What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 07:24 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
damn dude! i start my truck like 5 mins before i leave lol
in my defense its only for half the year when its cold. summer time i dont idle much...unless its hot and it idles with the A/C on...haha

i'll pay to be comfortable that's what it boils down to.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:24 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Akex, you're not a true Alaskan. When I was on vacation to Fairbanks in January we were all bundled up and people were walking to work in summer clothes and gawking at us. It's very cold here too but the truck is outside and as soon as it starts it goes into drive. I do wear fleece gloves for a while though.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by EXv10
Akex, you're not a true Alaskan. When I was on vacation to Fairbanks in January we were all bundled up and people were walking to work in summer clothes and gawking at us. It's very cold here too but the truck is outside and as soon as it starts it goes into drive. I do wear fleece gloves for a while though.
Interesting..not a true Alaskan, i dont see how that's possible since i'm born and raised!

Talk to people in Fairbanks and you'll hear stories of not shutting your car/truck off because its so cold it'll freeze up solid at -60.

like i said, i like to be comfortable and i'll pay whatever it takes to make myself so.

i'm watching the TV show "extreme cheapskates" on TLC...holy crap people can be SO cheap!! my mind is boggled looking at how these people live!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:34 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
Interesting..not a true Alaskan, i dont see how that's possible since i'm born and raised!

Talk to people in Fairbanks and you'll hear stories of not shutting your car/truck off because its so cold it'll freeze up solid at -60.

like i said, i like to be comfortable and i'll pay whatever it takes to make myself so.

i'm watching the TV show "extreme cheapskates" on TLC...holy crap people can be SO cheap!! my mind is boggled looking at how these people live!:-X15
I guess that's me, right? I wasn't always cheap and it's not like I want to be.

I know about the cars they leave running and the lines of cars that look like horses tied to a hitching post with their block heaters, actually I wouldn't mind living there but I think you should live in San Diego Ca.

I saw that program one time and a guy was hanging up his paper towels after washing them and I was telling a guy at work about it and he said, "hec, I do that"........lol. Was that Asian girl on there that dumpster dives for food and invites her friends over for dinner?

Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
HAHA yeah that show was pretty crazy.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by EXv10
I guess that's me, right? I wasn't always cheap and it's not like I want to be.

I know about the cars they leave running and the lines of cars that look like horses tied to a hitching post with their block heaters, actually I wouldn't mind living there but I think you should live in San Diego Ca.

I saw that program one time and a guy was hanging up his paper towels after washing them and I was telling a guy at work about it and he said, "hec, I do that"........lol. Was that Asian girl on there that dumpster dives for food and invites her friends over for dinner?
I never thoughts you would be this bad Brent but maybe i have underestimated you?

No thanks, Alaska is home. traveled to plenty of warm over crowded places and they are fun to visit but not to live.

this one guy was a firefighter and he grabs the old food in the fire house and brings it home for dinner, cuts his breakers in his house at 9PM....

For me i'd rather be broke and comfortable/happy then save a bunch of money and be miserable. But that's me! cant take cash to the grave

Old 11-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Had an unexpected expense with the '05 today....

Just before I ran the '05 through the Carwash, I was spraying tire cleaner on and noticed that the left rear tire was cracking, then I found 2 spots where it started splitting....

So $1000 later the problem is fixed with some new Michelin LTX M/S tires.

Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

i'm watching the TV show "extreme cheapskates" on TLC...holy crap people can be SO cheap!! my mind is boggled looking at how these people live!

you still live at home and how old are you? now whos cheap? spread them wings son.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 PM
rumleyus
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I installed PlasmaGlow Skypods on my 2003 Limited. Why? They're cool lookin! There's a few step by step instructions on the web. These lights also have white LEDs on the back side that you can wire into the back up light circuit. I think I'll connect this to the same circuit that the running board lights are on.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
I never thoughts you would be this bad Brent but maybe i have underestimated you?

No thanks, Alaska is home. traveled to plenty of warm over crowded places and they are fun to visit but not to live.

this one guy was a firefighter and he grabs the old food in the fire house and brings it home for dinner, cuts his breakers in his house at 9PM....

For me i'd rather be broke and comfortable/happy then save a bunch of money and be miserable. But that's me! cant take cash to the grave
Reminds me of when I used to hang shades and blinds and It was 95* out and I was hanging heavy shutters in some guy's house all day and about 3:00 pm I asked him if he had AC and he said, "Yea but we don't turn it on until 5".

Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Had an unexpected expense with the '05 today....

Just before I ran the '05 through the Carwash, I was spraying tire cleaner on and noticed that the left rear tire was cracking, then I found 2 spots where it started splitting....

So $1000 later the problem is fixed with some new Michelin LTX M/S tires.
What kind of tire was it and how old was it?

Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
on a side note, we are getting our turkeys ready for thanksgiving!

Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2013, 10:17 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by Skip1970
you still live at home and how old are you? now whos cheap? spread them wings son.
true, but not for financial reasons, i gotta take care of my dad. He has been on disability since 1996 and i was 7. I've been helping out any way i can since then.

I cant and won't be moving out, family means everything to me.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:24 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Skip1970
on a side note, we are getting our turkeys ready for thanksgiving!
Looks like "Massacre on Elm Street"

Old 11-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by rumleyus
Today I installed PlasmaGlow Skypods on my 2003 Limited. Why? They're cool lookin! There's a few step by step instructions on the web. These lights also have white LEDs on the back side that you can wire into the back up light circuit. I think I'll connect this to the same circuit that the running board lights are on.
Nice first post!

Welcome to FTE!

Now, please start a new thread and post pics of your Excursion and the mod you just did so we can all see!!

Stewart

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?