Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:12 PM
DidieX
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
Dad had his chrome cap get blown off in a gnarly windstorm somewhere near AZ last week.

Luckily, I saved my Chrome caps from mine for such an occasion

PM me an address and I'll mail you the other chrome cap if you want or need. I got the remain mirrors from 1Aauto. Don't know how different they are from the OEM's though.
I have the black ones so if I do chrome I need 2. Think I'm going to do body color. Thanks for the offer though.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:16 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DidieX
Good guess Michael! It was actually Prospect Park. Lol......
Oh, Brooklyn in the house... Lol

You need to win the lotto already, Westchester is calling your name

Prospect Park

Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2015, 02:20 PM
DidieX
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Oh, Brooklyn in the house... Lol

You need to win the lotto already, Westchester is calling your name

Prospect Park
Yup!

I have plans to get out. Need to stick it out another year or 2 until things fall into place.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
43F in anchorage Alaska today, snow melting away and tulips starting to bloom!

Hope we don't bounce out of the cool weather like you guys have!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Here's something you can't do with a pickup truck. 12 1/2 foot boxes of siding fit right inside! Was taking back a few leftovers from the new building. Pardon my disaster in the back.

Speaking of the building project, the outside is done at least. So far, the EX is the only vehicle that sleeps in there, need to get the ceiling done before the camper goes inside.

And finally, to follow up on our wood hauling last week. Here is the easiest way to split 600lb oak logs. Give a large spear to the wife and let her have at it! Meanwhile, I am trying to do my best imitation of a government worker.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
I loaded a 42U IBM Network Rack into the Ex today, it weights close to 350 lbs. We are replacing racks at work and this one was scheduled to be scrapped, the boss said take it. Yes, I have a couple of servers in my basement. My old rack is not really usable anymore, this one will be great for my servers and stereos.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
$20 at Lowes on Black Friday. Perfect for reaching around in the Engine bay of these rigs.

Shop Werner 3.375-ft x 13-in x 6-in Aluminum Work Platform at Lowe's
Those are FANTASTIC! I have one and use it all the time.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
We start work early.

Name:  5Z98vjr.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  603.6 KB

Old 11-24-2015, 08:20 PM
El_Coqui
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found out why my brake reservoir was empty.....Toreador_Diesel was kind enough to point out I was empty at the GTG over the weekend.....crawled under the truck today after refilling the reservoir and found the bleeder screw was not tightened all the way

Old 11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Eric, that garage looks great!

Like the sweater your wife is wearing, kinda telling you "it's getting cold take me to Florida"

Old 11-24-2015, 11:28 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took her to go try out some 1911's that I haven't had a chance to shoot yet, and sight in a .22 that I got for my daughter.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:29 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by DidieX
Yep. Everything still works fine though, just the cap popped off. I didn't even bother stopping to look for it. These mirrors seem pretty strong, this is probably the 3rd time already that I clipped a branch/tree and I finally lost the cap.

Anyone know if the 1a auto and oem caps are interchangeable?
If you wait a bit, I may have an extra I can send. I bought another mirror to replace mine so I will have extra parts.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:49 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
I loaded a 42U IBM Network Rack into the Ex today, it weights close to 350 lbs. We are replacing racks at work and this one was scheduled to be scrapped, the boss said take it. Yes, I have a couple of servers in my basement. My old rack is not really usable anymore, this one will be great for my servers and stereos.

A fellow computer nerd I see

I work in IT as well and you gotta love decom or refresh, unless it's going to be repurposed, it's up for grabs

Old 11-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
A fellow computer nerd I see

I work in IT as well and you gotta love decom or refresh, unless it's going to be repurposed, it's up for grabs

Now the trick is getting the rack into my basement, the wife just doesn't understand these things and gives me a hard time about it. I am a Data Center Engineer and having my own rack looking bad irks the heck out of me.

Yup decom is great, just have to be careful getting it out of the building, that perception thing. I need to scarf up a 48 port switch and a patch panel, it is pretty bad when you have more than 24 network jacks in the house.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Now the trick is getting the rack into my basement, the wife just doesn't understand these things and gives me a hard time about it. I am a Data Center Engineer and having my own rack looking bad irks the heck out of me.

Yup decom is great, just have to be careful getting it out of the building, that perception thing. I need to scarf up a 48 port switch and a patch panel, it is pretty bad when you have more than 24 network jacks in the house.
That's how you Data Center Engineers are, lol!

Your house has network drops all over, you're probably running shielded CAT6E, trying to talk your local provider into letting you run fiber into the house, you're probably also running Cisco Meraki on your network and can disable your kid's network access with your phone too. Gotta love technology

I'm IT Infrastructure, so we speak the same language. I don't have a basement since I live in Texas, otherwise I'd build a server room like you and have a 48 port switch with a Cisco Meraki in front of it and let my imagination run wild from there. My lab was an upstairs bedroom I was about to mount my quad monitor stand on and start fiddling with VMs and designing the IT infrastructure for my home, then I was informed that family needs to come stay with us, so that's on hold for now.

Perception is everything....We were refreshing some of the TV's that run the news and live feeds throughout the building and one of them fell while the movers were carrying it. My boss looks at the team and says, well we definitely can't send that one back, who wants it? Everybody just stands there staring, I call the TV and my boss says, just make sure you wait till around 7:00 pm to take it home.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?