Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:32 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
Just wanted to say the roof racks are black! (I'm now the 4000th post on page 1000, do I win something?)
Uhh, isnt it 40,000 th??

I was always of the mindset that as soon as a record or point was set/reached, all eyes are on the next milestone.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:04 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
I keep it up like this so LivingLargel doesnt feel bad about his leaker.. he still wont post pics. im gonna wait to power wash it all off once i get my leaky oil cooler re sealed... that why its so bad.
Oil is rust prevention. I sprayed the underside of my pickup with some to try n keep rust away. They are using salt here in excessive amounts. Here's the color of asphalt here in the winter. (This doesn't have chip seal yet, so should be almost black)

Name:  0CF5946C-1259-4227-A556-C6F562C30F19.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  209.2 KB

Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Oil is rust prevention. I sprayed the underside of my pickup with some to try n keep rust away. They are using salt here in excessive amounts. Here's the color of asphalt here in the winter. (This doesn't have chip seal yet, so should be almost black)
Yup, streets are paved with sodium here as well. We get a dusting of snow and they lose their minds with the f'ing salt trucks. Sounds like gravel when changing lanes.

Had to take the EX out last night to go pick up a stainless steel bench. Now its covered with white stuff....the EX, not the bench. The bench is 8'x30". Like new, $200. Couldnt pass it up. Also scored an air hose reel, new, for $50.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel

That isn't bad yet. By me they pour it on till the roads are white! I hate salt/brime, complain about it all the time. I am friends with our mayor on FB so he gets to hear it every time I see a truck dumping crap. I have said before people that have rust problems should start making their state pay for repairs or new vehicles, that might get them to stop. It also kills fish, trees, everything it comes into contact with. When it washes into the rivers in the spring there is entire kill offs of eveything in said river, they blame it on "lack of oxygen" or anything else but the actual problem.

I HATE HATE HATE the stuff!

Here is a pic I just snapped of the road outside my house, this road was just layed this last summer so this should be as black as blacktop gets but look!

Name:  k6FCyGr.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.53 MB

Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^
I hate salt. I'm actually considering buying a pressure washer so I can rinse the salt off of my truck, including all the nooks and crannies.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:29 AM
FICMrepair.com
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenscobie86
^
I hate salt. I'm actually considering buying a pressure washer so I can rinse the salt off of my truck, including all the nooks and crannies.
I've recently become hooked on a product called Fluid Film. You spray it on the underside once or twice a year, and it prevents any new rust from forming. Heck, we may even start carrying it.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
The pic doesn't show it as white as it looks so n person. It's just crazy. Makes me mad.

I'd rather have a oil soaked vehicle, than a rusty one... So for the winter months oil soaked it's going to be from now on. That crap has even cut through the under coating I put on the backside of the front bumper and that's starting to show rust now.... �� Keep it shinny with oil, and I think it'll keep the rust away!!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:12 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
That isn't bad yet. By me they pour it on till the roads are white! I hate salt/brime, complain about it all the time. I am friends with our mayor on FB so he gets to hear it every time I see a truck dumping crap. I have said before people that have rust problems should start making their state pay for repairs or new vehicles, that might get them to stop. It also kills fish, trees, everything it comes into contact with. When it washes into the rivers in the spring there is entire kill offs of eveything in said river, they blame it on "lack of oxygen" or anything else but the actual problem.

I HATE HATE HATE the stuff!

Here is a pic I just snapped of the road outside my house, this road was just layed this last summer so this should be as black as blacktop gets but look!
Yup, looks like that here, streets are whiter than the snow. Then, when its cold and dry, like today, the pulverized salt becomes dust in the air when kicked up by traffic. Death or retirement, Im outta here!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:18 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Russ, take plenty of pics! Hopefully you will get to see snow!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:19 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
I keep it up like this so LivingLargel doesnt feel bad about his leaker.. he still wont post pics. im gonna wait to power wash it all off once i get my leaky oil cooler re sealed... that why its so bad.
Thank you Skip, I appreciate you

Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by FICMrepair.com
I've recently become hooked on a product called Fluid Film. You spray it on the underside once or twice a year, and it prevents any new rust from forming. Heck, we may even start carrying it.
A few peeps have been using it for awhile now and they swear by it. Even though we don't have salted roads here on the Central Coast of California, I run out of the stuff and have to buy a 6-unit case of spray cans every couple of years.

Stewart

PS - Really cool to see your user name still in green font, Ed!

Old 02-11-2016, 01:49 PM
FICMrepair.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
A few peeps have been using it for awhile now and they swear by it. Even though we don't have salted roads here on the Central Coast of California, I run out of the stuff and have to buy a 6-unit case of spray cans every couple of years.

Stewart

PS - Really cool to see your user name still in green font, Ed!
Thanks Stewart! Yup, we are I suppose now a 'long time' vendor and supporter here on FTE. Hah!

If you can get it from Ford or from the aftermarket, with very limited exception you can get it from us, just for less money.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Thank you Skip, I appreciate you
i make your guys excursions look that much better by my poor care of this one its actually my wifes anyhow.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:59 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
i make your guys excursions look that much better by my poor care of this one its actually my wifes anyhow.
It's all good! How many miles do you have on wife's ex?

Old 02-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
It's all good! How many miles do you have on wife's ex?
i think we are about to hit 250,000k american miles

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?