Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
land yacht
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hope it works out for you riggers. whatever you do...

Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
So nice to come off of my roof to all this support! And I was ready to grab my sledge hammer and head back up there and be done with that freaking tin!!!! 2 hrs on the roof, and my cut around the pipe still sucks azz. Oh well, it's about to STAY that way cause Idgaf anymore. lol

Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM
pprussell
New User
Originally Posted by fordboy67
Did you do the Red-Head steering box yourself? If so, whas it pretty easy/hard. Anyone with input, it would be appreciated, thanks in advance! I'm looking into this as my next mod/maintenance.
Local tire shop put in the red head, took one hour and a half. They said it was easy.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just keep driving mine back and forth to work these days. Came out today and snapped this pic simply because I have a friend who is really into Cadillacs. But I figured I could share it with y'all too.

The nice thing about the commute is I really don't get any bugs. I washed the Ex this weekend up north, drove around with a wedding party, and then drove home. I cleaned off the bugs last night while they were still fresh, and assuming it doesn't rain this week, it should remain clean and bug free. Best of all, after hauling a bride and her four bridesmaids around, there's no spills, heavy dirt, or other damage. The floor mats have a little sand on them, but that's easy to take care of.

Name:  photo-12.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  164.2 KB

Old 08-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Replaced my worn and broken lift supports for my hood. I broke the driverside mount for the lift when I went to pay jdadamsjr a visit back around April.

I stopped by the Ford house and got a replacement mount, it cost me all of $2.00 and some change.
Name:  a94c6369.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  267.6 KB

It goes to show just how worn the lift supports were after 12 years and 349K; I replaced the passenger side first and the new lift support was very capable of holding the hood up on it's own while I replaced the driverside mount and lift support.
Name:  76eeeb4a.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  281.4 KB

The hood now lifts with authority and wastes no time once it's free of the hood latch.

O'reilly auto parts has them for $17.99 with a lifetime warranty and usually has them in stock. So if you're hood won't stay up on it's own these will definitely do the trick...

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...d=lift+support

Filled up last night too, $113 later she was full again, but running strangely rough. I checked the ICP sensor and found that it was covered in congealed dielectic grease I'd put on awhile back. I left the engine cool then sprayed the sensor and connector with brake cleaner. She ran smooth, quiet, and noticably better on the way to work this morning.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:05 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Name:  goodpost.gif
Views: 209
Size:  16.4 KB I've been thinking about replacing mine lately. They hold the hood open fine but I have to give the hood a little help up to get it fully open. Thanks TD.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 929 Likes on 677 Posts
This wire bundle usually gets caught between the hood and firewall on my Ex. I always think it will allow water under the hood with a rain. Do yours also get caught on the hood seal or am I just being ****. (don't answer that).

Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robbragiel
LOL...yes I do have OCD. I cant stand when crap is scattered everywhere plus when i'm looking for a tool I need it to be right under my seat and not 10 feet away where I have to step over things to try and find it.

I hate oil stains on my driveway also thats why I have drip pans under my 2 73 crewcabs, 1 in the garage and the other on the driveway. My garage floor is so clean you can eat off of it.

I have the CCV hose running out to the middle of the X and truck and I made my own.

The pressure cap is 3" and have a 30 psi gauge on it because the gauge on my air compressor, the marks dont start till its 20 psi so wanted to be able to see every psi going into my intake. I put 10 psi in and worked great.
Nice Job on the catch cans and the pressure cap !! I am going to have to make a pressure cap myself just so I can have a piece of mind. Since I made them bellow up pipes I worry about still having the stupid donut gaskets. Hopefully it can keep from leaking until I can get to the point of going to a H2E set up.

And it is always nice to see a nice clean concrete driveway !!! I myself got that way from my dad. When I was a teenager I was NOT allowed to park my junk cars on his driveway. And as far as garage floors go I am jealous !!! Mine was almost that nice until I did this tranny job. And actually up to that point in time the carpet I have in 1/2 my garage was nicer than the carpet in the house. LOL Not no More.

I'm going to have to get a few lessons from you on how to be more orginanized. I am always impressed when I see a person like yourself who can work on their truck without it looking like a pigsty. So my hat's is off to you for your professionalism and OCD but then again you are a Pro!!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Nice Job on the catch cans and the pressure cap !! I am going to have to make a pressure cap myself just so I can have a piece of mind. Since I made them bellow up pipes I worry about still having the stupid donut gaskets. Hopefully it can keep from leaking until I can get to the point of going to a H2E set up.

And it is always nice to see a nice clean concrete driveway !!! I myself got that way from my dad. When I was a teenager I was NOT allowed to park my junk cars on his driveway. And as far as garage floors go I am jealous !!! Mine was almost that nice until I did this tranny job. And actually up to that point in time the carpet I have in 1/2 my garage was nicer than the carpet in the house. LOL Not no More.

I'm going to have to get a few lessons from you on how to be more orginanized. I am always impressed when I see a person like yourself who can work on their truck without it looking like a pigsty. So my hat's is off to you for your professionalism and OCD but then again you are a Pro!!
Thanks for the kind words Ed. My wife calls me Mr Clean and its not because I look like the mr clean guy but for how neat and organized I am. Organizing a garage is what I love to do.
Now for the X I have a few more things I need to do then I should be good to go on it.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by robbragiel
Thanks for the kind words Ed. My wife calls me Mr Clean and its not because I look like the mr clean guy but for how neat and organized I am. Organizing a garage is what I love to do.
Now for the X I have a few more things I need to do then I should be good to go on it.
Is your wife happy with her new brakes ?? I'll bet she was excited about the catch can set up.. Ok maybe Not... But I am sure you are glad you did it.

So what do you have left to do to the EX ??

Old 08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
LunaticSVT
Junior User
Got my truck back from ford. Yeah...

So I got injector 7 and 5 replaced. Also the valve on the heater core was busted and causing a leak. So they replaced that. This was not money I needed to spend due to not being able to do the work myself. If I could have I would have spent less money, but child issues caused me to not work on the EX myself. I guess it was worth it since my time was limited and I needed the EX.

I was able to get my door code finally!

I did also install one of Matt's tunes from GearHead and so far am in love with it. There was a slight issue that I am investigating and sent him an email on, but it is loads better.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Is your wife happy with her new brakes ?? I'll bet she was excited about the catch can set up.. Ok maybe Not... But I am sure you are glad you did it.

So what do you have left to do to the EX ??
The wife has my truck down in FL and I drove the X back up to SC to do all the stuff I needed to do. I hope she dont wreck my truck. Shes not that good with a long truck like mine. The left front rotor was warped on the X so now everything works great.

I still need to swap out the springs for the V & B springs because whats on there now is real tired.

I have a vacuum leak somewhere because when I switch to 4x4 it automatically defaults to defrost.

Left side back seat door has 3 small dents from when she pulled up to a ATM hit the pole next to the ATM machine. I should be able to pull the door pnl and try and push the dents back out. There not creased so I should be able to do it if I can access it.

New shocks, shoes, tuner, 6.0 tranny cooler and a new intercooler. Other then that, that should be about it for modding the X until something breaks hard.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
I was able to get my door code finally!
Isn't the door code on a sticker under the dash somewhere? I'm not sure but on my first X I made a list of all possible door codes based on 1-5 and it really isn't that many when you do it that way. It took me all of about 1 hr once I started going through them.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
On some trucks if you are really lucky you can see it in the modules by the radio. Not all of them though. The dealer can get the code with their scan computer.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
im not lucky one

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?