Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Senior User

PJ-Hunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
How do I remove the HPOP on my 7.3?

I have the hoses off. The fuel bowl off. The bolts (3, I think) out. The HPOP is still in tight and I'm afraid of damaging it.

What do I do to get this thing out so I can fix it?
Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Riffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant future
/pages/Riffraff-Diesel/103160771064 riffraffdiesel
Did you remove the reservoir and the bolt that hold the gear to the HPOP?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
If you want some instructions on how to take it out, click this link (Terminator Engineering), go to the Tech link at the top, and there's picture instructions that will show you step by step how to get the HPOP out.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Senior User

PJ-Hunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got it out. Cleaned, installed new longer plug and torqued properly. Put it back in and I got tired. Plus I need to find my big torque wrench to sinch down the gear bolt. I read in another thread that you have to fill the HPOP with fresh oil. How or where do I do that?
Old 08-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
There's a plug on the top right-hand side of the reservoir lid. Unbolt that to fill with oil. Only need to put in at most a quart, most likely 3/4 a quart. If you add more than that, it will just keep draining into the oil pan.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
New User

stanhruza is starting off with a positive reputation.
gear bolt

im try tring to put my hpop back after fixing it ... i took off my resivor do i need to fill it back up? how many in /lb do i torque down the gear bolt
Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Riffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant futureRiffraff Performance has a brilliant future
/pages/Riffraff-Diesel/103160771064 riffraffdiesel
Yes, put back in about a half quart and the torque for the HPOP gear bolt is 95 ft/lb.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
New User

greenbeast7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jay Williams cwilli78
Does it have to be timed
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
It doesn't have to be timed
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Postmaster

woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
Lets make it easy!!!!!

Riffraff Diesel HPOP R&R Instructions

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Website, HD4R100 , T-500, Melling LPOP, Gen-2 FRx, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Riffraff OCR, , Braided Brake Lines, CAC Boots & Billet Plenums, Aeroforce Scangauge, 4" Diamond Eye, Powerslots, Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, AE, KCM S.S. HPX, S&B Filters intake, Quad pod w/ISSPRO EV2's, Big Head , 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Senior User

microdevil45 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
I love when they have pictures... reading instructions just sucks!!!

Member: Florida Chapter.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Posting Guru

Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Manly Men don't need no stinkin instructions!!

Smokie

BigRed 2
Face lifted
2001 F350 Dually PSD 4x4
Banks Equipped
DP Tuned
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokiesman View Post
Manly Men don't need no stinkin instructions!!

Smokie
The first thing I do is through the instructions in the trash
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Posting Guru

Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.Smokiesman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpride View Post
The first thing I do is through the instructions in the trash
I do that to till I get stuck ! then I got to rummage through the trash!!

Smokie

BigRed 2
Face lifted
2001 F350 Dually PSD 4x4
Banks Equipped
DP Tuned
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
stinson 108-1

stinson 108-1 has a very good reputation on FTE.stinson 108-1 has a very good reputation on FTE.stinson 108-1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Not me, I read them till I see them in my sleep. Maybe thats why I don't sleep. I should quite doing stuff. Nah.
99, 7.3, F350 4x4 CC/DRW, Lariat, ordered new, 96,xxx mi. block#961693, JW. trans, DP F-5 live tuned, 8 Performax guages, 650 dash, 6.0 T cooler, AIS, 38R with RR billet wheel, big head, IH bellows, turbo back ss exh, trans & coolant filters, FS 2500 oil bypass filter, RR P-inserts,boots, frx, hpx, Hutch mod., Transferflo 60. gal tank, Air-Lift, Evans coolant.
JIM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 73, 73l, delete, detailed, fill, ford, hpop, location, needed, powerstroke, removal, remove, removing, tools