have 2 other Ford trucks that i work on.

I am not embarrassed I work everyday and don't sit on the computer I am in the garage working on my trucks. If we all sat on the computer talking about our projects we would never finish them.

Just would like to tell everyone that it was nice talking on here but I will no longer be on this site. I am contactable thru Facebook and email Michtrucks@yahoo.com. Been a good time but George is running things now. Tayln You are missed!!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats to bad John.. I enjoyed meeting you at Hooters, and hoped to have done it again. I hope you rethink this.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by glruff
Just stating a fact!

If the off topic posts continue in the nomination/volunteer for chapter leader thread, then prizes will be awarded. Just shows the lack of respect for the position I would suppose.

Some of the posts have turned into personal attacks on members who have volunteered to be chapter leader. Of course, you all have read the guidelines about personal attacks in open forum haven't you?
Is that why my post was deleted? I don't believe I attacked anyone, but I did state something that truly pertains to this position. If you knew Michigan, you would understand that it is very typical for the southern third of the state to decide statewide topics as if the rest of us don't exist or our opinion doesn't matter. I guess it doesn't matter here either?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Ahhh but it does and whoever the new cl will be has to deal with it.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Clarify please?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Sure, you posted,

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Whoever becomes Chapter Leader better remember that Michigan is much larger than just the southern third of the lower peninsula.
It is up to the new chapter leader to deal with this issue. That is why a MI members map was setup to see where the member base is located. Looks like most but not all have added their name to the map.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Is that why my post was deleted? I don't believe I attacked anyone, but I did state something that truly pertains to this position. If you knew Michigan, you would understand that it is very typical for the southern third of the state to decide statewide topics as if the rest of us don't exist or our opinion doesn't matter. I guess it doesn't matter here either?

I missed your post earlier, but the comment that you have here, about the lower SE having all of the decisions.. although I can see the frustration ( because I normally dont agree with what is happening in this state ) it is based on population, not because of location. If someone is willing to step up and attend, what would it matter where they were located, it should be about the persons ability to contribute, not location. Heck, the guy Ca could be a heck of a leader, if he is able get the people motivated to get together. Location should not be the factor, I hope. I am hoping this thing takes off, and we get something decent together, again, not taking away from anything, but I hope this chapter becomes pretty strong, and although I recongnize this is a big state, I just got back from Tenn for East Cost FTE/RRE event. Yes I know the sponser was RRE, but it would not have happened with out FTE. I would love to see something like that event get pulled off here.

Anyhow. back to our BS

Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
I agree with every thing you said Pat. There are a lot of things that sway the majority in one way or another. I just wanted to clarify that there are a lot of us up here, so don't forget about us and simply think of the state ending just north of Big Beaver Rd.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
chris3421
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Beaver Rd. is up north for me.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by chris3421
Big Beaver Rd. is up north for me.
Its 3 1/2 hours south for me. But I should really say 240 miles. I know it takes you guys a 1/2 hour to drive 15-20 miles.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
ohhhhhh....dont go there. I work 11 miles from my house and it takes 25mins.. thanks for the salt in the wound..

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Jeez Pat. I live 12 miles from work and it takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes to get there.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
It is fun to run around there. I do love that area. And the real nice thing, even if it takes an hour to get somewhere, it doesnt feel like it.

Quick Reply: Michigan August Chat