B-Xcurgin
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it's 7.3. Well good if that's about av then I don't feel bad hah

Old 06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
goodmatt2002
Senior User
Just installed Landyot radius rods.....goin for a test drive!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:15 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just finished installing a newer center console with rear cup holders (Thanks Tim) and cleaning up the interior. I didn't know there was so much room in the console without a VCR occupying half of the space. I am sure having the cup holders on the rear of the console will help a ton in keeping track of the kids drink cups. Bonus is I think I am going to try and put my old console into my 78 Bronco. I figure if I take out the VCR I can put a drawer or something in that space for storage.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bigzirb
Just finished installing a newer center console with rear cup holders (Thanks Tim) and cleaning up the interior. I didn't know there was so much room in the console without a VCR occupying half of the space. I am sure having the cup holders on the rear of the console will help a ton in keeping track of the kids drink cups. Bonus is I think I am going to try and put my old console into my 78 Bronco. I figure if I take out the VCR I can put a drawer or something in that space for storage.
Now we need pics!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Took a mini road trip to a grad party about 90 miles away. I forget how much fun it is to drive the X!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Nice work guys, well done....

Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
just rolled back into town..alittle over 900 miles all said and done with 120 of that a rough gravel road. truck ran great! had to run with o/d off on the huge mountain pass's to maintain 65-75.

started this morning with 345 miles to go at 8:45am , hit town at 1:45pm ...pretty damn good time for these parts and highways.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got back from a trip to Mexico. When I left Monday the Thermometer pointing at 115 while driving at some point !
Truck ran great, not a single issue. AC kept up nicely, even idling for a while when people had to go to the restroom/get food etc.
Now if I can only find the valve that switches between the rear floor and rear vents it would be even nicer. Right now it seems stuck to floor. Front roof vents have no air no matter what position the switch is in.
At first I thought one of the hoses must be loose, but my son was complaining he got cold feet in the back ! So it must be stuck to floor only (or partially?). Roof vents in far rear do work.
Can someone confirm that when the switch is set to floor for the rear, the roof vents in the back still blow air or not ?

Checked my haynes manual, but it only describes how to change the resistor and blower motor. Nothing about a valve.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:13 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by az_r2d1
Got back from a trip to Mexico. When I left Monday the Thermometer pointing at 115 while driving at some point !
Truck ran great, not a single issue. AC kept up nicely, even idling for a while when people had to go to the restroom/get food etc.
Now if I can only find the valve that switches between the rear floor and rear vents it would be even nicer. Right now it seems stuck to floor. Front roof vents have no air no matter what position the switch is in.
At first I thought one of the hoses must be loose, but my son was complaining he got cold feet in the back ! So it must be stuck to floor only (or partially?). Roof vents in far rear do work.
Can someone confirm that when the switch is set to floor for the rear, the roof vents in the back still blow air or not ?

Checked my haynes manual, but it only describes how to change the resistor and blower motor. Nothing about a valve.

I just went out and checked mine. Set on floor, you get almost nothing out of any roof vent. On roof, almost nothing at the floor.

Sounds like some sort of obstruction in the diversion door, but I've never taken it apart to see what's in there.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Took the EX to DC over the weekend. Ran great, 15 mpg hand calculated (scanguage was right on too btw) which I was very happy with seeing as it's a V-10.

Had a weird issue on the way home however. Decided to let my daughter drive a bit to let her get some highway experience. (new driver) For some reason, the passenger side window wouldn't work. Tried opening and closing the door, restarting the truck, either switch, no joy. Had been fine up to that point. 100 miles later, I drove again and the window was fine again. Still fine today. Not slow, no weird noises, perfectly normal. Maybe a bad spot on the motor brushes, or maybe a wonky connection someplace.

Did some reading and the only thing I found was some issues with no windows working along with no radio. Not my issue as the other windows were fine as well as the radio worked OK. I guess at this point, I am just going to wait and see. Hope it doesn't decide to act up with it down in a place I need to lock the truck.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 PM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
I just went out and checked mine. Set on floor, you get almost nothing out of any roof vent. On roof, almost nothing at the floor.

Sounds like some sort of obstruction in the diversion door, but I've never taken it apart to see what's in there.
Thanks for checking ! Really appreciate it.
I am going to take a look at that valve. I hope that's it. Will remove the siding first, or at least loosen it so I can get to it.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Yesterday spent some time checking for vacuum leaks that may be causing my AC to switch to defrost and back. Couldn't find anything obvious

Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Changed the fuel filter on mine this weekend, but think I may need to clean the EBPS, mpg is down a hair...

Other than that truck is boosting beautifully and running awesome!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
bigzirb
Elder User
What did I do to the Ex today?
I watched as my wife drove it to work. It rained all night and there was 2 feet of standing water in the end of my driveway. Thankfully one look at that was all it took for her to agree to drive it. She had sworn that she would never drive it again when I put the winch on the front, lol. She got to work and called to say there way water over the roads in several places going to work. I guess it will get a real wash, when it stops raining...

Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Installed a new valve cover gasket and wiring harness on the passenger side in record time.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?