Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 02-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella
We hold the door for eachother, say thank you, and smile at each other for no reason other than we can.
That's how we roll in Texas!

Except we like our guns and The Great Republic of Texas understands that

Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Except we like our guns and The Great *Republic of Texas understands that
Don't you mean the Republic of Texas?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
stpete
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been working toward taming the wallowing beast. I've been playing with tire pressures lately and I think I fall into the higher pressure is better camp. I'm running 70psi all around and the truck feels a little better than it did at 55. Might be tire specific though.
But, still not good enough so I ordered this. Weather will determine when it goes on, so it might take a while.

Name:  IMG_20150211_083917086_zps25cs1vz0.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  64.9 KB

Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by stpete
I've been working toward taming the wallowing beast. I've been playing with tire pressures lately and I think I fall into the higher pressure is better camp. I'm running 70psi all around and the truck feels a little better than it did at 55. Might be tire specific though.
But, still not good enough so I ordered this. Weather will determine when it goes on, so it might take a while.

You are on the right track 60+ PSI.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Don't you mean the Republic of Texas?

Fixed it

Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Broke down and got a new rear wiper arm for the beast. Wasn't even making contact anymore....

Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by stpete

OMG you will LOVE it!!! This is one of ht e best things you can do to the X

Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know it helped mine a lot. However adding another spring went backwards.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:20 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I wanna move to canada as well. I like living away from people, if I could live somewhere where I would only see a person if I went to town that would be great! Our winters have been lacking as well, I hear they have snow in canada.
I agree with living away from people. I live in the standard neighborhood setting right now and I hate it. Looky-loos everywhere, keeping garage closed in the summer sucks while working on the hot rods, virtually no privacy......this will be changing soon.

As for the snow, you can have it.....not a fan. I like it at times but not dealing with removing it, driving in it - because of others, and the salt. Anything above 50 for the "cold" season is fine with me!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Not sure yet, but I will be hitting you up in a few months for advice Wendy and I are tossing around the idea of taking a vacation to Detroit for 2 weeks next year as an "Urban Excursion". We'll stay in the X at campgrounds and cross over to Canada for sleeping and go to the city to explore. I think she and I should both be packing more than video cameras and packs.

Better not try to cross the bridge to Canada with anything that goes bang...they confiscate it and you get a free orange jumpsuit in return.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
I would have no problem with storing the firearm somewhere when we crossed the border. There is no way in HELL I would take a chance with my safety much less my wifes.

Not to worry I travel to Detroit very often...it's mostly all media hype and going into the wrong places after dark. No worries if you stick to downtown and to the actual "tourist" items, like The Henry Ford and some of the other attractions. Don't go the Packard plant or to the old train station...those places are not safe. Not only could you get mugged but you could also end up getting hurt within the buildings themselves.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
My general rule is: If my wife and I cannot carry, my family doesn't go. Nobody else will accept responsibility for our safety, that responsibility is mine alone. So why should I take them somewhere without the ability to defend them or those around them?

YMMV

Old 02-11-2015, 12:08 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mecdac

Julian isn't always nice to Ricky
Haha, can't rep but if I could the trailer park boys deserve it. Driven past that part of Nova Scotia many times.

Oh hell no, I in no way meant that lol. I know better I was thinking more along the lines of checking it in at the campground and having them put it in their safe for a night or 2.

If we could get approval to move to Canada we would be up there in a month, it's hard to get granted citizenship My wife and I get "free" healthcare already because of my 100% disability from the military but I would much rather live in Canada for a hundred other reasons
Yeah, I head it is tough to get citizenship. But in the end you won't have to work as hard as I did... I had to come out kicking and screaming and covered in blood

Goodluck with it though if it is something you're seriously considering.

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
That's how we roll in Texas!

Except we like our guns and The Great Republic of Texas understands that
I also hear the ladies like your accents more.

I don't knew what that's all aboot eh

Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben
My general rule is: If my wife and I cannot carry, my family doesn't go. Nobody else will accept responsibility for our safety, that responsibility is mine alone. So why should I take them somewhere without the ability to defend them or those around them?

YMMV
Don't worry, we send all our crazies down your way to keep us safe. Justin Bieber, Pamela Anderson, etc.

You'd be safe up here

Old 02-11-2015, 12:12 PM
stpete
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rushmore X
I know it helped mine a lot. However adding another spring went backwards.
I think if this doesn't do it, I'm leaning toward air bags. I'm hoping this is all I need though.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Splash67
Not to worry I travel to Detroit very often...it's mostly all media hype and going into the wrong places after dark. No worries if you stick to downtown and to the actual "tourist" items, like The Henry Ford and some of the other attractions. Don't go the Packard plant or to the old train station...those places are not safe. Not only could you get mugged but you could also end up getting hurt within the buildings themselves.
I lived in Detroit when I was younger and while I have been to all of that and we plan on hitting those up the reason for the trip IS to go to the bad areas. That's the reason for the firearms We plan on going to the Packard plant day one actually, it's odd you mention it The train center will be later on in the week The whole reason for the trip if to attempt to make a small documentary on Detroit, but I doubt it (the documentary) will happen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?