Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Senior User

TIKT B8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Expedition got broken into!!!

We were on vacation and I was at a golf course. I finished my round and came out to my car to find that someone had stuck a screwdriver in the keyhole and pried the handle assembly away from the door. Luckily I do not keep anything in the car so they did not get anything. They had just messed with my parking permit for the condo at which we staying. Well of course they went and broke into several more cars in the condo parking lot that night. (including another friends expedition).

I took it to the body shop and it is $2200 in damage. They bent the door skin when they pried it, broke the lock assembly, handle assembly, scratched the keyless entry moulding and cut the weatherstripping.

Now my wife wants an alarm to somewhat deter people from picking our car. I know if they want it bad enough they will get it, but hopefully this will scare off most amateur thieves. I am going to go with the OEM Ford Gold package to keep only one key fob and add remote start while I am at it. I can get the alarm for $250 and can get it installed for $150.

Damn Thieves!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
sucks man

too bad the theif wasn't a competant one.

it's a relatively inexpensive repair. you might want to look at getting the lockout plates...or replace the drivers side with a rear drivers one to eliminate the keyhole

Last edited by Carlene; 08-13-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: No sense advertising "how to easily break in"
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Senior User

welfarewagon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
sucks man

too bad the theif wasn't a competant one.
it's a relatively inexpensive repair. you might want to look at getting the lockout plates...or replace the drivers side with a rear drivers one to eliminate the keyhole
Sounds like your a smart thief, I'll stay away from you.

An aftermarket alarm might work just as well for you. I looked into getting a Ford remote start/alarm and the service writer told me they don't install them and they never had before, that didnt sit well with me, an incompetent dealer so I had the local car stereo shop put one on for me, they do it all day everyday and I never had any problems.

Last edited by Carlene; 08-13-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Get one with a bright LED. Insane that a moron punk would try to steal a parking permit.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Senior User

CarbonClear is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stay away from a factory alarm. They are useless. You are better off with a quality after market alarm.
If you do go after market make sure you talk to the installer to install a back up battery. In case the thieves short circuit the main battery or manage to cut wires.

One other notable you can do as well. I also have an in car camera that records an event if the alarm is triggered. I had this on my last car and worked like a charm. I caught the person breaking into my car with video footage. The video footage was then given to the police and three days later the person was caught. Apparently this guy was stealing property from a few cars in the neighborhood.

Either way good luck!
2004 Honda Crv
2003 Ford F350 XLT, 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (Sold)
2001 Porsche Carrera Cab
Old 08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior User

TIKT B8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welfare- Luckily my dealer outsources the installs to a stereo shop that I have used many times. I am going to go directly through the shop to avoid the markup from the dealership.

Carbon- I am going to add a window breakage sensor and a perimeter shock sensor to the alarm if they are compatible (I am trying to figure out if they are). If this system will not work with these then I may go aftermarket.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
New User

truckboy23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry thats crazy

wow sorry to hear that you think thats bad i got my truck broke into they stole the bass speaker thats in the side panel ,cd out of the cd changer ,the bug shield off the front ...and that was when it was towed into the shop....if that was not bad enuff thet took the open butten out of the remote...lol i was pissed....
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
I personally like the Ford system since typically OEM integrates better. But...you can't get the same cool features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfarewagon View Post
Sounds like your a smart thief, I'll stay away from you.
eh...I've been here on the boards too long. Way too many people over the last 7 years have had this happen.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2000, break, broke, broken, due, expedition, fix, ford, into, keyhole, lincoln, lincon, lock, navigator, truck, trucks