Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
SoCal Chapter T-Shirts and Other Stuff

In both chapters that I belong to(TX and TN), I have done heat transfers on shirts(light garments only, don't have the equipment at this time to do darks) and on mousepads with the chapter logo and I thought I would extend that to other chapters as well.

I know from SteveBricks avatar that y'all already have a chapter logo(it looks like it's either an Illustrator one or a Coral Draw format based on how the jpg in his avatar looks), I could put that on the shirt(s) and/or mousepad(s) if anyone would be interested in this. My supplier has added koozies and coasters as well, although I didn't know about those additions until after my orders for the TX and TN chaper.

Here are a couple of pics of what they looked like:

Click the image to open in full size.

If y'all have any questions about this or are interested in this please let me know. Now if y'all want other things on shirts or any of the other items I have mentioned(I can do some vinyle as well, I do have a vinyl cutter) don't hesitate to ask about that either. I do have a gallery setup of my other Ai files that I've greated or have access to linked in my siggy.

Thanks,

Evan
Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
That's very nice of you to make that offer Evan...we actually have a couple of approved chapter logos.

This one is an AI file:

Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Post Fiend

tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
Steve, what I could do, since the bottom Ai file doesn't have have an element that will go easily on it's own for the front left breast area, I could use the top logo for the little logo in the front and have the Ai file on the back of the shirt. I should easily be able to replicate the first one to an Ai file, so I could do either one of those on mousepads and/or other items as well.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Sounds good Evan.

We'll use this thread to determine interest and I'll put up a sticky with the info in a week or so.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Steve and Evan, I've been looking back at the old threads. I'm the one that changed the SoCal/Hawaii version to the version you see above. And I know that I never had a vector version of any of these, only the flat jpeg version.

So I can't really do anything to improve what you already have, except to enlarge it or change the format, and I know Evan can do all of that too.

In short, I think the above is the best version we have.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Steve and Evan, I've been looking back at the old threads. I'm the one that changed the SoCal/Hawaii version to the version you see above. And I know that I never had a vector version of any of these, only the flat jpeg version.

So I can't really do anything to improve what you already have, except to enlarge it or change the format, and I know Evan can do all of that too.

In short, I think the above is the best version we have.
Alright, I'll take the jpg that's in this thread and take a look at it later on. I'm fixing to head back out to the barn and work some horses. I've already got a vector version of the first logo that I think Steve liked, so that one seems to be good.

I'll just see what all I can do to get the second logo to a vector format and then we should be good to go.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Post Fiend

Just to give y'all an idea of what it would look like. I have one mousepad done for a demo. I'll try to have a shirt done over the weekend.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Post Fiend

Here is a couple of pics of how I would be doing the shirt. Let me know what y'all think.

Back:

Front:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
I think we might get some trademark infraction problems with the "Harley shield" one.

Though I personally kinda' like it, I think that shield design is defensible in court by HD.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
I think we might get some trademark infraction problems with the "Harley shield" one.

Though I personally kinda' like it, I think that shield design is defensible in court by HD.

Pop
I was just running with the two designs that y'all had. I could come up with a different shield design. It would look like a tradition shield with a rectangle going thru the center of it and keep the txt the same as it is in this one.

There are a couple of things that would keep HD going on the attack I would think and that would be what is actually lost by those shirts. It's not targeted to bikers(or whatever the term is now) and how much of their sales is actually hurt and are those hurt sales large enough to seek "damages" versus what it would cost them to recoup those loses. Their design isn't just the shield, but it's the color scheme and the shield with txt design. It's not something like the Nike symbol.

It's debatable that's for sure. I could try to come up with another shield design if y'all would want?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

I like it Evan...you can count on me for a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
The shield design was reviewed and approved for our use by FTE staff.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
I don't think we will have a problem with HD because we are not selling them for profit. Technically Evan might be, but he is just making them at our request.

So, what's the next step? What are we gonna do with this?

I don't think we should do mousepads. Not too many people use them anymore with all the laser mice. They are not necessary. I would be much more interested in coffee cups.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
The shield design was reviewed and approved for our use by FTE staff.
If I ever knew that, I musta' forgot it somewhere....

Just trying to avoid potential trouble for us.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post

I don't think we should do mousepads. Not too many people use them anymore with all the laser mice.
You would be surprised about that. I still use them even having a laser mouse and I had a bunch of orders for them in the TX chapter. Not so much in the TN chapter, but I had quite a few in the TX chapter.

However, I can customize the order. Let's say you have a couple of people that want them and the rest don't. I can still do it for those couple of people.

Here is what I can do:

Shirts
Mousepads
Coasters(3.5 inches round; 4 per order)
Koozies
Puzzles(30 and 110 piece puzzles)
Totes
Stickers
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Senior User

Sparx Macgyver is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use them. I have the IR laser mice, and I still use them. Just a preferance I guess. But I'd also like to see what else would be available.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
73, bluk, cal, diesel, f150, ford, hats, line, pool, shirt, shirts, socal, tee, truck, tshirts, turbo