Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Posting Guru

93 mix 'n match is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.93 mix 'n match is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
how does the raptor handle onroad?

just wondering how the raptor handles onroad? can it corner good(for a pickup)?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Senior User

phydough is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 6.2 handles like a doll. Takes the twisty roads better than my '02 F250 2wd. Freeway driving does require staying on top of things, as it wanders a bit. Soaks up potholes and frost heaves easily. Great brakes for having 35" tires.
On dirt it where the Raptor really shines, it's like driving a big rally car.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Posting Guru

93 mix 'n match is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.93 mix 'n match is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hmmm....then i guess people over 40 dont know how to drive them? haha im dying to drive a raptor. man, the things id do with that truck.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Elder User

ArtsBest is starting off with a positive reputation.
Phydough...Is it just me or what but those 35"'s you referred to shouldn't they be about 2" inches higher/taller? The Raptor looks great with its husky appearance and all but the truck looks "lonely" with those empty wheel wells??? A TALLER tire/rim setup would look much better IMHO. What size can one go to "fill-in" that wheel well? Any opinion?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Freshman User

357windsor is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd love to have one. Wonder how much it can tow?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Senior User

phydough is starting off with a positive reputation.
ArtsBest, I don't think 37's will fit, I have less than 3/4" between the tire and the rear of the fender while turning on flat ground. The tires nicely fill the wheel wells upon landing.
357windsor, Tow rating is 6000 pounds. I haven't towed with it yet so no towing reports.
93 mix 'n match, Are you calling me old? I'm over 40 by a bit and do know the proper way to drive a Raptor, hard. Just kidding you, I am old and still act like a child.

Go get a Raptor and have a blast.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior User

Fox Fader is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match View Post
just wondering how the raptor handles onroad? can it corner good(for a pickup)?
Way better than it looks like it can. I like it 'on road'.
Swag #1 - '03 F-150 Regular Cab STX 4.6 2wd
Swag #2 - '13 Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost
Swag #3 - '06 Fusion SEL V6
Swag #4 - '01 Aprilia Futura in Silver, Acumen DGV
Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior User

transferred is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsBest View Post
Phydough...Is it just me or what but those 35"'s you referred to shouldn't they be about 2" inches higher/taller? The Raptor looks great with its husky appearance and all but the truck looks "lonely" with those empty wheel wells??? A TALLER tire/rim setup would look much better IMHO. What size can one go to "fill-in" that wheel well? Any opinion?
It's you. Going bigger than 35s would negatively affect off road stability and the room above is needed so the current wheel set up can not just articulate down but also crunch up into the wheel well. 37s would leave a hole in your hood.

Styling-wise and ability wise, Ford did a great job. With the 6.2 and possible inclusion of Terrain response, the EC Raptors are really tempting as a kickass weekend toy. Good job FOMCO
08 F450 Lariat CC, 4x4, 4.30s, Navi, Line-X, Bilsteins, 24k Reese 5th Wheel and Reese 30k ProSeries Gooseneck, pulls Big Tex 3XGN tandem gooseneck flatbed. (Ranch Hand front and rear fenders and headache rack). 87k and counting on my jobIII
*Looking to get back to a SRW 1-ton soon as I don't have to tow the backhoe much longer*
Previously owned two 1-ton 6.0s (one stolen), a 1-ton Dmax and a 1-ton Ram...all were great hard working trucks.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor

Tags
dos, f150, ford, good, handle, handles, highway, liner, onroad, potholes, raptor, road, street, wells, wheel, work