Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
It won't be everyone's cup of tea but i think i'll be happy with the finished product.
Shouldn't let other people decide what you do with your own ride. Ben just got his Vette' redone and it looks *cough* pretty *cough* good *cough* BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Name:  ku-xlarge_zps5a8f645c.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  152.7 KB

Old 12-13-2014, 10:02 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
rut roh......
FINE, I'll spill the beans on my idea.

So my hood has been repainted some time before i bought it. It got a rock chip and now its flaking out pretty bad around this chip.

I'm going to have him paint the raised section Arizona Beige to match the lower cladding, its going to have a small pinstripe around it. Along with this i have paintable mirror caps i'll have him paint tan also. Then i'm going to pull my molded splash guards off and have them painted also.

I love the combo of tan and red

Old 12-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
That actually sounds pretty nice! Don't know why you were second guessing it. Now Ben on the other hand... Sorry buddy, but the vette needs to be rattle canned and redone ASAP!

You're online, respond!

Old 12-13-2014, 10:12 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Hey now, Sponge Bob rules!!!

Russ, that will either look great or horrendous. Any way to simulate it first somehow? I'm just a scairdycat!

Old 12-13-2014, 10:18 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by ExxWhy

Russ, that will either look great or horrendous. Any way to simulate it first somehow? I'm just a scairdycat!
I could have someone with photoshop skills give it a try...but i'm pretty set on it lol

Old 12-13-2014, 10:21 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my hood has been repainted some time before i bought it. It got a rock chip and now its flaking out pretty bad around this chip.

I'm going to have him paint the raised section Arizona Beige to match the lower cladding, its going to have a small pinstripe around it. Along with this i have paintable mirror caps i'll have him paint tan also. Then i'm going to pull my molded splash guards off and have them painted also.

Can't wait to see it, sounds like it should look great!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Who Ben? Me Ben?

I wouldn't have that generation of Vette on my property if you paid me to store it. No soul. The only ones that have soul are Stingrays, old and new.

Now Spongebob on the other hand.... that might look pretty sweet on a big ol Ex!

Russ, I think that sounds like it will be pretty sharp. I have a paint scheme in mind for my Ex, but I need to find someone who can put together a pic of it on Photoshop or something.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben
Who Ben? Me Ben?

I wouldn't have that generation of Vette on my property if you paid me to store it. No soul. The only ones that have soul are Stingrays, old and new.

Now Spongebob on the other hand.... that might look pretty sweet on a big ol Ex!

Russ, I think that sounds like it will be pretty sharp. I have a paint scheme in mind for my Ex, but I need to find someone who can put together a pic of it on Photoshop or something.
We need somone good with Photo shop to help us!

You are making me feel bad that our Stingray is sitting tucked away in the garage...i'm missing auto crossing!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:55 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Immortal_Ben
Who Ben? Me Ben?

We need somone good with Photo shop to help us!

You are making me feel bad that our Stingray is sitting tucked away in the garage...i'm missing auto crossing!

June 1st autox - YouTube
Just throwing it out there, but I have photoshop, and may be able to help. Just let me know.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:56 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Just throwing it out there, but I have photoshop, and may be able to help. Just let me know.

I thought you did...i'll PM you if i can find a decent pic.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:17 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
I just got back from a 440 mile trip. Got a call that the mother inlaws car broke down on her way here, so I went to get it. It was 220 miles one way. Not the best driving conditions, but the Ex didn't even know it was back there. Left at 4:00 got back at 11:15. Here's some of the nice driving I had.

Name:  7E5DFF2B-1E49-42BB-B026-66D51BDD09E2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  97.6 KB

Old 12-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

oh god no! well at least it wont look like he hundered other ones that color around anchorage and valley! dont tell me your gonna put them mexican dingleballs on the ceiling also?

Old 12-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Excursion Gary
Excursion's 4ever!
Well, I replaced the IPR on my 7.3L. The irony is it only had 25k miles on the IPR, it was relatively new from the rebuild I did on the motor including the HPOP. Runs like a champ, very smooth idle. At the same time I installed Clay's HPOP Reservoir expansion unit and in the process broke a 6mm bolt off that holds the lid down. Drilled, tapped and re-thread and all is well. Today, I pulled the rear hatch lock mechanism and actuator as nothing was working, not even the key. Filthy, just needed a good cleaning and lubrication and not it works like it should. Tomorrow its on to the new stereo and camera system.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
I just got back from a 440 mile trip. Got a call that the mother inlaws car broke down on her way here, so I went to get it. It was 220 miles one way. Not the best driving conditions, but the Ex didn't even know it was back there. Left at 4:00 got back at 11:15. Here's some of the nice driving I had.

Thats exactly how WI looked last night and today!

Can't wait till tuesday when everything freezes over again and there will be ice rinks everywhere you go.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:37 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Thats exactly how WI looked last night and today!

Can't wait till tuesday when everything freezes over again and there will be ice rinks everywhere you go.
It was very weird. But was above freezing most of the trip, on the way out the fog wasn't as thick or covering as many miles. I was able to run 80 on the interstate on the way out. On the way back it was so thick I nocked it down to 60.

Here's a funny thing I saw though, in Fargo, there was another Excursion pulling a car. It was the same make and model car I had to go pickup, but a convertible. I thought it was funny, two Excursions towing two Chrysler Sebrings.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?