Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Finally picked it up from the repair shop! No word yet from the parent HQ who's fuel trashed my entire fuel system yet, so it was a hefty four figures out of pocket.

Having said that, I desperately need to build my mueckster transmission in the following few months. 238/80 sticks are like apples to plantains, the rig is a completely different animal - and the sticks are detuned to work on stock oil and turbo (for now).

Old 02-28-2015, 10:00 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7p8KX1n1zw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I locked in the hubs and drove the Mrs to the store to relieve her cabin fever. We dont get much snow or ice in Texas and it brings me back to my days learning to drive in the snow of Illinois. I got a new dash cam, so this is the first video I have ever uploaded with it. I didnt capture anything interesting and I edited the sound out, because random conversation.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ex took the family around the south Seattle area today looking at homes. She ran perfectly and we put about 400 miles on her. As for houses and locations, let just say more was scratched off the list than was added...

Old 03-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
The Ex took the family around the south Seattle area today looking at homes. She ran perfectly and we put about 400 miles on her. As for houses and locations, let just say more was scratched off the list than was added...
That's a problem I had with the area. Cost of living gets so high that normal price ranges yield slum-ish or very poor quality houses. The amount of rain doesn't help either, nor how fast Seattle was rebuilt after the fires - it seems the build quality went down. Weather takes a toll there for sure, and unfortunately there's a lot of military barracks rats that go in on a house together and trash the place, then the landlord does cheap fixes and keeps flipping it as a low buck rental. Ugh.

Have you tried militarybyowner.com? They usually have a good pool of quality places.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
That's a problem I had with the area. Cost of living gets so high that normal price ranges yield slum-ish or very poor quality houses. The amount of rain doesn't help either, nor how fast Seattle was rebuilt after the fires - it seems the build quality went down. Weather takes a toll there for sure, and unfortunately there's a lot of military barracks rats that go in on a house together and trash the place, then the landlord does cheap fixes and keeps flipping it as a low buck rental. Ugh.

Have you tried militarybyowner.com? They usually have a good pool of quality places.
I have checked out the militarybyowner.com site, and honestly, I have never found the site to be all that helpful. I have found that realtor.com will give me a much better perspective of properties.

I am still on the hunt. We did see one property we liked, a little small on the square footage, but appealing none the less.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
When my uncle sold his house in issaquah last summer and moved, they searched for months to find a place they liked. He took me around to some of the places on the top of the list and none were a place i'd want to live. Very congested...not what i'm used to.

The new house they have been in about 6 months and are already thinking of moving...

Old 03-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I am in the Kent area and its steadily went a bit down for my neighborhood. I would like to move a bit further out. Something like Covington or possibly places in Auburn. Several shipmates are in the Puyallup, Covington, Issaquah area, just have to keep in mind the commute times and tolls on 167 or 520 bridge.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:13 AM
ADillon63
New User
Installed a Avital 5303L Remote Start/ Security system this weekend... I hate working under the dash but so nice to have remote start and a alarm. I give the job a challenge level of 4 out of 10. Mainly for abuse of back, knees and finger tips...LOL
Also got my first Blackstone oil analysis back last week. They said "Not a single thing out of range to point too. Great motor at 350,000 miles."

It's a good week

Old 03-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I just remembered to renew my registration on the EX last night before the new TX inspection/registration thing goes into play. It gives me a little more time to get the EX back down to TX to get it inspected.

I refuse to switch the cars over to PA.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ADillon63
Installed a Avital 5303L Remote Start/ Security system this weekend...
How easy is it for someone who has never done one but has done plenty of stereo installs to do? I need to do this as well

Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 AM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Avital is good stuff IIRC. I had a system in my old Super Coupe and it worked from a LONG way away and this was in the late 90's. How would one get around the PATS key issue on remote systems without taping a key near the receiver?

Old 03-01-2015, 09:31 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
How easy is it for someone who has never done one but has done plenty of stereo installs to do? I need to do this as well
You'll be able to get through it easily enough if you're familiar with 12 volt systems.

Personally on newer cars I'd stay away and take it to a reputable shop. Too much electronics and modules that could be issues.

I got a taste of the new technology with my 04 Dodge Ram and it only got more complicated from there

Old 03-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
I just ordered my tuner from Mike's 5 Star Tuning. Wish me luck!

Old 03-01-2015, 12:21 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
I just ordered my tuner from Mike's 5 Star Tuning. Wish me luck!
your going to love it! It made my Ex act the way it should have from the factory

Old 03-01-2015, 12:26 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
your going to love it! It made my Ex act the way it should have from the factory
What all did it change that you can actually use? How hard to install it, and how much did it cost?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?