Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Gidg
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BLINGed Out Ex

Only the female Ex owners will appreciate this.

Attached Images    
Old 07-20-2016, 03:56 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gidg
Not true, skip has a little somethin somethin going on

Old 07-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gidg
Yeah, I got this one (tried to be as low key as possible bling) but my DH was not so thrilled...

Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2016, 04:55 PM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse
Really agree. At minimum learn to float. Do you or will you have kids? You will want to be in water with them. Please make sure your kids (or future kids) take swim lessons early on. Stop the cycle Man!
Ahnuld accent... 'You can DO IT '

Old 07-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Matt M, PA
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by az_r2d1
100 month prorated ? what's the full replacement time?
Out in AZ it's a 2 or 3 year ritual. They just don't like the heat.
Seen it all; start fine in the morning, completely dead at 4pm. One even blew the caps off of the battery when starting.
3 year free replacement...100 month prorated. Ford Max...

Old 07-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
I've done pretty well in the last 27 years not having it happen, so the chances are slim.

I've tried and tried many times, it never works
how you liking it down there where it gets dark at night?

Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Mikpsdad
Senior User

Outsides cleaned up. Need a new brush. Insides need more work.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:26 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by copsey
Can anyone give me a hand with some Photoshop work? I'm trying to decide what to do with these Harley wheels. I'm thinking I want to paint them satin black and leave the recessed flutes chrome/polished to go along with the center caps and lugs. If anyone can help me I'd be very appreciative!!!
Here you go as we discussed.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:29 PM
copsey
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you David! I think I'm going to do one in Plastidip and see how it looks. Really like the look from these!

Old 07-20-2016, 10:52 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by az_r2d1
did you try take a class ? You're not the only adult who can't swim. Won't take much to learn.

A human body with lungs filled with air will float all by itself. Add minor swimming to it and you float all the time.
No, never did but I did spend a lot of time in the pool with family members who tried over and over to teach me with no success. I could potentially keep myself alive but would rather not put myself in that situation. In Alaska you have a much higher chance of dying from the cold water even if you have a PFD. I always make sure I have a life vest on me if i'm going anywhere near water.

Country Mouse, When I do have kids I fully plan to put them through swim classes. There is a almost 2 year old I met down here in MI who can swim circles around me and that's embarrassing. I almost drowned last summer on this same vacation in a small community pool in Genoa, IL when I went down the water slide that these 4 year old girls had been going down. Well it dumped you into a 9' pool and I had to be saved by the lifeguard...that was no fun

Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
No, never did but I did spend a lot of time in the pool with family members who tried over and over to teach me with no success. I could potentially keep myself alive but would rather not put myself in that situation. In Alaska you have a much higher chance of dying from the cold water even if you have a PFD. I always make sure I have a life vest on me if i'm going anywhere near water.

Country Mouse, When I do have kids I fully plan to put them through swim classes. There is a almost 2 year old I met down here in MI who can swim circles around me and that's embarrassing. I almost drowned last summer on this same vacation in a small community pool in Genoa, IL when I went down the water slide that these 4 year old girls had been going down. Well it dumped you into a 9' pool and I had to be saved by the lifeguard...that was no fun
There's a reason if any to learn how to swim.

Never mind the family trying to teach you, get taught by a professional and it shouldn't be a lengthy process.

When I was about 4/5 years old I was well on my way to the bottom of the pool while my mother was enjoying her day with friends relatively close beside me. I can still vividly remember looking up at the top of the water and I was getting further away from it.

Luckily for me some guy happened to notice and pulled me out of the water, dropped me on the pool deck and kept walking.

Once I was on the pool deck throwing up water mom sprung to action and ran over. First thing she did was (tried to) give me a sprite to drink. WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!

Anyway, shortly thereafter she decided to take me to swimming lessons.

There's a big difference in being a competitive swimmer and not drowning. The latter being much easier to achieve.

Just because you are wearing a Personal Flotation Device doesn't mean you won't drown.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The Mrs. got word there was an unwanted tree up for grabs at her Uncle's neighbor. She's got a little bit of a gardening problem so as usual her project turns into my headache.

Turned out to be a 10+ foot Japanese Maple, so I borrowed a trailer and off we go.

It's not the best time to be moving a tree but either she tries to rescue it or it was getting ripped out via chain and pickup.

The next day we went into one of the bigger towns around here to do some food shopping. There happened to be a garden center and she was going to ask about any tricks to try to make her new leafy friend happy.

Next thing you know there's more garden related crap in my truck

Old 07-21-2016, 10:58 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts

Definitely go with someone who knows how to teach swimming. I blame the teachers, not the student. You don't need to know how to swim the English channel, but just some basic skills could save your life or someone you are with.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sessland
There's a reason if any to learn how to swim.

Never mind the family trying to teach you, get taught by a professional and it shouldn't be a lengthy process.

When I was about 4/5 years old I was well on my way to the bottom of the pool while my mother was enjoying her day with friends relatively close beside me. I can still vividly remember looking up at the top of the water and I was getting further away from it.

Luckily for me some guy happened to notice and pulled me out of the water, dropped me on the pool deck and kept walking.

Once I was on the pool deck throwing up water mom sprung to action and ran over. First thing she did was (tried to) give me a sprite to drink. WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!

Anyway, shortly thereafter she decided to take me to swimming lessons.

There's a big difference in being a competitive swimmer and not drowning. The latter being much easier to achieve.

Just because you are wearing a Personal Flotation Device doesn't mean you won't drown.
I bet they can teach him to float and swim in a couple lessons.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:11 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sessland
The Mrs. got word there was an unwanted tree up for grabs at her Uncle's neighbor. She's got a little bit of a gardening problem so as usual her project turns into my headache.

Turned out to be a 10+ foot Japanese Maple, so I borrowed a trailer and off we go.

It's not the best time to be moving a tree but either she tries to rescue it or it was getting ripped out via chain and pickup.

The next day we went into one of the bigger towns around here to do some food shopping. There happened to be a garden center and she was going to ask about any tricks to try to make her new leafy friend happy.

Next thing you know there's more garden related crap in my truck

wait.... is that.... RUST ?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?