Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
01 EX PSD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jmathews: I adjusted mine and got 6 more months out of it before it became unsafe. The X would wander from fog line to center while keeping the wheel straight. Lot of people recommend redhead but I went with a cardone one due to budget. It's pretty straight forward install. One thing I learned the hard way, rent a medium/heavy duty adjustable pitman arm remover. Nothing like finding out you rented the wrong tool when your truck is in pieces lol.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice little check arrived today from Conoco. Time for the upgrades to begin!

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
HUH, It seems to me I remember someone telling you it would work out in your favor.

Good for you buddy, glad it came through.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMASAP
To be honest, the reason I haven't ordered an air tank yet is because I parked the truck for the winter and until about a week ago it still had ice and snow under it. I've been too lazy to get wet laying under there to figure out what size tank I can fit, and where. I'll likely tee into each side with two electric over pneumatic solenoids, one to fill and one to dump. No idea what compressor I'll use yet. Not looking to run air tools, but will want to be able to fill tires and such. I'll gladly do a write up when I do the install. Next project is to install my Pro Comp 22210 front springs and my new tires should be here in the next day or two, so the compressed air will be after that.
I'm running a dedicated air compressor with No tank for the suspension, then running a second compressor into a tank for train horn, air hose etc. I really like the setup if one compressor goes down, it takes about 5 minutes to exchange function. Installer also put in a manual lead for the airbags for a 3rd option.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Name:  image-3141060786.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  558.6 KB

Got this in the mail today.

Got it on, tried to do it without draining any coolant. THAT WENT WELL as a couple liters of coolant ended up on my floor. Got it done and refilled up to appropriate levels. Filtering now and no leaks.

Success!

Old 03-30-2015, 08:42 PM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truck7575
Just looked at the instructions for my MaxTow Glowshift fuel gauge and it says the dimmer function needs the orange wire to go to the 12V positive headlamp source.. anyone know the color wire and its location?
There's technically two that you can use.
1) on the panel there is a color coded dimmer wire that you splice into by your head light switch. A little google searching and you should be able to find which one it is.
2) Since I had my radio out to wire in a new one - there is also a dimmer wire there you and use as well. I used this one.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Originally Posted by 01 EX PSD
Jmathews: I adjusted mine and got 6 more months out of it before it became unsafe. The X would wander from fog line to center while keeping the wheel straight. Lot of people recommend redhead but I went with a cardone one due to budget. It's pretty straight forward install. One thing I learned the hard way, rent a medium/heavy duty adjustable pitman arm remover. Nothing like finding out you rented the wrong tool when your truck is in pieces lol.
Lucky me my brother in law has a shop in town, might just borrow his heh heh.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 PM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I'm running a dedicated air compressor with No tank for the suspension, then running a second compressor into a tank for train horn, air hose etc. I really like the setup if one compressor goes down, it takes about 5 minutes to exchange function. Installer also put in a manual lead for the airbags for a 3rd option.

Its nice that with air systems you can get creative for little money. With a few fittings, air line, and a ball valve you can keep your two systems separate, yet tie them together in a pinch. I'm also going to keep my manual fill valves, and my air tank will have one as well. If needed I'll be able to air up at home, at a gas station, or wherever.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Hell yeah man! Glad that's done and over with

Old 03-30-2015, 09:47 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Nice, glad it finally worked out.

I'm helping them spend their money (they have plenty of it) with lots of new truck upfits. $475,980.00 in PO's today.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Getting the check today was a HUGE relief... I went out of pocket on the repairs (upgrades actually, was way cheaper that way).

It's going into the trans bulletproof rebuild Roland (mueckster) and I are doing, plus a 38R and billet wheel, T500, and hi-flow CVD's and banjo bolts from Clay.

The leftovers will go back into the Chevelle build fund. Took a hefty withdrawal from them for the engagement ring, but it was totally worth it (no fu****g jokes, family is off limits). I'll never sell the car, so I have time. I just need to finish the short block while I'm at school so I can get the monster discounts on the rotating assembly and finish up the machine work.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Old 03-30-2015, 10:47 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Just stopping in to say hi I have not been around much, hooked the EX the manlift and that's about it. I will hit it hard when it's nice and warm......also I got my fingers on a 6.0 and a 5r100 I wonder what I can do with those?????

Old 03-30-2015, 10:51 PM
InmatesRunThePlace
Junior User
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Thx for the vid. Since you already had a bar on there was it just a remove and replace w/ new brackets?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by InmatesRunThePlace
Thx for the vid. Since you already had a bar on there was it just a remove and replace w/ new brackets?
No, everything from the OEM swaybar was removed before I got the truck (Member in TX. needed one and I didn't so he removed it before it was shipped to me) so it was as if there was never one at all. Everything you need (except decent hardware) is included with the kit.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?