2011+ 6.2 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 AM
GSSF17
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 99and04F150
Got a video clip?

Why yes. Nothing under throttle, but this would give you the idea. This is my truck.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:11 AM
99and04F150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!!! I'll check it out tonight or this afternoon!

Old 05-04-2015, 04:03 PM
venturetaz
New User
I just did the same muffler delete but after a month I have noticed a decrease of 3 MPG.
Just curious did you experience something similar?

Thanks

Old 05-05-2015, 04:53 AM
Pit Crew
Senior User
Originally Posted by venturetaz
I just did the same muffler delete but after a month I have noticed a decrease of 3 MPG.

Thanks
Your probably just liking the sound too much,heavy on the skinny pedal. ... did you have to have the pipe made?

Old 05-05-2015, 05:59 AM
venturetaz
New User
Love the sound and maybe in the beginning did have a heaver foot but in the recent week started checking the mileage on the lie-o-meter and noticed a drop.
Yes had the pipe custom made at my local muffler shop.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:53 PM
GSSF17
Senior User
Originally Posted by venturetaz

Thanks

I did it with only a couple hundred miles on the truck, but the lie-o-meter stayed the same until I reset it. I did not notice a huge drop, but did like the sound from putting my foot in it. I saw a slight drop due to that, but not a huge decrease like -3mpg....

Old 05-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Brian Ensor
New User
6.2 Regular cab

I was noticing that one fellow posted that a regular cab truck did not have the first resonator. Does anyone have a picture of the y-pipe for a regular cab truck? I want to put a nice sounding muffler on my truck but don't want to butcher the original stuff in case there is something about it I don't like. If the regular cab has a true y-pipe I could buy one of the factory y-pipes and weld to it and if I didn't like it I could always bolt the factory resonator back on.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:37 PM
machinehead
New User
This is very frustating topic. I wanted a louder exhaust note, to enjoy on my 2013 F250....

I have read all the above posts. Since I didnt want to loose my low end torque for pulling, I wasnt interested in a "cat back" system. Didn't want to change pipe size or resonators.

Thought the muffler delete was an option, didnt want the lose gas mileage.

Decided to check my local muffler shops on trying a different muffler....

First one could tell me anything cause their exhaust guy was gone. Wouldn't give an estimate.

Second one, had to do a exhaust system check for an estimate. I said no, its practically a new truck, why cant I get an estimate for a muffler change? I was looking to make it louder. He finally found a flowmaster muffler, then tells me $440 parts and labor. Acutally labor was only $75 of that quote. That sounded outrageuos to me.

Third one told me right out the gate, that it would void the factory warranty. He went on to tell me, that any change in muffler for sound, would change backpressure. Loss of backpressure would burn up the exhaust valves. It would also change the heat in the exhaust, screwing up the o2 sensors and air/fuel ratio.

Thoroughly disgusted, I did check under the hood. There is a sticker that says if any non-Ford part causes a Ford part to malfunction it will void the warranty.

Anyways guess im stuck with the stock exhaust.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
TrailWhale
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the MBRP exhaust. I put one on my truck back in January, and am very happy with the sound and performance of it. Have not seen any drop in MPG, and have had it to the dealer for a couple other non related items and the shop hasn't said anything about voiding the warranty. Look up Magnuson-Moss Act, it'll explain the way an aftermarket parts relate to factory warranties.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:07 PM
machinehead
New User
Originally Posted by TrailWhale
Look at the MBRP exhaust. I put one on my truck back in January, and am very happy with the sound and performance of it. Have not seen any drop in MPG, and have had it to the dealer for a couple other non related items and the shop hasn't said anything about voiding the warranty. Look up Magnuson-Moss Act, it'll explain the way an aftermarket parts relate to factory warranties.
Trailwhale, I am familiar with the Magnuson-Moss Act. Look at the sticker under the hood, It basically states that Ford does not care about it. They will void warranty if a non ford part causes a failure. The diesel guys have complained on how strict ford is, and have been voiding warranties, I didn't know it was the same for 6.2. The dealer won't say anything until there is a warranty claim and ford corporate says no...

Thanks I looked at the MBRP system, but it's way more money than wanted to spend.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:08 PM
GSSF17
Senior User
Originally Posted by machinehead

Third one told me right out the gate, that it would void the factory warranty. He went on to tell me, that any change in muffler for sound, would change backpressure. Loss of backpressure would burn up the exhaust valves. It would also change the heat in the exhaust, screwing up the o2 sensors and air/fuel ratio.

Not to split hairs here, but this part was full of half-truths. Will deleting the muffler change the backpressure? Yes. But very, very little. Keep the same pipe diameter and don't hack the resonators off and you will be fine. The change in backpressure is not nearly enough to burn up exhaust valves. Will the exhaust temperature change? Yes, but very negligibly, and if you recall, the computer in this vehicle (as in all vehicles today) makes adjustments and constantly accounts for changes in fuel, air, temperature, and other variables.

This is a sophisticated system and we are not talking about running a carbureted air cooled engine with open headers. Now doing that would burn exhaust valves. I did it on plenty of Volkswagens. This modern motor is a different beast.

My dealer said that as long as you don't mess with anything between the intake manifold and the catalytic converter, you're fine. There are several of us here that have tuned trucks with exhaust, intake, and other mods that have returned the truck to the stock tune and taken it to the dealer with no questions.

YMMV

Good luck

Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Long Haul
Elder User
I ended up going with Corsa it should be here mid week..

CORSA

Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 PM
rayw72
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Long Haul
I ended up going with Corsa it should be here mid week..

CORSA
Good deal. Let us know how you like it!

Old 05-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
Originally Posted by rayw72
Good deal. Let us know how you like it!
will do..

I'll try to get vid up also...

Old 05-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Bluestreak04
New User
Do you have any video clips of your exhaust? This is the part number that I want to install on my truck. I like that it is a muffler and an x pipe combined.

Originally Posted by GG386
Here's what I ended up doing with mine. No cel's, no drone under load, best tank MPG was 14.2 (per computer), work done about 6 months ago. No regrets, evil sound and less expensive than any kit out there.

3" SS bends from downpipe(s) to muffler

Mate to factory connections

Factory connections

Abandoned resonator

Muffler inlet side

Muffler outlet side

Notice the factory hangar points were retained on the new system, (rock solid), with a slight gain on ground clearance. Magna Flow X type, 22" muffler used, 3" in/out, SS.

Very slight increase in exhaust note @ idle, WOT is pure music, typical of the MagnaFlow design.

Quick Reply: 2011+ 6.2 Exhaust