Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
I sized up the X to see if it will fit into the garage.
We just moved and the garage us still fairly full of boxes, and it is now snowing outside so the X wants in.

By measurements it might just fit, but now the shift of boxes has to start. I hate moving. Lol
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Pics! Bro! Pics!
Here is a few too!
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
You'll shoot your eye out

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
Look back

Look what my buddies at UPS brought me today. I sure do like those guys, always bringing me presents...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
changed the oil, brand new motorcraft fl1995 filter and rotella t6 oil
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. On a journey to keep a PMA and not rant about Texass
Old 10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
NICE mirrors Txtinct !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
I sized up the X to see if it will fit into the garage.
We just moved and the garage us still fairly full of boxes, and it is now snowing outside so the X wants in.

By measurements it might just fit, but now the shift of boxes has to start. I hate moving. Lol
Funny....
when we built this one that was the first change order...
22 foot garage and 9 foot high doors on all 3

and now building again and guess what first consideration was ?!?

straight in garage with 9 foot doors - and given that I crushed the side mirror once and the concessions they are giving, am getting 2 TWO car garages - two of them straight in
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Senior User

airjeff has a good reputation on FTE.airjeff has a good reputation on FTE.
I finished up replacing my oil cooler over the weekend. Also did the STC fitting, BPD EGR cooler, turbo lines, FPR spring and a few other updated parts. I did it in 45-90 minute chunks so it 7 days, but it wasn't a hard job. Lots of parts for sure, but not out of control. I think I spent 50% of my time cleaning parts. The oil cooler to EGR coolant hose was leaking so that made a mess. And it looked like oil had been spilled and fuel too while changing filters. Not to mention the intake and EGR took some work to clean. All in all I'm glad I did it myself, I learned alot about the truck and feel a lot more confident doing other work.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddesigns View Post
Here is a few too!
I still can't believe ya wouldn't let me paint all those parts while they were disassembled...

I put about 1600 miles on the X going to this GTG, but only burned about 2gals of diesel!!!!! THANKS again to Muns for bringing me enough VO for the return-trip! Saved us from having to carry so much.

GREAT trip, my boys (8 & 11) stopped at Hershey factory then had a BLAST at Brownie's all weekend. The only issue we had was discovering nails in a trailer tire, so we threw on the spare before we ate lunch yesterday. We were at Cracker Barrel somewhere in VA on I-81 for the tire change and the boys were goofing around in the parking lot while I got the spare, jack, etc out. They ended up finding a few vibra-loc sleeves - a couple used ones, but (2) NEW ones!! I promptly threw them in the Guzzle-kit with all my other spare parts. Obviously someone changed a fuel bowl or something in that lot recently...............
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Finished up installing all the o-rings and fuel return yesterday, drove it around some and all seems good!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Elder User

Front Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputation
Mine upgrade is fairly simple. I install two rear mudguards on the X.

2002 Excursion Limited, 4x4, V10, 4.88 gears, 6" PC lift , 20" XD Hoss wheels, 35" Pro Comp tires
2013 VW GTI 2.0L TSI, 6 speed Manual
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
she had to sit out last night in sub freezing temps! poor thing..back to the garage tonight lol
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
I still can't believe ya wouldn't let me paint all those parts while they were disassembled...
You might have been able to, being how distracted I was with all the challenges (AKA....learning experiences)....lol
Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
from what i understand if you keep your car in a heated garage and stuill drive it in the winter, it promotes rust faster, due to all the extra places condensation occures and re occures over and over every day. where as it just does one big thaw usually if exposed to the winter all the time.
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. On a journey to keep a PMA and not rant about Texass
Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-uno View Post
from what i understand if you keep your car in a heated garage and stuill drive it in the winter, it promotes rust faster, due to all the extra places condensation occures and re occures over and over every day. where as it just does one big thaw usually if exposed to the winter all the time.
i hear thats true in places they salt, but not so much places they dont. i have never had any issues with rust ever. allthough since my explorer started getting parked outside in '09 i have seen a huge increase in surface rust on the undercarriage compared to then it was garaged almost every day if its life from 1996 till 2009. so i guess i have to disagree with that opinion w/my personal experiences...not to mention i love pulling up to work with the only car/truck with no snow/ice on it..even the owner of the company parks outside..wtf! lol

not to mention when its 0 degrees outside getting into a nice 70 degree truck is soooooooo nice
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
Old 10-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

thronsonskip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
i hear thats true in places they salt, but not so much places they dont. i have never had any issues with rust ever. allthough since my explorer started getting parked outside in '09 i have seen a huge increase in surface rust on the undercarriage compared to then it was garaged almost every day if its life from 1996 till 2009. so i guess i have to disagree with that opinion w/my personal experiences...not to mention i love pulling up to work with the only car/truck with no snow/ice on it..even the owner of the company parks outside..wtf! lol

not to mention when its 0 degrees outside getting into a nice 70 degree truck is soooooooo nice
Parking on grass or dirt or melting snow or ice is a big no no for undercarriages, i think if its in the garage long enough to dry it completely then it would be good, but still you go from 70 to below freezing in a matter of seconds when you pull out so the condensation on interior door panels and inside the body has got to be signifigant.

http://community.cartalk.com/discuss...-vs-outside/p1

"Parking in a heated garage will accelerate the rusting process, so I would advise against putting a car in a heated garage. "
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Post Fiend

as they say... opinions are like *******s everyone has one haha

only real time it stays outside is the 8 hours at work a day. when i go in the garage in the morning most if not all of the runoff that came off the truck is dry. ofcourse our winter air is soooo dry your going to see condensation you will see the same if you get in and take off. your windows will ice up from the inside due to breathing.

that said, i've never noticed any significant amount of moisture inside or out when pulling out/in or there after.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 AM