Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 PM
LunaticSVT
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SG1NUT
My dad got a new truck the other day. 2012 F350 Lariat.

Hate saying it, but the new truck makes the EX look like it's the size of an S10

I wont disagree that it is a nice truck.

Mama wants one, but we have not come to an agreement with the dealer on the price she wants to pay. Trying to convince her that she needs an EX of her own.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
Hate saying it, but the new truck makes the EX look like it's the size of an S10

I wont disagree that it is a nice truck.

Mama wants one, but we have not come to an agreement with the dealer on the price she wants to pay. Trying to convince her that she needs an EX of her own.
OH OH OH, I am GREAT with hard-ball buying! Yep that's how hubby afforded his $54k sticker price 07 F250 for only $36k. He was seeing the value in me all the way home!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:46 PM
SG1NUT
Mountain Pass
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, I need to get my V/B swap done so that I can keep up.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:49 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Shouldn't that be an Explorer or Ranger? Comparing an X to a chevy product is near treason on FTE.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 PM
LunaticSVT
Junior User
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
Shouldn't that be an Explorer or Ranger? Comparing an X to a chevy product is near treason on FTE.
Was hoping to give an incentive to have him do the V/B swap. Yeah that sounds good! lol

Old 07-28-2012, 11:36 PM
swedige
New User
Yesterday I filled up for the first time and embarked upon my first road trip. Today I tested the towing capabilities of my new X.

Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well guys, I have accepted a new job and start this Wednesday! The commute isn't too far though, which is nice.

Speaking of commutes, since the Ex has only really seen one winter, I don't want to add to that count. So I started looking at commuter cars. I've done lots of online research and finally went on some test drives today.

I went to see our salesman who sold us the Excursion and F-450. Since he knows me, he let me take a Focus sedan on a test drive by myself. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed. Lots of things reminded me of exactly what I didn't like about my grandpa's '07 Focus wagon. Like brakes. Y'all know, it takes a lot of foot power to stop an Excursion. Do half that power on a Focus and it jerks you forward in the seat/locks the seat belt. Very sensitive. The trans also had some shifting issues which I read about online. Wasn't very enjoyable to drive.

I won't go into too many details here since this is what it is, but I went down the street to the Chevy dealer. A first time for everything, and I know I'll get lots of grief from my grandparents when they hear, in addition to that from my parents already. I test drove a loaded Cruze and it was a night and day difference. I think the Cruze was superior in function hands down, and I mean, it has a turbo. Enough said... Plus when all said and done, factoring current incentives on both and A/Z on the Focus (about a 9.5% discount), the Cruze is actually about $200 cheaper. I would love to wait for the Eco-D (diesel) version coming out next year, but they say Q2 2013 now, and it could end up being the end of next year when said and done with no incentives, so I don't want to wait that long.

So in the next month or two, I may very well be Cruzing, which will allow me to try to save up and get the 7.3 project underway once again.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
good luck with the new car, i have to say i've enjoyed the focus's i've driven. had a '08 sedan w/48k on it for a rental in AZ for a week in jan. huge difference from a excursion i'm used to driving daily but i did like the little car for what it was drove very nice. very surprising for a rental car with almost 50k on it haha

just filled the excursion up, $3.53/gal for reg 87 gas. $100 filled her up..been awhile since i've been able to do that.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
I won't go into too many details here since this is what it is, but I went down the street to the Chevy dealer. A first time for everything, and I know I'll get lots of grief from my grandparents when they hear, in addition to that from my parents already. I test drove a loaded Cruze and it was a night and day difference. I think the Cruze was superior in function hands down, and I mean, it has a turbo. Enough said... Plus when all said and done, factoring current incentives on both and A/Z on the Focus (about a 9.5% discount), the Cruze is actually about $200 cheaper.

So in the next month or two, I may very well be Cruzing, which will allow me to try to save up and get the 7.3 project underway once again.
It is a sad day. Makes me want to go buy a Kia.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
No more GM's in my garage, local dealers closed a few years back and Ford has a better business model. I like the Focus, it is a sharp looking car.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
No more GM's in my garage, local dealers closed a few years back and Ford has a better business model. I like the Focus, it is a sharp looking car.
I'll probably never buy another new car but after GM not only took the bail-out money but then LIED about paying it off, I would never even consider supporting that company with my purchasing money. Even if they had the best cars in the world. (which they don't)

Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
Got home last night from our Yellowstone trip. 4500 miles on the EX, mostly with the trailer in tow. Performed like a champ the whole way. GREAT tow vehicle!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
I'll probably never buy another new car but after GM not only took the bail-out money but then LIED about paying it off, I would never even consider supporting that company with my purchasing money. Even if they had the best cars in the world. (which they don't)
I agree with not ever buying a new car. I'll probably never be able to afford one.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
Same here. With my experience of quality of gm AND becoming government motors.. no thanks.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I have honda daily drivers.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?