Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,141 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Nut, I think he bought it like that.............

Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
jasonodsky
Fleet Mechanic
Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by zato666
Got home from a road trip 3700 miles Colo to Ga and back. Have to say the old girl still runs like the day I drove her off the lot 11 year next month
Awesome! I hope to feel the same way about mine in 11 years too!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,891 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerhughes
hey guys, new here

I finally upgraded from my f150 to this hoss
2000 Limited, leather, 104k, v10 4WD

first order of business, tunes. radio station selection here in western NC is dismal

hoping to get some more mode soon, maybe a bull bar with fog lights and different things
Congrats and welcome to FTE!! I'm right down the road from ya in Blairsville, GA and get thru Franklin all the time. In fact, wknd after next we'll be dragging the Toy Hauler up to an FTE get-together in PA and will drive right by ya on Thurs eve. We have a few FTE members in N. GA and several up in eastern TN - mostly PSD's, but we are not tooooo prejudice!

As soon as I get a better idea what my schedule is for the rest of the year, I'm gonna try to plan a GTG at my place - maybe the first weekend in November???

Anyway, I'll PM you my contact info - I dunno much about them gas-guzzlers, but I'd be happy to help if you ever needed a hand!

on edit: no PM's for you until ya get 25 posts... this is a good thread to 'chit chat' and build up your post count, but don't be afraid to post a "good job" or "I like your truck" in other threads as well. Also notice the little heart at the top right of every post? Clicking that and providing positive feedback (aka 'reps') for a post is a nice thing you can do to show you 'like' a post. The little green squares represent how many 'reps' a member has received.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
tylerhughes
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VR6Nutt
How'd you connect your Sirius?
I put the roof antenna on the drivers side and ran the wire thru the drivers side rear window (which i will try not to use hearing all these stories on here lately!) I tucked the wire along the ceiling and down the pillar to underneath the steering wheel. In the fuse box I used an Add-A-Line fuse and wired up a 3-way cigarette lighter to a keyed power source. That way I can plug up my gps ect as well. From there I popped out the radio (no dash removal needed ) and pulled the wires up and to the top corner, and bam. Nice, clean install. An identical setup is in my F150 so I can swap the radio out easily

Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
tylerhughes
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Congrats and welcome to FTE!! I'm right down the road from ya in Blairsville, GA and get thru Franklin all the time. In fact, wknd after next we'll be dragging the Toy Hauler up to an FTE get-together in PA and will drive right by ya on Thurs eve. We have a few FTE members in N. GA and several up in eastern TN - mostly PSD's, but we are not tooooo prejudice!

As soon as I get a better idea what my schedule is for the rest of the year, I'm gonna try to plan a GTG at my place - maybe the first weekend in November???

Anyway, I'll PM you my contact info - I dunno much about them gas-guzzlers, but I'd be happy to help if you ever needed a hand!

on edit: no PM's for you until ya get 25 posts... this is a good thread to 'chit chat' and build up your post count, but don't be afraid to post a "good job" or "I like your truck" in other threads as well. Also notice the little heart at the top right of every post? Clicking that and providing positive feedback (aka 'reps') for a post is a nice thing you can do to show you 'like' a post. The little green squares represent how many 'reps' a member has received.
Thanks man!

In a perfect world I wouldve bought the diesel in a heartbeat; but with a real world budget I got the v10. One things for sure I did NOT want to go another winter without 4 wheel drive! I'm happy with it though, the interior room is unbelievable. Definitely let me know about your get together, if its not a weekend I have to work I'll take a little trip down to GA. Love the cheaper gas down there haha

Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Had red head steering gear box installed today, put truck in for a inside and out detail and ordered an F650 panel from Parts Guy Ed! Looking forward to creating a one-off design for my beast!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
took the rear hatch lock out, disassembled it, and soaked it in CLR, cleaned it up nice, lubbed the heck outa it, and put it back in place, now we have a key lock that works for the first time in the rear hatch of the excursion!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,141 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Good Morning, Happy Hump Day.......

Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
VR6Nutt
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerhughes
I put the roof antenna on the drivers side and ran the wire thru the drivers side rear window (which i will try not to use hearing all these stories on here lately!) I tucked the wire along the ceiling and down the pillar to underneath the steering wheel. In the fuse box I used an Add-A-Line fuse and wired up a 3-way cigarette lighter to a keyed power source. That way I can plug up my gps ect as well. From there I popped out the radio (no dash removal needed ) and pulled the wires up and to the top corner, and bam. Nice, clean install. An identical setup is in my F150 so I can swap the radio out easily
Ah so you're using the built in FM transmitter to get the audio out? No direct connect into the radio?

Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
took the rear hatch lock out, disassembled it, and soaked it in CLR, cleaned it up nice, lubbed the heck outa it, and put it back in place, now we have a key lock that works for the first time in the rear hatch of the excursion!
I have to do this, do you have any info or a walk through that you used? Mine hasn't worked since I bought the truck and I haven't been able to get it to work.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
i wish i took pics but i think i can do i quick step x step

1 remove lower liftgate plastic panel

2 remove rod from rod clip on back of the liftgate lock mechanism

3 remove large clip wire holding lock unit in around the body of lock with a flattip screwdriver and some needle nose pliers (easier then it sounds, might just use flattip)

4 take eclip off back of mecanism now that its out to remove arm with rode clip from back of lock mech

5 now carefully pry chrome keyhole end surround off lock mechanism

6 pry keydoor flap off with flattip screw driver, careful as a spring is behind this and might get lost.

7 tap the long end of the lock mech with a scredriver handle to knock it thru the mech body, careful again as there is a pin with another spring in there.

8 soak body in clr for a couple hours, not days or the clr will eat it, you will see the clr immediatly begin to go after the rust as it will bubble (CLR = CALCIUM, LIME, RUST REMOVER FROM THE STORE)

9 rinse with water try to take a flattip and free the copper keys in the tumbler with a flattip pushin from the back side the less wide side of the copper looking flat, another flattip screwdriver use, soak longer if still stuck, becareful again as each of the copper pieces has a small spring under the wide side.

10 once you got it working good lube the heck outa it and reassemble in revers order.

congrats you got a working lock system.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
TXtinct

Very cool, I will give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to post that. Props sent. While I'm here I finally got a delivery. These are going in tonight.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i wanna see how bright they are!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
TXtinct

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
i wanna see how bright they are!
I did too, I just ran out and swapped the second row lights. They are pretty bright. I will take some pics when I get home and get all the bulbs switched.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
i want some, where u get them?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?