Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:29 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
I cant see clearly what you have, are they server blades?

I trash more old equipment than you would imagine. I have even trashed equipment that has never been used.
I think that's what they are - that's more my brothers realm. He recently finished moving one of my parent's companies entirely to the cloud and all these are being trashed. Guess they all work great but there is no market up here for used servers...

So - I picked this up today real cheap. Any suggestions where to mount it in the truck? Want it relatively easy and quick access as time normally is a big factor in containing a fire

And before Michael quickly asks how a multimeter helps in a fire - we're talking about the extinguisher

Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice fire DELETE bottle!

Old 11-28-2015, 06:54 PM
7.3Excursion4x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gave the Ex a bath and vacuum for its trip to DieselSite tomorrow to get the new tranny put in

Old 11-28-2015, 06:57 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Took the Ex for a quick trip to the store, and my Ex treated me to this view... A bit grainy from the old camera phone, but you get the idea.

I also saw two other Ex's while out, they were both lifted Diesels and looked fairly well taken care of.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:17 PM
pirate4x4_camo
Lead Driver
Received 325 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella
I think that's what they are - that's more my brothers realm. He recently finished moving one of my parent's companies entirely to the cloud and all these are being trashed. Guess they all work great but there is no market up here for used servers...

So - I picked this up today real cheap. Any suggestions where to mount it in the truck? Want it relatively easy and quick access as time normally is a big factor in containing a fire

roll

I ditch the cheesy plastic mounts and use a aluminum or steel quick release and mount it between the driver seat and door so you can grab it on the way out.

When stuffs on fire you don't really want to go looking for the extinguisher. By putting it right at the door where you see it every time you get in the vehicle hopefully you remember where it is when panic strikes..... Trust me, you might not

Google quick release fire extinguisher mount and pick your favorite. Plenty of variations available.

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Took the Ex for a quick trip to the store, and my Ex treated me to this view... A bit grainy from the old camera phone, but you get the idea.
Mount Ranier, yes?

Somewhere at my moms house there's a very grainy, 8mm home movie my dad took of me when I was not but a wee lad, many years ago, of me sliding down a snow covered slope in a "play area" on a sled.

Stewart

Old 11-28-2015, 11:40 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Mount Ranier, yes?

Somewhere at my moms house there's a very grainy, 8mm home movie my dad took of me when I was not but a wee lad, many years ago, of me sliding down a snow covered slope in a "play area" on a sled.

Stewart
Yes, it is Mount Ranier. It was beautifully lit by the setting sun, and is always a joy to look at. I just hope it never decides to blow its top, otherwise my home and the homes of many others will disappear.

My house is in the yellow between Sumner and Orting (about center of the map along the Puyallup River)

Old 11-29-2015, 12:33 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes, it is Mount Ranier. It was beautifully lit by the setting sun, and is always a joy to look at. I just hope it never decides to blow its top, otherwise my home and the homes of many others will disappear.

My house is in the yellow between Sumner and Orting (about center of the map along the Puyallup River)

It is pretty, but just one mountain, that's kinda boring

I've never paid attention to how far apart all the areas around Seattle are, seems all like one city to me. But that goes for many large metropolitan areas they bleed together.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I just hope it never decides to blow its top, otherwise my home and the homes of many others will disappear.
Dunno how old you are, but I still remember when Mount St. Helens erupted back in 1980.

Stewart

Old 11-29-2015, 03:14 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Dunno how old you are, but I still remember when Mount St. Helens erupted back in 1980.

Stewart
I learned all about it in elementary school

Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Stewart

She blew out her side didn't she?

Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru

Stewart
I was alive, but don't remember anything beyond what I was taught about it later... I was 3 when it blew

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
I learned all about it in elementary school
Yep, sounds about right.

Originally Posted by Snowseeker
She blew out her side didn't she?
Yes it did, and if Rainer does the same, and blows towards Seattle, everything would be affected!

Old 11-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I think Yellowstone will go before Rainer. It is well over due and they say it is "collapsing" at a faster and faster rate every year now.

Maybe the inevitable 'cali is gonna break off and sink into the ocean' is coming. Maybe the whole west coast is gonna sink! :O

Old 11-29-2015, 11:43 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I think Yellowstone will go before Rainer. It is well over due and they say it is "collapsing" at a faster and faster rate every year now.

Maybe the inevitable 'cali is gonna break off and sink into the ocean' is coming. Maybe the whole west coast is gonna sink! :O
We just can't catch a break... Yellowstone to the east, volcanos, and an impending massive earthquake!

This is something that we are so worried about, that we are doing a massive drill for it in 2016.

Cascadia Subduction Zone Exercise 2016: Cascadia Rising

At least with a Diesel Ex, I should be able to torque my way out of the impacted areas and head for safety

Old 11-29-2015, 12:00 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
On a side note, I was looking at the new 2017 Super Duty, and I had to say, what if...

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?