Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Junior User

ericmmcv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
High Intentions...Eric... I am looking for some head lights because mine are all dull and beat up. What do you recommend? Looking to do this this week. Just finished th e5 Star Live Wire install and love it. Still looking to swap out my stock front spring with a pair I got from a friend from his F250 diesel. No miles on them. I am worried because I think I will get at least 1.5 to 2 inches of lift from them which i wood think i would have to change my hanger by 2 inches. Anyone that knows please give me some knowledge!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Good Moanday Morning FTE X clubers
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Why yes, it is that big..

hardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to behold
kevin@thecomputergnome.com kevin@thecomputergnome.com
Talking Florida born, Florida raised...

I turned the heater on for the first time since ownership, and it worked swell. It was a brisk 55* outside...

No comments are allowed from AlaskanEx please...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I would imagine A-EX leaves the heat on all year 'round up there............
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Why yes, it is that big..

hardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to behold
kevin@thecomputergnome.com kevin@thecomputergnome.com
Thumbs down Not for this kid...

And God bless all of you that do live up in the northern areas... SOMEBODY has got to do it and it is not going to be me...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
I love our cooler weather! Any time I get below Chicago I start to sweat! When I visit the inlaws in TX I nearly die going between air conditioned building to air conditioned building.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
played with mine in fresh snow today!

Snow? I've heard of that. With all of the global warming I'd have assumed that it wouldn't be an issue any more....
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
She enjoyed the first cold morning (50 Degrees) out and with the Rotella T5, it fired right over with about two turns. No complaints, nothing....(not that she ever did complain)
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
I would imagine A-EX leaves the heat on all year 'round up there............
lol you would think so...but this summer was very nice. the A/C was used for about 45 days consistently!
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Senior User

VR6Nutt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.VR6Nutt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Took mine out on the first trip of the season. Still a tad warm for my taste. I really need to replace my leaking up-pipes. Losing boost and spiking EGTs are annoying! And may as well upgrade the turbo while I'm at it - and cannot forget to delete the ebpv, adding a high flow outlet....and the list goes on...managed to get my trans hot pulling a 11k lbs on 10% grade for ~1mile. Spiked to 220 and saw the in dash gauge climb pretty quick. Stopped and let er cool for 10ish mins. First time I noticed it do that! Scared me. But from what I've read, there is argument for ideal temps. Probably flush/change fluid this weekend.

AFE Stage2 • JW 4R100 • 6.0 cooler • CCV • AIH Delete • ITP OBA • GT38R International Bellowed Up Pipes DP-Tuned • V/B Codes • Bilstiens • Hellwig Rear 285/75 Nitto Duragrapplers LR E AFE 4" Exhaust • Gauges

Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Canadian Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
lol you would think so...but this summer was very nice. the A/C was used for about 45 days consistently!
Yes we had a beautiful summer & the warm weather continues here, Gig
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Junior User

Joemz9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
HA still sunny and warm here in UT, but still I can't wait for some snow to take the X out in and have some fun!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Posting Guru

jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Hauled some cement bags for driveway repair this past weekend and used it as a family mover. I really need to find a place to get this thing off road in Wisconsin.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
oh come on, ac? man u better not ever leave alaska, if you used ac this summer.
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. On a journey to keep a PMA and not rant about Texass
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmmcv View Post
High Intentions...Eric... I am looking for some head lights because mine are all dull and beat up. What do you recommend? Looking to do this this week. Just finished th e5 Star Live Wire install and love it. Still looking to swap out my stock front spring with a pair I got from a friend from his F250 diesel. No miles on them. I am worried because I think I will get at least 1.5 to 2 inches of lift from them which i wood think i would have to change my hanger by 2 inches. Anyone that knows please give me some knowledge!
Hi Eric,

The lights on my Ex are fine, so I haven't replaced them yet, but I have put this series headlights on my 97-F150, 200-Taurus, and 94-Thunderbird. They are build to factory specs and were delivered to the door preset (aligned) for the intended vehicle. I didn't even have to have them aligned!

Ford Excursion Headlight Lens Headlights At Monster Auto Parts
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM