Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tried changing headlight bulbs today, BOTH of the housings cracked and crumbled around the socket area when i tried to take the bulbs out. Just got on FleaBay and ordered new 2005 units.

Truck should look a lot better when done.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:32 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
That's good, my concern was snow or mud.
I know what your sayin here... My Dad ripped the mud flap and inner wheel well out of the back of his dually from backing up In the deep snow.

I need some bigger mud flaps to cover my front tires better....

Old 01-16-2016, 10:00 PM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Somehow, the garage has instantly become not big enough!
Nice trailer! But now I have some serious garage envy.....😯😯😯😎

All I did on the Ex this week was stop by the dealer again for my weekly visit. Still there. Down to one broken stud to drill out and in broken drill bit to some how get out of the head in another stud hole....

We'll see if it makes it to seven months in the shop.... The good news is that it has been inside that long!

Garry in Kodiak, AK

Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I washed the Ex and the Edge today. I also washed all the "new" Navigator consoles that I am starting to work on to put into the Ex. That will be a slow burn project that I will keep updated in the "Custom Center Console" thread.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:29 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I fired the Ex up and ran a bunch of errands. I need to pull it in the garage to let it thaw out and take it down and wash it. I've got some new amber LEDs for the mirrors coming in the mail.

Name:  20160116_153551_zpsevw9d3ai.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  4.63 MB

Old 01-17-2016, 08:02 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Alaskin's brick nose twin in the salt climate.

.Name:  25hHPzK.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  513.0 KB

Old 01-17-2016, 10:07 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,098 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse
Congratulations!! You'll have to join the Jayco Forums now. We have a Jayco trailer too that we bought over the summer.

P.s. I'm jealous of your awesome garage...
I've done a little lurking and reading over there, but hadn't signed up yet. I'm also on the open roads RV forum. A lot can be learned from doing some reading.

Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Eric, that garage is amazing!!!

I see your taking every opportunity to rub it in our faces!
That's a big complement coming from you Michael, thanks! I hope you can stop by for a visit someday if you get up to the north coast. That goes for anybody on here, all are welcome to visit!

Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Awesome Eric! It does look good, I hope you are as happy with your Eagle as we are with ours. They will look good in neighboring campsites!
Tom put a stop to any final wavering I was having in buying it when I asked him how he liked his. First words in reply were BUY IT! I have no doubt they will be camping neighbors in the future.

Originally Posted by mecdac
Your poor little Mallard will have to go now.

Congrats.
Ah the poor Mallard indeed. It's been a good trailer for us, kind of a rescue animal. Got it cheap because it has a salvage title from having a branch fall on it and a damaged roof. (No water or structural damage thankfully) Fixed the roof and a bunch of little things, along with lot's of mods. (A couple mods I will scavenge for the new trailer) Took it to Yellowstone a few years ago and Maine last fall aside from a lot of local trips. My biggest complaint is Fleetwood used the absolute cheapest siding on those campers and it looks like crapola. Spend hours cleaning and waxing and it still looks the same. Time for it to move on to a new home in the spring. It's suddenly looking a lot like the 4 post lift it will become when it goes.

Originally Posted by garryk6
Nice trailer! But now I have some serious garage envy.....😯😯😯😎

Garry in Kodiak, AK
The wife and I (and a few GOOD friends on occasion) have put a ton of effort, plenty of blood, and gallons of sweat into it this past year. A lot of time reading over at the garage journal forum. (If you want to see some serious construction, check out the garage gallery there.) Some true palace's people have built! Aside from a 2 week camping trip last fall, there aren't many days I haven't been out there doing at least some small thing working on the garage since Memorial day when the concrete work was finished. Slow and steady it went from a patch of woods and a concept in my head last March to where I am now. The only thing I contracted to have done was the site prep and concrete, plus the gutters. It's getting close enough that I can finally see a mirage of the finish line! (OK, it will never be DONE done.) Working on the last bit of electrical now and will be doing the wall insulation and interior walls in the next couple weeks. I'm proud of what we created and hope to enjoy it for a while. Don't know exactly what I am going to DO in there, but I'll figure it out. (Wish I had Snowseekers mad skills!) Being retired is a pretty good gig all in all!

I'll post up some pics for a proper tour over in the non auto area sooner or later.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:21 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you Eric, very kind invite!

Old 01-17-2016, 11:58 PM
HiZ
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Yesterday, watching game and cleaning out the doors

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2016, 12:40 AM
HiZ
More Turbo
Too cold today to put them back on, finally fixed the door pocket and actuators when I sell bertha. So not the new EX pic but packed up and headed over to look at the land we are buying in the wife's EXpedition

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2016, 12:52 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Spent the day with a powerball and some wheel polish and wax, I have neglected the wheels over the past few weeks. Since with my driving the Excursion turns the front brake pads directly into dust with a little stopping as well, it took a hot second to get 'em shiny again.

Ignore the curb rub on the tire. I had some idiots go full Houston on me Saturday evening on the freeway shoulder. Instead of dealing with them, I just merged into the freeway via the curbed 10' wide median, then the shoulder, then the slow lane. Surprisingly smooth transitions at 70mph...

Old 01-18-2016, 07:30 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
I've been casually shopping online for a few specific trailers for the last few years, waiting for the right time to buy. Wasn't planning to buy quite yet, but sometimes you have to answer the call when opportunity knocks. Found our #1 choice on CL last week. 2013 Jayco Eagle 316 RKDS. Rear kitchen, front bedroom. The guy had bought it new and was always stored indoors, lightly used. He claimed like new. mint mint mint! Went to see it 3 hours away and it is indistinguishable from new. It was obvious from being inside his building this guy took care of all his stuff. I couldn't pass it up.

Somehow, the garage has instantly become not big enough!

The Bible says to never covet thy neighbor's stuff, but you sure do make it hard not too.....

If I had a garage like that, I could EASILY store all my tools, store the vehicles I work on, and get WAY more done. If I end up with a piece of property, I'm building a garage just like yours. Except I'll have a two or four post lift in mine

Old 01-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
If I had a garage like that, I could EASILY store all my tools, store the vehicles I work on, and get WAY more done. If I end up with a piece of property, I'm building a garage just like yours. Except I'll have a two or four post lift in mine
You also need to get the rolling tool chests, because having to keep walking across the garage to get the hammer, pipe wrench, gloves, etc. takes forever in a large garage. and at 8800 feet elevation it's a workout on it's own

Old 01-18-2016, 07:52 AM
HiZ
More Turbo
that's 88 Square?
Now my EX is jealous like me!

Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HiZ
Too cold today to put them back on, finally fixed the door pocket and actuators when I sell bertha. So not the new EX pic but packed up and headed over to look at the land we are buying in the wife's EXpedition

Exciting stuff! Plan to build on the land? I see some oaks poking threw, looks like a nice lot! Whats the specifics?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?