Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:43 PM
CharlyG
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Traded air filters with Sean...not the ones in use!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
I meant long-term, not short.

But then again you probably don't use the inverter all that often.

Stewart
Not a whole bunch. It is going to get a workout this time around though. that little heater is a must right now.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:03 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlyG
Hey. I'll swap a dirty K&N air filter, in a Motorcraft box, WITH new cleaning kit for a Motorcraft paper air filter.....
Originally Posted by CharlyG
Traded air filters with Sean...not the ones in use!
Had a great meet with CharlyG in Thousand Oaks for an exchange and swapping V10 tales today. Forgot to take pic ; He has a sweet Excursion in a great color.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:11 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Had a great meet with CharlyG in Thousand Oaks for an exchange and swapping V10 tales today. Forgot to take pic ; He has a sweet Excursion in a great color.
Then I guess it didn't really happen then Sean....

Old 12-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun
The family and the trailer is in Tx while I'm in MD for 3 weeks. Time to boondock in the Excursion..

You know you're really roughin' it when you don't have wifi to connect the Xbox to....
isnt the xbox just a brick with no wifi? i dont think you can even play dvds on it without wifi right?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:13 AM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
You don't need WiFi for the Xbox. It'll do everything it should that doesn't need network functions, mostly xboxlive stuff and streaming services.

If it's that bad why not just block the radiator with card board and put the truck in high idle and use the 6.0 heater? Converting DC electricity to AC electricity for heat ranks very low on the efficiency list. I think you'd be better off with just burning the diesel with the engine at the correct operating temp/rpm.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
isnt the xbox just a brick with no wifi? i dont think you can even play dvds on it without wifi right?
Lucky for me, wifi is not required. I spent most of the night playing Witcher 3

Originally Posted by CarterKraft
You don't need WiFi for the Xbox. It'll do everything it should that doesn't need network functions, mostly xboxlive stuff and streaming services.

If it's that bad why not just block the radiator with card board and put the truck in high idle and use the 6.0 heater? Converting DC electricity to AC electricity for heat ranks very low on the efficiency list. I think you'd be better off with just burning the diesel with the engine at the correct operating temp/rpm.
You are correct, and it did not work that well for that long. I ended up finding a place to plug an extension cord into for power.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
seems like everytime i turn on my xbox one it needs a gig or 2 of data downloaded

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 928 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun
You are correct, and it did not work that well for that long. I ended up finding a place to plug an extension cord into for power.
Heck, just burn diesel.

Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2016, 12:21 PM
James Cox
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (to me) 40/20/20 bench seat.

I got these beauties the other day at a local salvage yard from a '00-'01 F-250 w/7.3L TBD.

Paid $200 for the them and 2 rear jump seats out of a '02 Expedition that'll require some redneck ingenuity to get mounted in my Ex, trick I'm working on figuring out is how to mount the rear seats and have it not look trashy. As I figure it out I'll post pics.

The seats from the F-250 went right in with no serious modification. My youngest daughter called dibs on the center seat when she saw I had taken out the originals, much to her disappointment though, it was my wify who suggested the bench style seat so she could sit next to me on long road trips. I love it when my honey comes up with ideas for my Ex.

I forgot to take pics of them installed, but they were a direct fit and work great.

Here's with both the front and middle removed to get an idea of what I'm looking at. I spent about 30 minutes vacuuming the middle as my kids are holy terrors with spilling drinks, dropping food and candy. If nothing else it was worth it to pull the middle out to get a good cleaning done in the middle of my Ex. My daughter said I should leave the middle out so she'd have a play area when we drive....lol Lil goofball.
It is like a cavern though with out the 2nd and 3rd row seats.

I'll get pics with them installed in my Ex.

Last edited by James Cox; 12-06-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Miss spellinh
Old 12-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Well after about 5 months finally got my ujoint in my Ex fixed. Been driving it a bit in front wheel drive to keep the batteries charged haha. but nice to smoke the back ones again.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Had to use the box to start...

New batteries covered by the Motorcraft warranty.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:48 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lightflyer
Installed the 2006 Ford used tow mirrors I bought of Craigslist from someone who upgraded to the 2008 models. Went in easy and plugged right up as expected. Didn't get any pics yet as it is cold and raining for the next 3 days. The big regular mirrors are fine. The small wide angle ones leave something to be desired, but once adjusted properly work okay.

I also installed the Mishimoto 200F thermostat. WOW! Before the old one would only get up to about 178 tops. Now usually at 201 and putting some heat out from the heater now. My Delta between coolant and oil temps was about 7 or 8 at speed. Now about 4.8 at speed. Drops down to near zero whenever not under load and at idle.
The 2008's are worth the upgrade (even though you just upgraded.) My wife was vehemently against the 2008's because they were "ugly and square," then some assbasket took off the drivers side mirror. I replaced both for less than our deductible and have never looked back (pun intended) I am also a hero because she can see so much better when maneuvering.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:00 PM
lightflyer
Senior User
Not for all of us they aren't. If I was involved with insurance then I probably would do it. But I only carry liability on my cars. I seldom tow and then just my 1935 Ford on a trailer. The 2006 are good for better view all the time and do well with my towing scenario. I am not going to fork out huge sums of my money for something that is incrementally better and more of a want than a need. Others feel differently than I do. I also wanted stock equipment whenever possible and the 2008 and up stock stuff is out of this world.

I just had the Hellwig rear sway bar installed yesterday by the Ford dealer here. Found on CL for $100.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:38 AM
unleashd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
My original rear view mirror was going bad. I got these on Amazon for $13 and installed them yesterday. They provide a nice wide view of the rear of the vehicle including the blind spots.This is a well built unit, sturdy. The reflecting surface is glass and not shiny metal. I was worried about night time glare, but was pleasantly surprised while driving home last night. There was no glare from headlights behind. It seems to have the photochromic / transitions sort of effect at night. I just need to get used to this very different view when I look into the rear view mirror. I can now see everything from just over the front passenger seat on the right end of the mirror all the way to my head on the left end of the mirror

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?