Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GermanMike
Whats up with the group buy of the Custom Excursion badge?
Serious interested.........
Not sure if the idea was serious or not. I built the logos more out of jest than anything...

If there is a logo that everyone wants to get, I am more than happy to help in its design.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:39 AM
LWW
Elder User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
X2 What all do have the switches controlling? Do you still find it a comfortable reach to use the manual lever on the trailer brake controller way down there? I use my manual lever frequently and was trying to find a better location for the controller when my F-650 dash goes in.
We need a full picture thread on this to get me motivated to finally finish mine.
Sorry, I'm terrible about "work in progress" photos. All I have is the "after" pic. ;(

I don't use my manual trailer brake lever that much. About the only hills I run while towing is the grade on the entry ramp to Laguna Seca or over the pass to LA. I'm usually loaded to the gills in the truck and my race trailer isn't that heavy with a little Datsun 240Z!

I currently have 6 SPDT switches and 3 SPST switches for a total of 15 functions. I can change the 3 SPST to SPDT and get the total to 18 functions but I didn't want to mix and match functions on a switch. I also have an extra Carling SPDT switch. If I need to I can mount it next to the empty space next to the Dashboard Power outlet.

If any of you are planning to run this many amps I HIGHLY recommend you talk to this guy: Waterproof Fuse and Relay Boxes - RFRM (10 relay) & RTMR (5 Relay) no Blue Sea/ SPOD - Tacoma World Forums

He's a Toyota Tacoma guy so don't hold it against him! From what I can tell he does excellent work!

He's building me an auxiliary 3-bus power distribution system that will mount by my E350 aux. battery capable of 200amps with 10 relays and up to 40 fuses/breakers. 1 bus for constant power with emergency shutoff switch, 1 bus for ignition-on power and a ground bus. Even then, I can't run a bunch of lights AND the winch or compressor. If I decide I need it, I'll have to run dedicated power for those so everything can be powered on at the same time...

All the wiring is run but I still haven't got my 40" LED bars mounted on the roof. And I still haven't ordered my IronCross bumpers... Have to get the roof rack modifications done first and recover from property taxes and Christmas' drain on the finances before ordering the bumpers...

Here's the current function list:

(1) ZOMBIE LIGHTS switch that turns on EVERY light!
(2) 40" LED roof light bars on the left
(2) 40" LED roof light bars on the right
(1) 40" LED roof light bar on the front
(1) 40" LED roof light bar on the back
(2) 4" LED square auxiliary backup lights
(2) 20" LED running board lights (L/R)
(4) 5.5" LED round front bumper mounted off-road lights
(2) 4" LED round front bumper mounted off-road lights
Compressor
12k lb Winch
43 qt 12v fridge
(oops, almost forgot the high idle!)

I still need to re-mount my pedal adjustment switch but I was done after a LONG day of working on the dash and repairing the overhead display.

I had planned to replace them so I ordered new doors for the overhead console (both have broken hinges) and I got one that was the wrong color and the other was for the wrong overhead console...

At least the lie-o-meter works again and can dazzle me with dreams of 20mpg and 680 mile ranges! My wife likes the outside temp gauge so she can know how cold she REALLLY is!

Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by GermanMike
Whats up with the group buy of the Custom Excursion badge?
Serious interested.........
That depends on everyone else really. Between myself and USCG_PA we can make it happen but we need to know that it's a for real thing. Will he put the time into a design for us, I'm sure he would be more than happy to (unless he want's to be a jerk but he's not). Am I willing to make all the arrangements and set up the group buy and handle everything, of course! Am I going to start a thread and ask USCG_PA to start making badges (he's already whipped up like half a dozen just for the hell of it) when nobody is really interested, no. Once 6-8 people (not including myself) are interested I will start. Once there is serious interest I'm sure for a few thousand dollars USCG_PA will make us a nice badge template

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
That depends on everyone else really. Between myself and USCG_PA we can make it happen but we need to know that it's a for real thing. Will he put the time into a design for us, I'm sure he would be more than happy to (unless he want's to be a jerk but he's not). Am I willing to make all the arrangements and set up the group buy and handle everything, of course! Am I going to start a thread and ask USCG_PA to start making badges (he's already whipped up like half a dozen just for the hell of it) when nobody is really interested, no. Once 6-8 people (not including myself) are interested I will start. Once there is serious interest I'm sure for a few thousand dollars USCG_PA will make us a nice badge template
Here is a new badge to start your thread off with. I actually kind of like this one.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:17 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
No idea what's up with the guys ears! Lol

Took the Ex to town to pickup my new atv tires!
Name:  1CA9C046-5BE5-4714-8F42-FE0C90C771F8.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  117.4 KB
Name:  752C8660-14DF-4989-A21E-679C05246E3A.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  91.3 KB
Name:  4A414CDF-90A4-48E1-B69B-4887639ACB42.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  82.2 KB

$80 each, $125 total for shipping. Can't wait to get them mounted up on some wheels.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
I feel a "Shut up and take my money" meme would be fitting right about now.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:40 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
I feel a "Shut up and take my money" meme would be fitting right about now.

Oh, you mean this one

Old 12-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Either of those work nicely lol

Seriously though, tell me more about these custom badges.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:08 PM
GermanMike
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Not sure if the idea was serious or not. I built the logos more out of jest than anything...

If there is a logo that everyone wants to get, I am more than happy to help in its design.
That would be great.......
I would prefer the OEM Style EXCURSION lettering.
Down to it something like "King of SUVs" or " The last Dinosaur"
and at the end Tge Ford Logo or/and the cuis.....
Can you do this?
Thanks in advance

Old 12-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Just watched USCG_PA hit 1k post Congrats man! You did it on a now locked for sale thread too lol

Old 12-29-2014, 03:17 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Just watched USCG_PA hit 1k post Congrats man! You did it on a now locked for sale thread too lol
Actually, it was on the take my money one above. That other thread was 999

As for logos, just about anything is possible, but that is also the problem... I am not about to make 100 different versions, each one because someone has a "good idea."

If Apoc makes a thread for this, then we should talk about what people would want, and then, I would be more than happy to see what is feasible.

I suggest this approach, because while some of this is easy, some of this is a huge PITA!

Old 12-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Actually, it was on the take my money one above. That other thread was 999

As for logos, just about anything is possible, but that is also the problem... I am not about to make 100 different versions, each one because someone has a "good idea."

If Apoc makes a thread for this, then we should talk about what people would want, and then, I would be more than happy to see what is feasible.

I suggest this approach, because while some of this is easy, some of this is a huge PITA!
Whatever it ends up looking like - I'm in!

Old 12-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
maybe you can get a picture of chuck norris on them.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:20 PM
bflora
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My X (7.3 PSD) got the Motorcraft FA1759 (AIS) Air Filter installed today ... next up, rear pinion seal, and new seal between the transmission & transfer case.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:55 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?