Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I always use a third party which makes the the feature here on fte suck for posting the pic. Half the time it doesn't recognize the link as an image because there might be a 1 at the end of the img tag or something like that. Plus it is slow as molasses. lol

This is what I have resorted to doing as well but I miss just click, click, click, done.
I musta been doing it all wrong before, the new system seems much easier. Before, had to resize pic, then upload it to outside website, then type in the URL of where it is. Now it's click click click ~~~ done.

One man's new and improved is another man's "they ruined it!"

Old 09-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Thought I had a draw on the '01 Excursion, but it turned out to be a bad battery. As it turns out, Autozone is slowly phasing out the 1000 cranking amp/850 cold cranking amp battery and are only selling the 875 cranking amps/700 cold cranking amp battery. They warrantied out the old battery but left me with mismatched batteries. Awesome...

A trip to another Autozone with people who had more than half a brain, got me what I needed: two batteries that match.

I also replaced the starter as it was starting to get weak and grind the flywheel, the '01 now turns over with the authority it had before.

As for the 6.0, well....it's just running awesome!

Old 09-01-2014, 12:44 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Out today with a friend Excursion Shopping, after my first 3 I now wouldn't a sell mine for 50K no way no how!! I'll post details later, but I always thought mint, great condition and like new condition meant something. I'm starting to believe the sun down here is frying brains!

Old 09-01-2014, 01:32 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Out today with a friend Excursion Shopping, after my first 3 I now wouldn't a sell mine for 50K no way no how!! I'll post details later, but I always thought mint, great condition and like new condition meant something. I'm starting to believe the sun down here is frying brains!
"Mint" for something with 378,546 miles and one small dent in the hood and sometimes the A/C is not real cool and the tranny shifts a little funky and the doors lock except for the passenger rear but other than that it's "Mint".

Old 09-01-2014, 01:41 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced the EGR valve, and reset the FICM from the Atlas 40 back to stock. The smoke is gone, and I hope it stays that way! I am going to run some stanadyne through the system for a day or two before reprograming the FICM. Fingers crossed that this takes care of everything!

Old 09-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mechanical refurb finally done

Got my X back today after the latest set of items being completed.

With 149k miles, my X runs and drives like new (perhaps even better).

The latest included a full steering and frontend rebuild, brake work including braided steel soft lines,rebuilt parking brake system and new axle seals front and rear.

Steering is tight and brakes are solid - awesome!

Old 09-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Quick question, I dislike that "new" photo attachment deal that FTE is using. Is there a way to go back to the old easier and faster IMG attachment window when you click on the img icon?
No, the system is integrated into the forum software.

I always use a third party which makes the the feature here on fte suck for posting the pic. Half the time it doesn't recognize the link as an image because there might be a 1 at the end of the img tag or something like that. Plus it is slow as molasses. lol
I still use my Photobucket account too, but when I do, I don't use the forum software too, when I post an image from P/bucket. I just use the image link auto generated and provided by my P/bucket page.

Stewart

Old 09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Magnus E
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ball joints, tie rods and such

Steering is nice and tight! So happy about it I feel like sharing a few pics

Old 09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
"Mint" for something with 378,546 miles and one small dent in the hood and sometimes the A/C is not real cool and the tranny shifts a little funky and the doors lock except for the passenger rear but other than that it's "Mint".
Mark, the mint one has 184,000 miles of abuse has more dings and dents than my iPhone calculator can add. The 6.0 was studded and egr deleted by his handyman friend. The exhaust has a down pipe, then about 3 feet of straight pipe and ends at the center of the cab. The entertainment system is missing so you have a hole in the middle of the headliner. Lights stay on because 2 door actuators are shot, lights at steps, 3rd brake light and reverse lights shot. Interior has holes big enough to hide your kids in. 1 window won't go down, the amount of vibration at 40 is enough to get you car sick or worse need a hip replacement. This one is mint and only 20k.

2nd one was 2005, for 20k it was ok but far from perfect.

3rd was a 4x2, another wreck! Lol... Owners first words were I've never done anything to it, my reply was "ah there's no coolant in the degas bottle" his reply well it doesn't overheat cause you would see smoke coming from under the hood if it did. WTH! walked away without saying bye.

My friend has made a very generous cash offer on my EX, but after seeing all of these mint, great or new condition Ex's I couldn't see selling my EX EVER!

So, I'm starting to look for him.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Took the Ex on a day trip yesterday to the mountains, ran great. On the way back on I-40 cruised 75-80 the whole way. Put on about 480 miles, the Ex is so much more comfortable than the Fusion. This was a warm up for a possible cross country haul next spring.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

I still use my Photobucket account too, but when I do, I don't use the forum software too, when I post an image from P/bucket. I just use the image link auto generated and provided by my P/bucket page.

Stewart

Thats a good point that never crossed my mind.

When I used imageshack their "forum friendly" like never seemed to work on any forum for me so I just used the direct link all the time. Since I switched to imgur it was just natural habit to use the direct link. I will have to give their forum link a try and see if it works out. Thanks for that Stewart!

Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I cheat a bit for pictures, I just load everything up to my gallery here on FTE. Which makes it look like a discombobulated mess but it works lol.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Mr.Nobody
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changed out the passenger side half of the drag link, now. I can change
lanes and the Ex doesn't try to keep changing lanes. Steering is way tighter, but the steering box is making a bit of a clicking sound when I shake the pitman arm. Not much play, but something is shure not right in there.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I fired mine up tonight and let it get warm, it has been a few days since i drove it.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
took ours to the state fair and watched the demo derby. shoulda entered it. hahaa

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?