Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Nut, I think he bought it like that.............
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Posting Guru

jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato666 View Post
Got home from a road trip 3700 miles Colo to Ga and back. Have to say the old girl still runs like the day I drove her off the lot 11 year next month
Awesome! I hope to feel the same way about mine in 11 years too!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerhughes View Post
hey guys, new here

I finally upgraded from my f150 to this hoss
2000 Limited, leather, 104k, v10 4WD

first order of business, tunes. radio station selection here in western NC is dismal

hoping to get some more mode soon, maybe a bull bar with fog lights and different things
Congrats and welcome to FTE!! I'm right down the road from ya in Blairsville, GA and get thru Franklin all the time. In fact, wknd after next we'll be dragging the Toy Hauler up to an FTE get-together in PA and will drive right by ya on Thurs eve. We have a few FTE members in N. GA and several up in eastern TN - mostly PSD's, but we are not tooooo prejudice!

As soon as I get a better idea what my schedule is for the rest of the year, I'm gonna try to plan a GTG at my place - maybe the first weekend in November???

Anyway, I'll PM you my contact info - I dunno much about them gas-guzzlers, but I'd be happy to help if you ever needed a hand!

on edit: no PM's for you until ya get 25 posts... this is a good thread to 'chit chat' and build up your post count, but don't be afraid to post a "good job" or "I like your truck" in other threads as well. Also notice the little heart at the top right of every post? Clicking that and providing positive feedback (aka 'reps') for a post is a nice thing you can do to show you 'like' a post. The little green squares represent how many 'reps' a member has received.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Freshman User

tylerhughes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6Nutt View Post
How'd you connect your Sirius?
I put the roof antenna on the drivers side and ran the wire thru the drivers side rear window (which i will try not to use hearing all these stories on here lately!) I tucked the wire along the ceiling and down the pillar to underneath the steering wheel. In the fuse box I used an Add-A-Line fuse and wired up a 3-way cigarette lighter to a keyed power source. That way I can plug up my gps ect as well. From there I popped out the radio (no dash removal needed ) and pulled the wires up and to the top corner, and bam. Nice, clean install. An identical setup is in my F150 so I can swap the radio out easily
Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Freshman User

tylerhughes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
Congrats and welcome to FTE!! I'm right down the road from ya in Blairsville, GA and get thru Franklin all the time. In fact, wknd after next we'll be dragging the Toy Hauler up to an FTE get-together in PA and will drive right by ya on Thurs eve. We have a few FTE members in N. GA and several up in eastern TN - mostly PSD's, but we are not tooooo prejudice!

As soon as I get a better idea what my schedule is for the rest of the year, I'm gonna try to plan a GTG at my place - maybe the first weekend in November???

Anyway, I'll PM you my contact info - I dunno much about them gas-guzzlers, but I'd be happy to help if you ever needed a hand!

on edit: no PM's for you until ya get 25 posts... this is a good thread to 'chit chat' and build up your post count, but don't be afraid to post a "good job" or "I like your truck" in other threads as well. Also notice the little heart at the top right of every post? Clicking that and providing positive feedback (aka 'reps') for a post is a nice thing you can do to show you 'like' a post. The little green squares represent how many 'reps' a member has received.
Thanks man!

In a perfect world I wouldve bought the diesel in a heartbeat; but with a real world budget I got the v10. One things for sure I did NOT want to go another winter without 4 wheel drive! I'm happy with it though, the interior room is unbelievable. Definitely let me know about your get together, if its not a weekend I have to work I'll take a little trip down to GA. Love the cheaper gas down there haha
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Elder User

Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.Peace2Peep has a great reputation on FTE.
Had red head steering gear box installed today, put truck in for a inside and out detail and ordered an F650 panel from Parts Guy Ed! Looking forward to creating a one-off design for my beast!
05 PSD Limited Ex, V's and B's, Bilstein Shocks, Harley H/L, Billet Badges, Red Head, 30mm Sway, FCDP Delete, FCDP Coolant, JL Audio Stealthbox, DC Power 270 Amp Alt, XS Power D6500 Batts, F650 Dash, Focal Coax, Tracvision a7, Adj Track Bar, Xbox, R/C Dual Steer Stab, 2008 Diff Cover, Mag Hytech Trans Pan, SCT Innov Tunes, Soundstream 10.2" screen, ARP Headstuds, Isspro Gauges, Kenwood DNN990HD, Silverline 4" Exh, JL Audio Amps, BMF Novakane 22x10.5 Death Metal Wheels, Toyo O.C. A/T II Extreme 325-50-22, Iron Cross Boards
Old 09-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
took the rear hatch lock out, disassembled it, and soaked it in CLR, cleaned it up nice, lubbed the heck outa it, and put it back in place, now we have a key lock that works for the first time in the rear hatch of the excursion!
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. Looking to make a Girls of FTE yearly calender pm me if interested in being a model
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Good Morning, Happy Hump Day.......
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Senior User

VR6Nutt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.VR6Nutt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerhughes View Post
I put the roof antenna on the drivers side and ran the wire thru the drivers side rear window (which i will try not to use hearing all these stories on here lately!) I tucked the wire along the ceiling and down the pillar to underneath the steering wheel. In the fuse box I used an Add-A-Line fuse and wired up a 3-way cigarette lighter to a keyed power source. That way I can plug up my gps ect as well. From there I popped out the radio (no dash removal needed ) and pulled the wires up and to the top corner, and bam. Nice, clean install. An identical setup is in my F150 so I can swap the radio out easily
Ah so you're using the built in FM transmitter to get the audio out? No direct connect into the radio?

AFE Stage2 • JW 4R100 • 6.0 cooler • CCV • AIH Delete • ITP OBA • GT38R • International Bellowed Up Pipes • DP-Tuned • V/B Codes • Bilstiens • Hellwig Rear • 285/75 Nitto Duragrapplers LR E • AFE 4" Exhaust • Gauges

Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM
You'll shoot your eye out

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-uno View Post
took the rear hatch lock out, disassembled it, and soaked it in CLR, cleaned it up nice, lubbed the heck outa it, and put it back in place, now we have a key lock that works for the first time in the rear hatch of the excursion!
I have to do this, do you have any info or a walk through that you used? Mine hasn't worked since I bought the truck and I haven't been able to get it to work.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
i wish i took pics but i think i can do i quick step x step

1 remove lower liftgate plastic panel

2 remove rod from rod clip on back of the liftgate lock mechanism

3 remove large clip wire holding lock unit in around the body of lock with a flattip screwdriver and some needle nose pliers (easier then it sounds, might just use flattip)

4 take eclip off back of mecanism now that its out to remove arm with rode clip from back of lock mech

5 now carefully pry chrome keyhole end surround off lock mechanism

6 pry keydoor flap off with flattip screw driver, careful as a spring is behind this and might get lost.

7 tap the long end of the lock mech with a scredriver handle to knock it thru the mech body, careful again as there is a pin with another spring in there.

8 soak body in clr for a couple hours, not days or the clr will eat it, you will see the clr immediatly begin to go after the rust as it will bubble (CLR = CALCIUM, LIME, RUST REMOVER FROM THE STORE)

9 rinse with water try to take a flattip and free the copper keys in the tumbler with a flattip pushin from the back side the less wide side of the copper looking flat, another flattip screwdriver use, soak longer if still stuck, becareful again as each of the copper pieces has a small spring under the wide side.

10 once you got it working good lube the heck outa it and reassemble in revers order.

congrats you got a working lock system.
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. Looking to make a Girls of FTE yearly calender pm me if interested in being a model
Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 PM

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
Very cool, I will give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to post that. Props sent. While I'm here I finally got a delivery. These are going in tonight.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i wanna see how bright they are!
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
i wanna see how bright they are!
I did too, I just ran out and swapped the second row lights. They are pretty bright. I will take some pics when I get home and get all the bulbs switched.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

thronsonskip
i want some, where u get them?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM