Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:17 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I sized up the X to see if it will fit into the garage.
We just moved and the garage us still fairly full of boxes, and it is now snowing outside so the X wants in.

By measurements it might just fit, but now the shift of boxes has to start. I hate moving. Lol

Old 10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Pics! Bro! Pics!
Here is a few too!

Attached Images    
Old 10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look back

Look what my buddies at UPS brought me today. I sure do like those guys, always bringing me presents...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
changed the oil, brand new motorcraft fl1995 filter and rotella t6 oil

Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NICE mirrors Txtinct !!!!

Originally Posted by wallz
I sized up the X to see if it will fit into the garage.
We just moved and the garage us still fairly full of boxes, and it is now snowing outside so the X wants in.

By measurements it might just fit, but now the shift of boxes has to start. I hate moving. Lol
Funny....
when we built this one that was the first change order...
22 foot garage and 9 foot high doors on all 3

and now building again and guess what first consideration was ?!?

straight in garage with 9 foot doors - and given that I crushed the side mirror once and the concessions they are giving, am getting 2 TWO car garages - two of them straight in

Old 10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
airjeff
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finished up replacing my oil cooler over the weekend. Also did the STC fitting, BPD EGR cooler, turbo lines, FPR spring and a few other updated parts. I did it in 45-90 minute chunks so it 7 days, but it wasn't a hard job. Lots of parts for sure, but not out of control. I think I spent 50% of my time cleaning parts. The oil cooler to EGR coolant hose was leaking so that made a mess. And it looked like oil had been spilled and fuel too while changing filters. Not to mention the intake and EGR took some work to clean. All in all I'm glad I did it myself, I learned alot about the truck and feel a lot more confident doing other work.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by sddesigns
Here is a few too!
I still can't believe ya wouldn't let me paint all those parts while they were disassembled...

I put about 1600 miles on the X going to this GTG, but only burned about 2gals of diesel!!!!! THANKS again to Muns for bringing me enough VO for the return-trip! Saved us from having to carry so much.

GREAT trip, my boys (8 & 11) stopped at Hershey factory then had a BLAST at Brownie's all weekend. The only issue we had was discovering nails in a trailer tire, so we threw on the spare before we ate lunch yesterday. We were at Cracker Barrel somewhere in VA on I-81 for the tire change and the boys were goofing around in the parking lot while I got the spare, jack, etc out. They ended up finding a few vibra-loc sleeves - a couple used ones, but (2) NEW ones!! I promptly threw them in the Guzzle-kit with all my other spare parts. Obviously someone changed a fuel bowl or something in that lot recently...............

Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Finished up installing all the o-rings and fuel return yesterday, drove it around some and all seems good!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Front Runner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine upgrade is fairly simple. I install two rear mudguards on the X.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
she had to sit out last night in sub freezing temps! poor thing..back to the garage tonight lol

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
I still can't believe ya wouldn't let me paint all those parts while they were disassembled...
You might have been able to, being how distracted I was with all the challenges (AKA....learning experiences)....lol

Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
from what i understand if you keep your car in a heated garage and stuill drive it in the winter, it promotes rust faster, due to all the extra places condensation occures and re occures over and over every day. where as it just does one big thaw usually if exposed to the winter all the time.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:48 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by b-uno
from what i understand if you keep your car in a heated garage and stuill drive it in the winter, it promotes rust faster, due to all the extra places condensation occures and re occures over and over every day. where as it just does one big thaw usually if exposed to the winter all the time.
i hear thats true in places they salt, but not so much places they dont. i have never had any issues with rust ever. allthough since my explorer started getting parked outside in '09 i have seen a huge increase in surface rust on the undercarriage compared to then it was garaged almost every day if its life from 1996 till 2009. so i guess i have to disagree with that opinion w/my personal experiences...not to mention i love pulling up to work with the only car/truck with no snow/ice on it..even the owner of the company parks outside..wtf! lol

not to mention when its 0 degrees outside getting into a nice 70 degree truck is soooooooo nice

Old 10-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
i hear thats true in places they salt, but not so much places they dont. i have never had any issues with rust ever. allthough since my explorer started getting parked outside in '09 i have seen a huge increase in surface rust on the undercarriage compared to then it was garaged almost every day if its life from 1996 till 2009. so i guess i have to disagree with that opinion w/my personal experiences...not to mention i love pulling up to work with the only car/truck with no snow/ice on it..even the owner of the company parks outside..wtf! lol

not to mention when its 0 degrees outside getting into a nice 70 degree truck is soooooooo nice
Parking on grass or dirt or melting snow or ice is a big no no for undercarriages, i think if its in the garage long enough to dry it completely then it would be good, but still you go from 70 to below freezing in a matter of seconds when you pull out so the condensation on interior door panels and inside the body has got to be signifigant.

http://community.cartalk.com/discuss...-vs-outside/p1

"Parking in a heated garage will accelerate the rusting process, so I would advise against putting a car in a heated garage. "

Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

as they say... opinions are like *******s everyone has one haha

only real time it stays outside is the 8 hours at work a day. when i go in the garage in the morning most if not all of the runoff that came off the truck is dry. ofcourse our winter air is soooo dry your going to see condensation you will see the same if you get in and take off. your windows will ice up from the inside due to breathing.

that said, i've never noticed any significant amount of moisture inside or out when pulling out/in or there after.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?