Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:22 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yesterday I posted a link on my Facebook page about a holster I wanted to buy for the EX, someone familiar with Elsie's story contacted the guy who makes them to buy one for me. Amazing in my book, but then Lee from Dime Box Tactical contacted me to ask what I had been looking at and what kind of gun it would be for, he had read Elsie's story and wanted to give me the holster. So I have a new under dash mount holster with a magazine holster coming my way for the Ex. This is coming from a man I've never met and the only deal was I need to pay it forward and help someone else out, no problem, what an awesome Wednesday. (not mine, just a picture of the holster.) If your looking for one please consider contacting Lee with Dime Box Tactical. https://www.facebook.com/dimeboxtactical

Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
Yesterday I posted a link on my Facebook page about a holster I wanted to buy for the EX, someone familiar with Elsie's story contacted the guy who makes them to buy one for me. Amazing in my book, but then Lee from Dime Box Tactical contacted me to ask what I had been looking at and what kind of gun it would be for, he had read Elsie's story and wanted to give me the holster. So I have a new under dash mount holster with a magazine holster coming my way for the Ex. This is coming from a man I've never met and the only deal was I need to pay it forward and help someone else out, no problem, what an awesome Wednesday. (not mine, just a picture of the holster.) If your looking for one please consider contacting Lee with Dime Box Tactical. https://www.facebook.com/dimeboxtactical

Epic!! I want one! Time to go pistol shopping.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:38 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Custom made for my 1911, sounds like he can do pretty much any pistol and even does custom, one off stuff.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's perhaps one of the most important pieces of jewelry you can have.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Technologiq
Elder User
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Here's what I used:

They come in a pack of a million for a dollar so I use them on everything. I'll put bolts in eventually
Thats what I was using before - but they were pink - and the guys at the shop would laugh at me and slap my *** and call me their little bitch. So I don't want to use those kinds of fasteners anymore.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
Finally! Sheesh.
Haha thanks sir!

Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
I thought I had pics of mine but couldnt find 'em. I have an extra fuse panel cover I attached a holster to. I used a paddle holster and removed the paddle part so I could rivet it to the panel. Its directly for my PT111 but also fits my sleeker 740P. When traveling to states that arent cool, I change the panel and dont carry.

On a side note, I finally got my alternator back and although they said they didnt do anything, it seems to work properly now. Driving it for the next few days as its much more fun than the cop car (POS).....which needs rear brakes.

Also, shortly I'll be removing my rear bumper so I can blast the hitch and paint it. It looks like crap right now but is still solid.

And, my latest want is to put marker lights along the rocker.

This all of course after my front end fixins. ugh.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:45 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 818 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
Tom.... I couldn't take the wait any longer. I ordered the AT3030XL. I did it. Worst cause scenario, I'm down 100 bucks and I run an open exhaust until I get a ticket

This impulse buy brought to you by beer and tacos.

Dammit Aaron! That's my problem, not enough tacos and beer!
Well now your upcoming high quality sound clips (maybe one under load? at around 2300rpm?) will be my motivation to have a big plate of tacos and some nice cold lagers and get my AT3030XL ordered up!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Dammit Aaron! That's my problem, not enough tacos and beer!
Well now your upcoming high quality sound clips (maybe one under load? at around 2300rpm?) will be my motivation to have a big plate of tacos and some nice cold lagers and get my AT3030XL ordered up!
I have a couple of ideas to make that happen. 2300 RPM under a load I shall get just for you.

Hopefully it'll sound so good the tacos and lagers just appear Like magic.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Jason Carmichael
New User
I just replaced all the door and window gaskets. Wow no more rattles and wind noise.

Now my door stick out 1/2 an inch, but close and sound like a brand new door.

81 F350 w/80300 miles. Been a barn king for the last 13 years, only had 3000 miles put on it in all that time. 6 more months and I get to put an antique tag on it and never have to pay registration fees again.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:57 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Joe28443
Joe28443
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Made it home today from 7 hours of driving, ex did great but those up and down hills wore me out. Right when you think you can shift into overdrive another hill comes. Did not know it was so hilly 2 hours outside of he mountains

Old 07-16-2015, 07:03 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing today but made an appointment for Monday to have my red-head installed, steering fluid flush, alignment, oil and filter change, fuel filters and transmission flush (Dealer). From there I'll take her to get the wheels balanced on the vehicle, then to the spa for a full detail.

I drove her a bit yesterday and noticed some vibrations at 65mph...

On another note, taking a quick road trip Sunday to coco beach going to miss not driving the Ex ( only vehicle I use for drives over 200 miles).

Old 07-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Up inear Williamsport Pa for a few weeks, campground right on the river.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:58 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 818 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe28443
Made it home today from 7 hours of driving, ex did great but those up and down hills wore me out. Right when you think you can shift into overdrive another hill comes. Did not know it was so hilly 2 hours outside of he mountains

Hey Joe, How did the rig handle with the new setup?
Back in March when we towed down to Charlotte and back we were in the mountains or hills all the way up to almost Baltimore! I-77 to I-81 then I-70. With my V-10 I found that running a little faster than usual (about 73 max) put the motor into a better RPM range in OD to pull the hills and maintain speed, I know the 7.3 is a completely different animal though. I keep a close eye on the tire pressures and temps with a TST 507RV TPMS as that sped is a bit over the ST tire's 65 MPH rating.

Did you ever get an answer to your question about air bags and RAS on your 2WD EX? I think it will work fine, you could check with LivingLarge (Michael), he runs both but on a lifted 4X4. Also AirLift has a rep here on the forum, maybe they could help too.
Thread here on 2WD air bags (with posts from Jeremy, Air Lift's rep here) https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ear-wheel.html

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?