Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can fly that! I really wanted to buy a bell for private use when I started making money back in the 90's So, I took helicopter flying lessons, I refused to learn on a Robinson. Lol

To this day, whenever we take a helicopter tour I take over the controls.

David, are you working on your captain license's? What license do you have now? I employ a few former coast guard captains that are doing very well in my charter program. Matter of fact I have two 1600 ton captains making in the 200k range. I also have one fresh out of the guard with only a 200 ton making close to that now.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
I can fly that! I really wanted to buy a bell for private use when I started making money back in the 90's So, I took helicopter flying lessons, I refused to learn on a Robinson. Lol

To this day, whenever we take a helicopter tour I take over the controls.

David, are you working on your captain license's? What license do you have now? I employ a few former coast guard captains that are doing very well in my charter program. Matter of fact I have two 1600 ton captains making in the 200k range. I also have one fresh out of the guard with only a 200 ton making close to that now.
Unfortunately, I am not a CG boat driver. I just take cool photos and try to educate the public about the CG and its missions.

If you google news search my name, you will find me quoted all over the place.

So if you need a PR or crisis comms guy, then give me a call

Old 01-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
6am took the Ex to JFK, now I'm enjoying the beach and 80F...

Old 01-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Unfortunately, I am not a CG boat driver. I just take cool photos and try to educate the public about the CG and its missions.

If you google news search my name, you will find me quoted all over the place.

So if you need a <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> or crisis comms guy, then give me a call

Pharma and Wallstreet need guys like you - we need another Ex fan up here.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Magnus E
Pharma and Wallstreet need guys like you - we need another Ex fan up here.
Only if I can remote in for work from someplace like Alaska. I have had my fill of the Northeast. It is just not for me.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Only if I can remote in for work from someplace like Alaska. I have had my fill of the Northeast. It is just not for me.
I've learned to love the NE but remote work is not uncommon these days. I'll be vacationing in Alaska hopefully this summer so I will find out why you like it so much.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:45 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I know a bit of us in here are either Vets or Currently Serving or both but take some time and check out the VETNET section in the GNAC forum when you get a chance. FTE is trying to help people who really need it as much as possible.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Woah there hoss... I'm Army Aviation all the way Air Traffic Controller and Blackhawk Crewchief. No boats for me
I know you are man, but you're the one that mentioned people making fun of the CG so I figured I would reference that post.

oh...and GO Navy.

Last edited by Twitchyleprechaun; 01-15-2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: can't spell...
Old 01-15-2015, 03:22 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun
oh...and GO Navy.
I always knew there was something strange about you...

J/K Thank you to you and everyone else here who has and is serving!

Old 01-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnus E
I've learned to love the NE but remote work is not uncommon these days. I'll be vacationing in Alaska hopefully this summer so I will find out why you like it so much.

hey your in luck! i give free kicks in the sack to anyone visiting Alaska. let me know when you get here. i will prepare my foot.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:49 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Skip1970
hey your in luck! i give free kicks in the sack to anyone visiting Alaska. let me know when you get here. i will prepare my foot.
Your leg must get tired if you are walking around Snow City in downtown...

Old 01-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Your leg must get tired if you are walking around Snow City in downtown...

it must be requested. i dont just give them out without consent.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
My Grandpa worked up there for years. He had story's of pickups falling apart overnight. He said the Chevys didn't hold up as good as the Fords. It's crazy they sit and run 24/7 up there. But they have to really. He also mentioned running ATF in the cooling systems on them too. Doesn't freeze, and when a head gasket goes out, you can keep driving it. This was yrs ago tho, he hasn't been up there in 13 yrs.

My whole family has worked up there starting with my Grandpa in the mid 60s before there was no road or a pipeline. The changes he's seen in 50 years on the North Slope are mind boggling!

If you spit on the ground, that is a reportable spill, if you pee on the ground, its a reportable spill...if you pour more then a gallon of DRINKING water its a reportable spill...the list goes on. I had to do an 8 hour class just to be able to drive on leased land. i'll need way more training in the future since i'll be going up every few months.

I fired the Ex up today, I left it at work while i was out of town. Drove my work truck to the airport and to a really early breakfast this morning and some more meetings. It warmed up again today so the Ex ain't so clean anymore

Name:  20150115_135752_zps83utx3tb.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  874.6 KB

Old 01-16-2015, 05:11 AM
RobRoss
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
You want a piece of me!?!? (I saw your avatar and can't believe nobody said it!)

Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 AM
alex--taylor
Senior User
Rear entertainment

We bought our Ex used, as most do now :-) When we got it, had to engineer the rear video screen into the aftermarket head unit. We lost audio from the rear DVD player because I didn't have all the right cables at the time. So, today we received 4 headphones and a remote in the mail from Ebay. Tested them all and the remote, everything worked right out of the box and arrived in brand new condition. Thank goodness for Ebay and Amazon!

Next Thursday I'm taking the Ex back in to get the iPhone integration, rear DVD audio fixed, and the steering wheel controls integrated to the radio.

AT

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?