Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by riggers
Okay guys, tomorrow morning I have to go put the deposit on my new tranny. It's an ADP or something like that, comes with a 500k miles 5 year warranty. Got any opinions on the brand etc...? Supposed to cover it even if I race with it, it is promised not to give out. Really expensive so I'd like to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid here!
You've got mail....

Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS is the brand, and it's a stage 3 tranny. Does that help. I had the letters wrong lol

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
And one extremely cluttered desktop.... It always starts out that we put one icon on the desktop to make sure we can find it.... then we need another... then 30+ icons later we can't find anything.

Great job on the parts. Money well spent.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM
riggers
Post Fiend
I called them to price the trannies direct and a stage 3 is $5100 plus a $1200 core, plus probably $300 shipping each way. So up front $6900. That's including the larger pan and billet something. hahah. This place is charging me $5600 plus the $300 each way shipping plus $450 install, plus they are going to fix my diff leak and balance my driveline/driveshaft thingy that has had a vibration since the lift. They don't seem to think regearing it to 4.10s will be needed. Although I have to say this is the freaking third time at least that this rear differential has had a leak. It was leaking when we bought it, and hubby said it had been done before because you could see the seal stuff they tried to use, and now it's leaking again. Hmph. Not sure what I should think about it leaking now for at least the third time. I have to go in the morning and put down $3k just wondering if all that sounds about right. I figured there would be a marking up of the tranny price. $500 plus all the shipping kinda makes me just wanna drive to Colorado and get it done there though LOL

Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
ToysRUs
Senior User
Originally Posted by TXtinct
Don't you just love visits from the man in brown? Looks like you have a project this weekend...
I agree, Brown rocks....But then again so does Purple and Orange.

(Oh crap I agreed with TXtinct...gotta give reps, that's the rules)

Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
dosecobanya
Senior User
Hey Riggers, you know a drive to New Braunfels would be a nice soft brake in on that tranny. Anyword on those playoffs?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
And one extremely cluttered desktop.... It always starts out that we put one icon on the desktop to make sure we can find it.... then we need another... then 30+ icons later we can't find anything.
I'm a Systems Administrator aka a computer nerd high on the "IT Food Chain".

It's what I call an organized mess, only I know where everything is and what's in what folder

Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
ATS is the brand, and it's a stage 3 tranny. Does that help. I had the letters wrong lol
It's your money, and you can do what you want with it, but the only way I'd take an ATS trans is if it wasn't installed so I could sell it right away and pocket the money.

I called them to price the trannies direct and a stage 3 is $5100 plus a $1200 core, plus probably $300 shipping each way. So up front $6900. That's including the larger pan and billet something. hahah.
You need to call John Wood Automotive. 760-356-1734

Okay guys, tomorrow morning I have to go put the deposit on my new tranny. It's an ADP or something like that, comes with a 500k miles 5 year warranty. Got any opinions on the brand etc...? Supposed to cover it even if I race with it, it is promised not to give out. Really expensive so I'd like to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid here!
Ok, since you made that statement.....

The written warrantee by ATS has a lot of clauses that will void your warrantee. John Wood has no clauses.

Put a tuner on your rig and you void the ATS warrantee.

JW works with Jody at DP-Tuner to fine tune the way custom tunes are written regarding transmissions, longevity, line pressures, shift points, etc. You won't void JW's warrantee by putting a custom tune on your truck.

John custom machines the tranny parts on the lathe in his shop. He also uses cryo treated parts for longevity and reliability.

You can't do better than a John Wood built trans.

Stewart

Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

You can't do better than a John Wood built trans.

Stewart

Or a Brian built BTS tranny!!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:54 AM
riggers
Post Fiend
Oh, I'm waiting for an argument here! So I take it you REALLY discourage the ATS tranny, and I called RiffRaff too and they discouraged it also. How do I nicely turn the guy down? lol. I will know SATURDAY about the playoffs! It's not Saturday yet, unless I missed it while I was on my roof...........

Old 05-04-2012, 03:48 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i gotta do something about these brakes, they are driving me crazy. new pads last summer, rotors are starting to feel slightly warped(were fine last summer) but now they sequel SO loud when braking with light-medium pressure...like stop lights, stop signs, parking lots and it sounds soooo bad! time to spend some real coin on good rotors and pads..ugh

Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Riggers just tell them you cant do it right now & dont worry about it, Ger

Old 05-04-2012, 06:17 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Yup. It is part of the business. They will get over it. lol

Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Yeah, seriously...

From the time I saw that things were adding up to almost 7 grand and it wasn't either John Wood or BTS, it was time to move on. That's why I PM'd and asked who they were and what the charges were...

John Wood and Brian of BTS, DARE you to break their trans and have no hidden clauses when it comes to their warranty.

Chances are those other guys will offer to do it for less, but you just steer clear of them. If they give you a hard time, post up, and those who are nearest will drive over there and have a little chat with them for you.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Yeah, seriously...

From the time I saw that things were adding up to almost 7 grand and it wasn't either John Wood or BTS, it was time to move on. That's why I PM'd and asked who they were and what the charges were...

John Wood and Brian of BTS, DARE you to break their trans and have no hidden clauses when it comes to their warranty.

Chances are those other guys will offer to do it for less, but you just steer clear of them. If they give you a hard time, post up, and those who are nearest will drive over there and have a little chat with them for you.

Don't worry about it! Jersey style!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?