What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 AM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TXtinct
I saw a picture of mine today...
I hope the current owner knows that! I'm from San Antonio also...welcome to the EX portion of the forums.

Getting all loaded up to go hunting next week. Opening day is Saturday, but the weekend is OT, and I ain't giving that up! So heading out Monday morning. Worked out anyway, rest of the hunting party really can't leave till then anyway. Truck is running great. Transmission rebuilt, new flex plate, and I also had a bad u-joint..all taken care of.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did these a week or so ago but finally took a pic. One of the best things I've done to the truck so far.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Archion
I did these a week or so ago but finally took a pic. One of the best things I've done to the truck so far.

I did strong arms for the 2wd height last year. I like them. My only complaint is how fast and hard they slam the hatch all the way up. It's a bit violent compared to the soft opening of the factory struts.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05MilMachine
I did strong arms for the 2wd height last year. I like them. My only complaint is how fast and hard they slam the hatch all the way up. It's a bit violent compared to the soft opening of the factory struts.
These are matched by length, link type and pressure from the buyers guide in the stabilius catalog. Not the strong arm units. These are very smooth open and close.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
Drove mine to Arlington Natl Cemetary for a funeral. After the funeral we went to eat in Crystal City and i had to go onto a parking garage. The antenna was hitting the low pipes, the roof cleared by inches. It was nerve wracking.

After lunch we drove into DC, a big Suv is out of place in that city. Some guy on a Prius had to roll his window up because he was next to my tailpipe.

I only saw one other Ex today, it is on the side of the road with a broken ball joint.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
devovino
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Archion

Thats kinda nice! I did in fact notice at the store, that in fact the rear hatch does not open up very high, it barely clears my head and that with lift ad 35's! I like this idea!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:57 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Had a few issues today....

Installed my HPOP, fired it up, had it idling, free revved it, all is good, ran for prob 45 min total. Went for a test drive around the block, it died as I pulled into the driveway. Wouldn't restart..... Checked the torque on the HPOP drive gear, all good, unplugged the ICP sensor, cranked a bit longer n it fired up. Drove it all over the place since than n shut it off and started it prob 15 times. All seems good.

Air bubble or what???

Old 09-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Air bubble or what???
Dunno, but it's common, so I wouldn't worry.

After my Termy duals were installed, the next day I had the exact same thing happen to me. And my truck was running pretty smooth too, like I had purged all the air from the lines.

Stewart

Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Dunno, but it's common, so I wouldn't worry.

After my Termy duals were installed, the next day I had the exact same thing happen to me. And my truck was running pretty smooth too, like I had purged all the air from the lines.

Stewart
Really?? I was worried as hell for a little bit there. After I put the pump on, mine fired up second try, and ran smoother than ever within a couple min. It just didn't make sense to me! If it's common, I guess I won't worry. Especially since it's running now! Lol

Old 09-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I as well wouldn't worry just yet.

Allot of air can get trapped in the oil rails in the heads and take up to 100 miles to work out and can cause the shut down.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:20 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Ok, cool, it seems to be all good now, I drove it like I stole it for about half a hr, and it all seems good. Going to drive it to town today n clean the engine up good so I can make sure I fixed the leak, and more than likely find more leaks. Lmao. I left my wheel wells out so I can clean the whole engine up nice.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
After I put the pump on, mine fired up second try, and ran smoother than ever within a couple min.
Mine fired up on the first try. Like you it was running fairly smooth after a few minutes. I revved it a bunch then let it idle for about 5 minutes while I looked for leaks and such, then shut it down.

I cleaned up and put stuff away and went to start it for my test drive and it took two or three times to get it started. I drove it all day and the next day, once again, it took a couple times for it to start.

I haven't had any hiccups since.

When you mess with injectors, fuel systems, fuel lines, HPOP, HPOP rez, HPOP lines, etc, things can be a little out of whack for a couple days.

Stewart

Old 09-12-2015, 12:17 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Good to know! Being my first personal Diesel, I was a bit worried thinking I messed something up. I've worked on plenty of diesels, just worried you more when it's yours. Lol. At work we have "helped" them start may a times, but didn't want to do that to my own.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:23 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do to the X today?

My uncles garage is littered with instantfire, I've read a lot of posts on here about how to keep it away from diesels, but in practice it would appear to work just fine without any serious repercussions. Brake fluid on the other hand... I've heard one started with that and it will run away on that like crazy. I expected the engine to be toast after hearing it, never had heard anything like a Detroit diesel running away on the tach.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Yup, google "run away diesel" for a few hours of enjoyment.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?