Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 PM
NMSU_RRAggie
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vwags
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Please be patient, I will post in my build thread.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I found my exhaust leak... Got it up on a lift and checked everything out and plugged the exhaust a few times and sure enough, one of the headers are cracked Looks like I'm going to be saving up and trying to find a smoking deal on some Banks headers for the coming weeks.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
I demand a step by step how-to thread. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but I can't find anyone who has done a walk through for it!

Step 1: Replace fuse

Happy?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:35 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I found my exhaust leak... Got it up on a lift and checked everything out and plugged the exhaust a few times and sure enough, one of the headers are cracked Looks like I'm going to be saving up and trying to find a smoking deal on some Banks headers for the coming weeks.
Wherent these headers repaired already? Is the spot easily accessible? I've got a leak in mine yet at the collector. But not enough to bother me. Lol

Originally Posted by Dasher400
True, but seeing how it wasn't my trailer and the hitch was already set higher than my receiver would accommodate. So it was either balance the weight a little to back or drag the jack through pavement. Thanks for the criticism though....it pulled beautifully... with out swaying.
Glad it worked out nicely!! I've seen some bad things happen that way though so was just a general warning

Originally Posted by FLO98
I think that is supposed to say "I'm a lucky S.O.B. because I get enough time off of work to do... anything I want!". Gotta love our 45-50% overtime here. Have fun
Thanks!! I'm headed back home Monday. There's 3 other families here with their campers. I get PTO, but it's only for 8 hrs a day so kinda cuts into the check. Lol. But I don't get any OT or anything. The gov says in my business it's not required.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:39 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, that sucks that you put so much time and money into it.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ordered EBC yellowstuff pads, XRF ball joints, stainless steel brake hoses, and Ford rotors.
Found 1 place that makes ss brake hoses for 2wd f250/350 can't wait for packages to arrive.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Sorry, that sucks that you put so much time and money into it.
Live and learn. The heart was in the right place when they were given to me and Snowseeker did an awesome job on welding them, but they leaked since they were installed so I think they were doomed to fail before they even stared I just said to heck with it though and called Summit and ordered a brand new set of Banks headers. I should have waited a few months for us to recover from my bumper adventure but I need to put my inner fenders back in, and if there is ever going to be a "best time" to install the headers it will be now so I just dipped into our savings a bit to keep from over-drafting and ordered them. I'll have them Monday and install the same day depending on what time they arrive.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:00 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
Live and learn. The heart was in the right place when they were given to me and Snowseeker did an awesome job on welding them, but they leaked since they were installed so I think they were doomed to fail before they even stared I just said to heck with it though and called Summit and ordered a brand new set of Banks headers. I should have waited a few months for us to recover from my bumper adventure but I need to put my inner fenders back in, and if there is ever going to be a "best time" to install the headers it will be now so I just dipped into our savings a bit to keep from over-drafting and ordered them. I'll have them Monday and install the same day depending on what time they arrive.
At least you had you broken bolts extracted! This should make the job 4,397,106 times easier.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:40 AM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
At least you had you broken bolts extracted! This should make the job 4,397,106 times easier.

Right on ! Should only be a two beer job now....

Old 06-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru

He's only partially correct. Those damn fender wells aren't very fun going back in either. :-P

Apoc, save yourself some extra frustration and grab you some of the metal band muffler clamps to join the pipes together. They seal SOOO much better, look much better and they are easier to install. Throw those U-Bolt style clamps away

Old 06-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
He's only partially correct. Those damn fender wells aren't very fun going back in either. :-P

Apoc, save yourself some extra frustration and grab you some of the metal band muffler clamps to join the pipes together. They seal SOOO much better, look much better and they are easier to install. Throw those U-Bolt style clamps away

Parts store or online?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by hav24wheel

Camping!!!

What's up with the influx of sexy Mineral Grey Excursions with black wheels and 08' tow mirrors all of the sudden?!? Is it because they look better than any of the other trucks or just random happenstance?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Parts store or online?
Almost any local parts store will have them. you might save a couple of bucks getting them online though if you would rather. I think the sizes needed are 3" and 3 1/2"

Old 06-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Technologiq
Elder User
I added these little guys to the back of my steering wheel. Both are bluetooth. Once activates Siri and the other controls music.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
This should make the job 4,397,106 times easier.
+1.

Got 'em on my Lightning and they just like what the ETOH One Horn says.

Stewart

PS - So that'd be 4,397,107

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?