Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

Thought I would Offer

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thought I would Offer

In both chapters that I belong to(TX and TN), I have done heat transfers on shirts(light garments only, don't have the equipment at this time to do darks) and on mousepads with the chapter logo and I thought I would extend that to other chapters as well.

I don't know if y'all already have a logo that y'all would like to use or if you wanted me try to convert it to Illustrator if it's just a high res JPG, but I could put that on the shirt(s) and/or mousepad(s) if anyone would be interested in this. My supplier has added koozies and coasters as well, although I didn't know about those additions until after my orders for the TX and TN chaper.

Here are a couple of pics of what they looked like:

If y'all have any questions about this or are interested in this please let me know. Now if y'all want other things on shirts or any of the other items I have mentioned(I can do some vinyle as well, I do have a vinyl cutter) don't hesitate to ask about that either. I do have a gallery setup of my other Ai files that I've created or have access to linked in my siggy.

Thanks,

Evan

Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested in a couple of shirts if we have a La logo. I would buy a decal of the chapter logo for my trucks too. Hows things going for you Tex. Is the Spartan tuner still working good?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by lariat97
I would be interested in a couple of shirts if we have a La logo.
I was wondering if y'all did have a logo already or not. The TN group already had one, I created the one for the TX chapter. I know that there is one for the SoCal group based on Steve's avatar.

If there isn't a La logo I could try to create one for the group if there would be an interest in that as well. It would take some time, but I probably could do that as well.

I would buy a decal of the chapter logo for my trucks too.
Right now I'm looking at this decent 5 yr self adhesive vinyl that has pretty good reviews on it. I would just have to make sure that it's could to use with my large format printer and it's pigment inks. If not, I could always try to print it with the desktop printer if worse comes to worse. I use the large format for posters and paper banners etc. I used the black gloss version of this same vinyl for a set of custom stickers for one of the users on here to put on his wife's diff cover. Those turned out pretty good I though off the cutter. Hopefully, I'll get some pics of it "installed" on the diff cover and see how it looks in the end result.

Hows things going for you Tex. Is the Spartan tuner still working good?

Things are going pretty good. I've gotten addicted to using Illustrator which led me to doing this stuff and it seems to be going beyond that of a hobby, might have to try to do more stuff as well later on.

The Spartan tuner is holding up really well. No hiccups from either the tunes or from the device itself. If only thing that is coming out that would be competition for the dashdaq capabilities is the Edge CTS, the only thing holding back that Edge product is that it won't do custom tunes. That's going to be a big stumbling block for Edge to get the hardcore performance guys unless they start offering an outlet to get custom tunes like Gryphon has with the Edge Evolution.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Images of both of the approved La. logos are in this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...e-la-logo.html

How ya doin' Howard? Long time no see.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve is correct as always. That is the logo's we came up with a few years ago. If you need the images I can email them to you.

I for one am interested. Back when we came up with these we couldn't get enough people to order stickers and to make shirts. I didn't have enough funds to do the stickers myself.

I have always been interested in shirts. Let us know the cost.

Johnny is this ok?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:14 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
I for one am interested. Back when we came up with these we couldn't get enough people to order stickers and to make shirts. I didn't have enough funds to do the stickers myself.
First off, just wanted to let you know that you have a PM.

Well I can tell you with about an order or 30 shirts, it was $16 per shirt. For mousepads they went for $7.

As to the stickers, I'm trying to find out if the white vinyl that has a 5 yr outdoor rating can either take regular inkjet printing or pigment ink printing. I can do either one, but I would just have to make sure about that.

Price would be mainly determined by size of the stickers. I do have the cutter already for that, I would just need to make sure about the printer.

Drink coasters would be $12 for a set of four and I'm pretty well sure that price is going to stick, because that's if I order 250 of those boogers.

Koozies and jigsaw puzzles, I would have to see the bulk rate schedule for those if there is any interest in those.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Hey Steve. Hows things for you? I haven't been posting much lately. I need to get on the members only more. I've been working a lot & most of my work has been out of town.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Hey folks, I really think the Louisiana Chapter needs an official logo with some outstanding colors and to incorporate some state icons like maybe something spicey(peppers) maybe seafood (crawfish,) & maybe something realted to the (gulf) we have such a diverse culture and it would be nice to get a little of it all in there, that's just my 2cents worth, plus. I think our chapter would grow if we had a logo (stickers, shirts, etc) that we could be proud to display on our trucks!! Please everyone throw in some Ideas

Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIAST

LA Chapter
wwwFordTrucks.Com

Old 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Hey Mike that looks pretty good, I would love to get some stickers and shirts made , we just have to get enough folks willing to spend a little money to get it started, I think Robert & I are going to try to meet up in Natchez when he gets home from work this time, maybe if it works out you might want to go also!!
Originally Posted by fordpride
FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIAST

LA Chapter
wwwFordTrucks.Com

Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
If i can iwould like too