Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
HeathJohnson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love those seats and console. Beautiful!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HeathJohnson
I love those seats and console. Beautiful!
They are 2,000% more comfortable then my 2002 seats were.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
Tim, Did you get one of these yet? DTS Articles - HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade

I would use a 5 gallon bucket to prop up as close to the bottom of the frame as possible. That would catch about 99% of the fuel and the only thing that go bathed was the one hand undoing the plug. Not to bad that way.
Thanks for the link! Just using a hex driver, a few extensions, a swivel and usually I can clear the member and 4wd housing. Light went out today, still gonna check it though.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough!
Did you install them yourself? Where are the pictures and installation thread? It HAS to be around here somewhere... (that is a hint)

Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
I just don't get it with all these people not doing build threads.....

Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by archtaan
I just don't get it with all these people not doing build threads.....
I had to get up off the floor. I fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. I realize that was the point, but from all people Tim. That was hilarious. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
yes I installed them very easy do I didnt think It needed its own thread

Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
I had to get up off the floor. I fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. I realize that was the point, but from all people Tim. That was hilarious. Thanks.
Yeah I know.....

That was the irony!

I have all my pics ready at least! Need to dig out my notes to match up with the pics..

Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
xbox73
Mountain Pass
Installed 2010 F350 crew cab front seats and console:

Had to move the heated seats control from being on the dash to on the seat:

Interesting, I may be interested in doing this at some point in the future, since the leather on the seat back of my 2000 X's driver seat has now started to separate around the 'Limited' (or whatever) stitching that is high on the seat back.

I was planning on maybe getting my old seats recovered, but if the 2010 seats are really that much more comfortable, I may reconsider. Are they really that much more comfortable, and if so, in what way?

Also, are the seats (except for the relocation of the heater controls) a direct plug in (i.e. bracketing, seat rails & electrical connectors etc.)? Is it necessary to use the new center console with the new seats, or just something that you opted to do to update the interior? And lastly, where did you get the updated seats from, and how much did they cost?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
The leather is softer as is the foam. The new seats do not have arm rests built in so u need the console or a center seat. I removed the plastic part of the harnus on my old seat and just rearanged the wires to the correct order. They bolted right in. I got them from eBay cost 600 shipped.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
The leather is softer as is the foam. The new seats do not have arm rests built in so u need the console or a center seat. I removed the plastic part of the harnus on my old seat and just rearanged the wires to the correct order.
See... write-up! This forum is built on other's experience. Share the wealth... of knowledge.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by archtaan
Got the dreaded water in fuel light today. Gonna pull the plug on the frame mounted filter and see if it has a bunch of junk on it. Just changed both filters about 1000 miles ago. I hate doing that frame mounted filter. Pulling the little plug is worse. Can you say diesel bath?
Oh Tim, you're bringing back memories of the shower of antifreeze I got when I pulled the rear coolant lines to the rear A/C and heat. Turns out all the coolant wasn't drained after all...

Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The leather is softer as is the foam. The new seats do not have arm rests built in so u need the console or a center seat. I removed the plastic part of the harnus on my old seat and just rearanged the wires to the correct order. They bolted right in. I got them from eBay cost 600 shipped.
Interesting, did the eBay ad say how many miles were on the seats? My dad's F-450 seats are much firmer than my '02, but comparable to the '05. I guess the '02 just has more miles/use to soften up the foam.

The arm rest issue is a big deal for me personally. For where I put the seat (higher up), the console is much too low and away from me. Since I don't get to drive it much, when I do, I usually take a jacket or blanket and bunch it up between me and the console to simulate an arm rest. On the other hand, for whatever reason my dad likes the seat as far back and as low as he can, so he's content with where the console is at then.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Yes LEDs are great, I hear they are making them for the house now too, they just screw in to a light bulb socket
Yep, I have three in my main bathroom.

So where is the how-to thread with pictures?

Did you install them yourself? Where are the pictures and installation thread? It HAS to be around here somewhere... (that is a hint)
Heh, ya beat me to it.

yes I installed them very easy do I didnt think It needed its own thread
Well it does! A thread like this needs to be in the Tech Folder thread.

Stewart

Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
xbox73
Mountain Pass
Hmm, I have a custom floor console, that sits on the transmission tunnel between the regular console between the seats & the dash, so necessitating a swap to the later model console may make this a no go for me, unless the shape of the bottom of the later model console is the same or very similar to that of the original.

However, as others may be interested:
- did the $600 include the console, or did you have to source that separately?
- how close a match is the later model tan leather to the rest of the earlier model tan leather interior?
- so I guess the later model console (and its interior) is wider, and one is intended to use the console as an armrest?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?