Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of these upfitter switch panels and the adjacent mini cubby pocket.

If I sink it into the dash I have to loose the big cubby and pedal switch.

I think I want to figure a mount below the big panel to mount these then have the controller below that.

I want the 650 dash bad I just am not willing to ditch the cubby, I wonder if the stock big cubby could be mounted to the 650 dash where the above poster put his two gauges?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:44 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
I like the outcome. I was originally going to repaint the bumpers to stock color, and change to black plastics and black running boards. But went black bumpers instead for ease and not having to buy plastics. But the front bumper plastic has seen better days.
Now you need to give the hitch the same treatment! It will all look great together.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:47 PM
gots_a_sol
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder
I want the 650 dash bad I just am not willing to ditch the cubby, I wonder if the stock big cubby could be mounted to the 650 dash where the above poster put his two gauges?

If you want to experiment, the plastic these are made from plastic welds nicely (I used some of the original lower panel to fix my dash holes)

Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

I think I want to figure a mount below the big panel to mount these then have the controller below that.

I hope you realize them switches have tinny wires for them that run to a relay bank. The switches themselfs can't carry much current. Unless you got a kit like this. http://www.1aauto.com/2011-15-ford-u...duKxoCmPHw_wcB
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Now you need to give the hitch the same treatment! It will all look great together.
That I do! That thing has most of the coating falling off. Lol.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:03 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
I hope you realize them switches have tinny wires for them that run to a relay bank. The switches themselfs can't carry much current. Unless you got a kit like this. 2015 Ford F250 Super Duty Truck Upfitter Auxiliary Switch Kit (FORD) at 1A Auto.com

That I do! That thing has most of the coating falling off. Lol.

Yessir, they need to power up relays. The pins on the back make toothpick look huge.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 PM
ChadTaylor
Senior User

I like the outcome. I was originally going to repaint the bumpers to stock color, and change to black plastics and black running boards. But went black bumpers instead for ease and not having to buy plastics. But the front bumper plastic has seen better days.
I think that looks great. What did you use for black?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:03 PM
VTENX
Junior User
Replaced a bulb in the gauge cluster.

Changed out the serpentine belt.

Last week I replaced everything in the front brakes except the rotors. (Which, btw, fixed my 4wd when I replaced the vacuum hoses!)

Old 05-14-2015, 11:48 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
My little cousin graduated high school today, he drove the Oldsmobile. Very proud of that kid!

Also, Skip will be happy my dad's new wheel and tire package for his Corvette. 18x8.5" wheels with BFG G-Force comp 2 255/45 18's.
Name:  20150514_181820_zpsc5adb0fp.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  1.24 MB
Name:  20150514_181830_zpsys91lfkz.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  1.31 MB

Old 05-15-2015, 06:24 AM
2wdDezlX
Elder User

I was considering that also, but to get the whole lower dash also. It has the drivers side glove box and could possibly mount the pedal switch inside it and still have more room than the cubby right now.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Tomorrow!!

Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 830 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella
All lubed up and ready for reinstall. Worked like a charm, and I can now turn my hubs! Success. Won't be waiting 13 years for the next lube.

This also came in the mail today. Will install over the weekend.

Good job on the auto hub clean and lube Nate.
Tell use more about that USB thing-a-ma-jig, is that a dual USB plug in an actual rocker switch for them?

I like that two tone bumper look you have there Dave, the tan pads really set them off!

Old 05-15-2015, 08:57 AM
Technologiq
Elder User
I think I'm going to try and create a custom panel for the space at the back of the center console. Since I don't have a factory stereo and use wireless headphones I think I'd like it to house 4 USB, 1 110v and 1 12v adapter. Only problem is I have neither the materials or tools to do it

Old 05-15-2015, 09:54 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Tom,

It looks like a rocker switch, however it doesn't rock to choose whether or not it is powered. More of an aesthetic thing I guess.

I purchased it so I can stop using an inverter plugged into the 12v plug for my torque tablet and phone. Will get rid of some of the wires clogging up the front.

http://m.banggood.com/Waterproof-DC12-24V-Motorcycle-Dual-USB-Power-Charger-Socket-p-968172.html

Cheers,

Nate

Old 05-15-2015, 10:04 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
well, it looks like the house buying deal I was about to tie up and start paying for, just imploded... I am now back on the market looking for housing with a lot less time than I had before to make things happen.

Oh, and the RECON cab lights I had put on my Ex, they suck! I mean they are complete pieces of crap!

I have two that have gone bad already (less than a year), and the only shinning light is that they are under warranty. What is even more frustrating, is that each light is a full assembly, so each one that goes bad, the whole thing has to come off, be unplugged from the harness and then a new one hooked up and bolted in place. there is no simple lightbulb replacement with their product. The design is utter crap!

In my opinion, everyone stay away from their stuff! I think I will be saving up to buy OEM cab lights and eventually switching them all out.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Technologiq
I think I'm going to try and create a custom panel for the space at the back of the center console. Since I don't have a factory stereo and use wireless headphones I think I'd like it to house 4 USB, 1 110v and 1 12v adapter. Only problem is I have neither the materials or tools to do it
http://m.banggood.com/Dual-USB-Adapter-Charger-Cigarette-Lighter-Sockets-Digital-Voltmeter-p-949446.html

Not exactly what you're after, however you could swap out the voltmeter with a 110 volt and go from there. Very little fab required.

Also, cheap!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?